Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas GOP Declares Biden Illegitimate, Demands End to Abortion

ExpandMyMind

6 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Maybe I just lead a sheltered life, but I have never seen any of this.  Where the hell are you getting your information?

Doug

I have to assume you are joking. Much of that has been discussed here several times. 

11 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I had already stated that. 

You are missing the point. Are we really supposed to be outraged by the wording of a platform stance while our children are being taught in school how to “tuck” their genitals? You think you can do whatever you want and then keep getting your way by pretending to be outraged and offended by words in a document? I don’t agree with the words but I also don’t care about them, not even a little, The same people crying about those words have called me a terrorist for wanting a say in what my child learns in public school. 

The "document" is the Texas Republicans party's official platform. It's not like it's some random dudes journal lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I have to assume you are joking. Much of that has been discussed here several times. 

Like I said. Outrage media.

Picking extreme situations across the country to try and generalize entire groups of people and movements. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I have missed those discussions, but that really wouldn't affect my not having seen it.  Are you telling us you got your information from UM?  I am doubting your source.

Doug

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

The "document" is the Texas Republicans party's official platform. It's not like it's some random dudes journal lol.

So what? What are you gonna do? Call me a terrorist again? A bigot? 

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Like I said. Outrage media.

Picking extreme situations across the country to try and generalize entire groups of people and movements. 

if it’s extreme then denounce it. Even the “outrage media” made the distinction between “gay men” and what was happening with this child. That’s something you won’t do. That’s something the left won’t do. No, we are supposed to be mad about the words in the GOPs platform while you are sexualizing our kids and calling us terrorists, 

The  idea that you want to downplay this stuff an “extreme” when you and I have talked about it  and you know full well the extent of it is not good. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

I have missed those discussions, but that really wouldn't affect my not having seen it.  Are you telling us you got your information from UM?  I am doubting your source.

Doug

Doug, the subject of LGBTQ “sexuality” education in public schools has been a hot topic for the past year or so. If there is something specific I can help you find I’ll be happy to. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8711687/Teachers-told-encourage-male-primary-school-students-tuck-penis-appear-feminine.html

10 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So what? What are you gonna do? Call me a terrorist again? A bigot? 

if it’s extreme then denounce it. Even the “outrage media” made the distinction between “gay men” and what was happening with this child. That’s something you won’t do. That’s something the left won’t do. No, we are supposed to be mad about the words in the GOPs platform while you are sexualizing our kids and calling us terrorists, 

The  idea that you want to downplay this stuff an “extreme” when you and I have talked about it  and you know full well the extent of it is not good. 

I don't believe I've ever called you a terrorist lol

I denounce bars allowing 11 year olds to work for them in skimpy clothes or to work for them at all really.

Im not going to watch Shapiro's video but from Google I think thats the situation you're talking about?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Crenshaw is a decorated vet and his ideas are about as right and conservative as they come. He is pretty honest and up front about things and doesn't talk like a wishy washy politician.    He was confronted because he is not a Trump supporter. 

I still have a lot of fond memories of growing up in Texas.  Usually the second part of that statement is "Times have changed."   But in  the last 40 years, Texas hasn't changed much. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Doug, the subject of LGBTQ “sexuality” education in public schools has been a hot topic for the past year or so. If there is something specific I can help you find I’ll be happy to. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8711687/Teachers-told-encourage-male-primary-school-students-tuck-penis-appear-feminine.html

So if I'm following this link right. Which really isn't the best journalism because it dosen't answer half of my questions.

Than a school provided a booklet called ,"OMG I'm trans" to students. And part of the booklet explained things such as binding and other methods trans people often use to fight their dsyhopria.

Seems fine to me. Trans people exist. No problem having student learn about them. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So that's what's going on in New South Wales.  I never paid much attention to what gays are doing, particularly when they're in Australia.

I'm a long way from up-to-date on the research on this subject, but aren't there several different combinations of X and Y chromosomes that manifest as male in a female body and vice versa?  There's even a combination that produces male and female cells in the same individual.  In short, science has a long way to go in the area of gender.  In the absence of real knowledge, it makes sense to back off and give people the benefit of the doubt.

I know several gays, one lesbian and two trans people and I can't see any of them acting like you describe.  I think they'd be shocked.  What color is the sky in your world?

Doug

P.S.:  And one bi.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The US is still suffering the effects of Regan (and the UK, Thatcher). Going by inflation and cost of living, the US minimum wage, to match the 70s, should be somewhere between $25-$30 per hour. It's about a quarter of that in most places. And that's largely down to Regan.

A strong leader is all fine and well, but you'll find that people buy into anything they say. Trickle-down economics? :lol:

What you really need is another FDR. Or even an Eisenhower to bridge the gap. Bernie could give you a shot, but the corporate media has spent too long slating him as an extremist for it to happen. That's a magic trick of epic proportions.

Maybe, but at the same time after growing up with Nixon, Ford and Carter, Reagan Was a breath of fresh air for the country. He was so popular that even my ultra liberal state went red for a while.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't believe I've ever called you a terrorist lol

I denounce bars allowing 11 year olds to work for them in skimpy clothes or to work for them at all really.

Im not going to watch Shapiro's video but from Google I think thats the situation you're talking about?

No, you haven’t called me a terrorist. I apologize, I was generalizing “you” as in your side of the issue, 

The incident in that video is one of many, The problem is it’s not enough to be tolerant of homosexuality, which I believe most people are. Frankly, I could careless if someone if gay or not. However, now, “homosexuality” is an umbrella term for all sorts of behavior. It seems like if you slap a “LGBTQ” sticker on it and you can behave however you like. 

It doesn’t matter to me that the video was in a gay bar. It could have been in a straight bar and I would have  found it just as objectionable. But no one is defending that kind of behavior by straight people. It’s the same thing with what’s happening in schools. I wouldn’t want a straight man having these conversations with my kid, 

But you guys won’t make that distinction, if anyone resists the LGBTQ at any stage for any behavior, they are labeled a homophobe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

So that's what's going on in New South Wales.  I never paid much attention to what gays are doing, particularly when they're in Australia.

I'm a long way from up-to-date on the research on this subject, but aren't there several different combinations of X and Y chromosomes that manifest as male in a female body and vice versa?  There's even a combination that produces male and female cells in the same individual.  In short, science has a long way to go in the area of gender.  In the absence of real knowledge, it makes sense to back off and give people the benefit of the doubt.

I know several gays, one lesbian and two trans people and I can't see any of them acting like you describe.  I think they'd be shocked.  What color is the sky in your world?

Doug

P.S.:  And one bi.

Doug

By “backing off and give people the benefit of the doubt” do you mean chemically castrating a child? Because that’s under the umbrella of the statement you made, 

4 hours ago, el midgetron said:

but then I have to pretend like it’s normal for a fat guy to dance down the street with his genitalia exposed to children? 

Where did that happen?

On what planet is it "normal" for an adult to expose his genitals to children?

Is it relevant that he's fat? (just curious)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, el midgetron said:

By “backing off and give people the benefit of the doubt” do you mean chemically castrating a child? Because that’s under the umbrella of the statement you made, 

Are you ok?

You are really making some very strange comments that only you can apparently see a meaning in, seriously what’s going on?

:(

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

So if I'm following this link right. Which really isn't the best journalism because it dosen't answer half of my questions.

Than a school provided a booklet called ,"OMG I'm trans" to students. And part of the booklet explained things such as binding and other methods trans people often use to fight their dsyhopria.

Seems fine to me. Trans people exist. No problem having student learn about them. 

That's the thing, a lot of conservatives these days are just outright disgusted by the fact that they have to be aware minorities exist. They want gays back in the closet, trans people too, so they don't have to look at them, and the idea of anybody browner then they are not being a second class citizen boils their blood because it means prosperity they deserve is being divvied out to "Lazy darkies". 

For the longest time, it was pushed into the background, it wasn't acceptable to spew this sort of thing and folks where on their own. But then places like 4chan popped up and it allowed this stuff to fester, and we're dealing with the effects of it. I hope at the end of this we consider a rule similar to what they have in Germany where any far-right nonsense is just straight up illegal. I don't generally agree on limits to free speech, but time and again far-right ideology has brought nations and continents to the brink of utter disaster and is responsible for some of the worse atrocities in human history. I HOPE things don't get that far here, but damned if I'm not eyeing the border more and more these days. 

And miss me with that 'but communism did-'. We don't have a problem with communists, we have a problem with far-right nutcases like the Proud Boys and, regrettably, with a handful of exceptions, the modern republican party. Here's hoping Cheney and Romney don't end up purged, but I wouldn't put much past the Trumpists these days. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, el midgetron said:

If it's the best treatment for their dysphoria according to the very robust and extremely restrictive system we have in place for that sort of thing, then yes. 

Look, I see you ranting about that stuff on a regular basis. You seem to think that you just go down to the doctor, stick your willy in a machine, and POOF, irreversible sex change. That's not how it works, it can take upwards of a decade or more to get the process along to the point where you're getting bottom surgery. How do I know this? I've talked to actual trans people and heard their stories, you just listen to Tucker Carlson and other right wing pundits who either have no idea what they're talking about, or are straight up lying to you in order to con you into supporting their authoritarian ambitions. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Arbenol said:

Where did that happen?

On what planet is it "normal" for an adult to expose his genitals to children?

Is it relevant that he's fat? (just curious)

Right, well just pointing out that this sort of thing does happen...

Every year at the beach during summer vacation

We've all seen some fat person or another wearing a way too revealing bathing suit and we don't treat that like a federal offense. We just post the video onto Tiktok and some dude syncs it to Numa-Numa. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Are you ok?

You are really making some very strange comments that only you can apparently see a meaning in, seriously what’s going on?

:(

I'm not allowed to comment on what I actually think of the fellow's behavior, but the readers digest version is 'I hope someday he gets the help he so desperately needs'. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, el midgetron said:

I can see you're a conservative.  A liberal would never even think of such a vicious interpretation.

Is some adult exposing himself to children a common problem where you come from?  I concede that it may have happened once, in which case, it should be dealt with by local law enforcement,  You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Besides, public nudity laws are church laws, something supposed to be forbidden under separation of church and state.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Dear God dude.

This is all you need to say.

Because that's what was added to the platform. That homosexuality is a "adnormal lifestyle choice". 

Idk why you're trying to air out all your trans issues again. 

If you don't defend the platform stance then leave it at that, otherwise it just looks like you're just trying to defend it . 

I think he was explaining where he believes the negative reaction to LGBTQ+ rhetoric comes from. Just because being gay isn’t bad doesn’t mean the behavior of all parts of the community are good.  I get what he’s saying and he’s pointing out propagandized outlying behavior mainly. I live in a gayborhood (their word :)) and there is a big gay street fair put on by local businesses every year and entire families of any sexual preference attend and there is nothing offensive going on unless someone is trying to get offended. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

That's the thing, a lot of conservatives these days are just outright disgusted by the fact that they have to be aware minorities exist. They want gays back in the closet, trans people too, so they don't have to look at them, and the idea of anybody browner then they are not being a second class citizen boils their blood because it means prosperity they deserve is being divvied out to "Lazy darkies".

You are such an an idiot for thinking that.   Yes, there are some conservatives who feel that way but not a lot as you claim.   I guess it would be fine if I say a lot of Democrats are child molesters, even though I know it is just a small percentage.  

Wake up!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gromdor said:

You realize the country was founded by men wearing wigs, make-up and heels, right?

Five regiments of kilted warriors have served in America:

82nd Royal Highlanders (The Black Watch) fought in the French ad Indian War and the Revolution

78th Frazier Highlanders fought in the French and Indian War

79th Montgomery Highlanders were nearly exterminated at Pittsburg (Only six of 1005 men returned home.)

84th Territorial Highlanders was raised in America for the Revolution, mostly from elements of the 82nd, 78th and 79th regiments that stayed in America after their service time had expired.

79th New York Highlanders fought for the Union during the Civil War.  Yes.  They wore kilts.

The first battle cry of the American Revolution was "King George and Broadswords."

Doug

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

You posting this ignorant stereotype is no different than el midegtron and his referring to outlier behavior as being common in the gay/trans community.  Yes it happens from both sides but to lump every conservative or every trans person into a "This is what they do" category is dishonest and ignorant.  All this festering in you is only serving to turn people off from your point of view and negatively effecting pretty much every aspect of your life as well I would wager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked