Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voice of The Almighty

taniwha

4 minutes ago, taniwha said:

No worries, I do want a place to come to on here that feels like peace so that's why my shortness.

I haven't been around churches long enough to enjoy them lol.

I get side tracked easily, by the architecture or the music or other worshippers, I'm like, am I suppose to close eyes and swing arms like that?

And I bore too easy listening to sermons lol

I'm interested in lots more if it's there.

So I have also been to mosques, for me something lacks even more so, though the message was perhaps of interest, but language was a setback

Recently I attended the Krishna Temple and that's got a more vibrant atmosphere, more engaging people and good food too. I love the Sanskrit tongue.

I plan to go to Buddhist Temple some time soon check her out.

I did start out this year deeply studying JW as a beginner, one on one tuition over the phone.  I really found it rewarding.

How about yourself?

I have no interest in disruption. As long as your not pushing or selling anything, your faith is your choice and that is outside anyones business. Nobody should tell you if you can be religious or not. I would support you in that instance. When people start with "religious facts" rather than faith is when things go off the rails. 

I'm am Atheist. 

I must say though, I respect Buddhism. If I wanted a religion, that would be my choice. 

I've seen JWs in a very dubious light for most of my life. My parents were torn apart by a JW church and the elders. My mother got heavily involved, and my father refusing to give up his Catholic faith was deemed the enemy, I'm sure you have heard about their excommunication measures. They used those threats, my mother had an affair with the church elder and as long as I've been alive she just got worse always chasing the perfect church.

She dragged my little sister and I witnessing on 12 hour days in summer in the early days. Eventually heading to Qld for a new start, going from church to church, C of E, born again, orthodox greek, you name it. I've been home tutored by JWs, BACs, but escaped having to study for communion during her C of E stage. We lived out bush. No church for a few years. It was awesome. 

Gave it right away for years after I moved out at 17. Still believed but didn't practise. 

Then I reunited with my father. He moved to Qld. I found a new interest in the Catholic faith. I enjoyed the intricacy of the architecture and stained glass, like yourself. The respect for tradition. The meaning behind rites performed. My father became popular at church quickly and was given roles. Handing out collection plate's, carrying the cross down the aisle. Getting the wine ready. Afterwards was tea with some very lovely, mostly elderly, parishioners. I enjoyed the experience, became a regular, went to TAFE, became Catholic, got baptised (my father was wrapped, mostly did it for him) and found it the most genuine religious experience out of the many I had. 

I became a father. My father passed away. I made some strong efforts spanning a good decade about afterlife, death, heck. Life the universe and everything. 

Science made too much sense. I saw the world in a real light, it was grey. I can't unsee it. My marriage ended, had a bad job and after a while I found I had no faith in anything, and nothing was as I was taught. 

Atheism was an epiphany from there. It's the only thing that just doesn't let me down and raises no expectations. It never lies. No false hope.

Works for me.

If there is a god, watch out. We are having strong words.... With a baseball bat. 

Holy crap. That's a babble and a half. Well..... You asked!!! :lol: Sorry if I have derailed the thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

I can't disagree with you as I see it both ways.

Since the message, what is the greatest social decision to face the inhabitants of the entire earth?

The greatest social decision just happened. Who are they going to believe? Are they going to fear for their own lives, or are they going to save others? Everyone had to make a choice during the pandemic, and there is much more on the way. Are they going to side with Russia or Ukraine? Are they going to choose to do good or evil? Are they going to let go of the old things, or hold onto them in vain?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I have no interest in disruption. As long as your not pushing or selling anything, your faith is your choice and that is outside anyones business. Nobody should tell you if you can be religious or not. I would support you in that instance. When people start with "religious facts" rather than faith is when things go off the rails. 

I'm am Atheist. 

I must say though, I respect Buddhism. If I wanted a religion, that would be my choice. 

I've seen JWs in a very dubious light for most of my life. My parents were torn apart by a JW church and the elders. My mother got heavily involved, and my father refusing to give up his Catholic faith was deemed the enemy, I'm sure you have heard about their excommunication measures. They used those threats, my mother had an affair with the church elder and as long as I've been alive she just got worse always chasing the perfect church.

She dragged my little sister and I witnessing on 12 hour days in summer in the early days. Eventually heading to Qld for a new start, going from church to church, C of E, born again, orthodox greek, you name it. I've been home tutored by JWs, BACs, but escaped having to study for communion during her C of E stage. We lived out bush. No church for a few years. It was awesome. 

Gave it right away for years after I moved out at 17. Still believed but didn't practise. 

Then I reunited with my father. He moved to Qld. I found a new interest in the Catholic faith. I enjoyed the intricacy of the architecture and stained glass, like yourself. The respect for tradition. The meaning behind rites performed. My father became popular at church quickly and was given roles. Handing out collection plate's, carrying the cross down the aisle. Getting the wine ready. Afterwards was tea with some very lovely, mostly elderly, parishioners. I enjoyed the experience, became a regular, went to TAFE, became Catholic, got baptised (my father was wrapped, mostly did it for him) and found it the most genuine religious experience out of the many I had. 

I became a father. My father passed away. I made some strong efforts spanning a good decade about afterlife, death, heck. Life the universe and everything. 

Science made too much sense. I saw the world in a real light, it was grey. I can't unsee it. My marriage ended, had a bad job and after a while I found I had no faith in anything, and nothing was as I was taught. 

Atheism was an epiphany from there. It's the only thing that just doesn't let me down and raises no expectations. It never lies. No false hope.

Works for me.

If there is a god, watch out. We are having strong words.... With a baseball bat. 

Holy crap. That's a babble and a half. Well..... You asked!!! :lol: Sorry if I have derailed the thread. 

Your life certainly seems frought with derailment the opposite is true here, your story is absolutely welcome it's powerful and inspiring, a rich and varied journey you share and I hope it inspires in others the courage to speak about their own experiences.

That's exactly what this thread is about.

One my best friend she is catholic. Man we are a cat and a dog I tell you!  Argue like nothing else!  She seems to only find solace in the word and in meditation. Wow she even wants to be a monk. I admire people of such strong will, I do understand she believes her life is not her own, and it saddens me to hear that.

On this forum I find @markdohleblogs so soothing to read.

I think we might be all born atheist if so then now you have come full circle,  as a child again so to speak. 

Have you rejected faith completely or something still niggles within?

I wonder that about atheists.

Some BAA (born again atheists, lol, I'm neither religiously or politically 'correct' either! :innocent: ) I noticed still hold a gleam in their eyes when I talk to them about the bible almost hanging on the salvation of the next word I might drop. But

I confess I am just as a learner and no more so there is no confusion about that.

Just some thoughts.

I hope better for anyone feeling spiritually void god bless you mate and thanks again that awesome post!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

The greatest social decision just happened. Who are they going to believe? Are they going to fear for their own lives, or are they going to save others? Everyone had to make a choice during the pandemic, and there is much more on the way. Are they going to side with Russia or Ukraine? Are they going to choose to do good or evil? Are they going to let go of the old things, or hold onto them in vain?

You summed that up perfectly!

On 7/25/2022 at 8:05 PM, taniwha said:

No worries, I do want a place to come to on here that feels like peace so that's why my shortness.

I haven't been around churches long enough to enjoy them lol.

I get side tracked easily, by the architecture or the music or other worshippers, I'm like, am I suppose to close eyes and swing arms like that?

And I bore too easy listening to sermons lol

I'm interested in lots more if it's there.

So I have also been to mosques, for me something lacks even more so, though the message was perhaps of interest, but language was a setback

Recently I attended the Krishna Temple and that's got a more vibrant atmosphere, more engaging people and good food too. I love the Sanskrit tongue.

I plan to go to Buddhist Temple some time soon check her out.

I did start out this year deeply studying JW as a beginner, one on one tuition over the phone.  I really found it rewarding.

How about yourself?

A JW out of the blue phoned me and talked to me about joining them, I agreed to have her call once a week, this went on for several weeks - she was following her lesson plan, but I told her to talk with me without any lesson plan.

Long story short, I finally admitted to her that I could not be a JW, and anyway we could still contact each other like friends.

To date I have not called her, and she has not called me either. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oslove said:

A JW out of the blue phoned me and talked to me about joining them, I agreed to have her call once a week, this went on for several weeks - she was following her lesson plan, but I told her to talk with me without any lesson plan.

Long story short, I finally admitted to her that I could not be a JW, and anyway we could still contact each other like friends.

To date I have not called her, and she has not called me either. 

Now that's cute.  They aren't allowed to one on one with the men nor the men one on one with the women lest they be tempted by the flesh.

That's why you will see them witness door to door both male and female.

Edited by taniwha
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Now that's cute.  They aren't allowed to one on one with the men nor the men one on one with the women lest they be tempted by the flesh.

That's why you will see them witness door to door both male and female.

Actually I did a search in the net about them, and I learned that due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, they have switched to proselytizing by online telephone approach.

1 hour ago, oslove said:

Actually I did a search in the net about them, and I learned that due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, they have switched to proselytizing by online telephone approach.

I must add that JW members are very helpful to one another, if you are painting your house, they will come over to help.

To be honest, on that consideration I could have liked to become a member, but there is the discipline that you have to obey or assent to someone like a group leader in matters of doctrine and personal life.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2022 at 10:00 AM, oslove said:

I must add that JW members are very helpful to one another, if you are painting your house, they will come over to help.

To be honest, on that consideration I could have liked to become a member, but there is the discipline that you have to obey or assent to someone like a group leader in matters of doctrine and personal life.

Absolutely family oriented, and yes they are reknowned for helping their congregation no matter where on earth you end up!

What attracted me to them is their dedication and research in analysing and interpretation of the scriptures. 

And I endorse that forensic approach to study, it gives the scientific mind we all have a lot more bite, and their word entymology is world-class. Their dedicated approach has made any new comers task a lot easier, with what I believe to be is the greatest collective of on line biblical knowledge available on the skynet today

I sure was surprised to learn that they do NOT believe that any human ends up in hell.

I don't abide by guilt tripping or coercive theologies so had a great openess to what was being taught me

And because of their unswerving faith they come under attack, and can come across to some as very closed minded, if you loose your ability or loose your desire to even  question what you read hear or see then your mind has become controlled.

Here is a good scripture which expresses that sentiment 

Romans 12:2

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”

Edited by taniwha
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, taniwha said:

Absolutely family oriented, and yes they are reknowned for helping their congregation no matter where on earth you end up!

Not to my experience. They broke my family up. 

Perhaps you should look up their excommunication methods. Church comes before family. If you're family can't be converted you are told, not encouraged, to cut ties with them.

They are a "if you're not with us you're against us" mentality. 

And they misinterpret scripture insisting life saving operations are not permitted. Too many children have died like that and recently that aspect of JW faith was been challenged in court. JWs lost. The teenager lived. 

Having experienced that cult first hand, I beg to differ your conclusion. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Perhaps you should look up their excommunication methods. Church comes before family. If you're family can't be converted you are told, not encouraged, to cut ties with them.

And they misinterpret scripture insisting life saving operations are not permitted. Too many children have died like that and recently that aspect of JW faith was been challenged in court. JWs lost. The teenager lived. 

I agree family first.

Just now, taniwha said:

I agree family first.

The thing is JWs don't. The congregation is the new family to be loyal to. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I am so sorry you dealt with this as a child. I had the impression that you had experienced a horrible version of religion, but it was worse than I even thought. I am so glad you got out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I am so sorry you dealt with this as a child. I had the impression that you had experienced a horrible version of religion, but it was worse than I even thought. I am so glad you got out. 

As am I. 

My stepfather was the best thing that could have happened to me at that stage of my life. In retrospect, county life was good for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

As am I. 

My stepfather was the best thing that could have happened to me at that stage of my life. In retrospect, county life was good for me. 

Unless, one has had this type of experience it is hard to wrap their head around the brainwashing that takes place. I like how you use your voice to raise awareness. 

• Like 2

When great men of science were desperate for the world to be less than 10,000 years old and couldn't face reality...

In 19th-century England the eight Bridgewater Treatises were commissioned so that eminent scientists and philosophers would expand on the marvels of the natural world and thereby set forth “the Power, wisdom, and goodness of God as manifested in the Creation.”
11 Mar 2017  The Bridgewater treatises represent the state of safe, orthodox, science in early Victorian Britain. However, the volumes were too expensive ...

~

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Unless, one has had this type of experience it is hard to wrap their head around the brainwashing that takes place. I like how you use your voice to raise awareness. 

Thank you.

I just can't sit idly by while people call JWs "good".

They just aren't. They could teach Catholic priests a thing or two even.

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/case-studies/case-study-29-jehovahs-witnesses

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/MurUEJL/1995/21.html#:~:text=In Re O (a minor,blood had been attempted without

Awful cult.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, psyche101 said:

The thing is JWs don't. The congregation is the new family to be loyal to. 

If they would throw their own family under the bus in the name of Jehovah is a step too far, but yes indoctrination is a real threat and a real concern of mine because of family members in deep. I question them as you question me, and some.

In your case I agree with Sherapy for your own sake that you got out.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 8:38 PM, psyche101 said:

. . . .

I'm am Atheist. 

. . . . .

Do you practice self-explanation, why and how you are an atheist, of course you have to first define what is an atheist.

And please, avoid telling me that you don't have to talk with me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, oslove said:

Do you practice self-explanation, why and how you are an atheist, of course you have to first define what is an atheist.

And please, avoid telling me that you don't have to talk with me.

Please don't start derailing the topic by asking members for definitions easily available on the internet. Here's the Websters definition for you: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheist

Stick to the OP topic please. 

• Thanks 4

I wish to shift the discussion slightly, the Almighty expresses to us his message through the bible in many ways.  One interesting thought I heard lately which I quite enjoy is that the bible is a type of 'Rosetta stone' layered in interpretation and understanding

IMG_20220729_013845.thumb.jpg.7246ef8204284ce5007cdcc72def7af8.jpg

The manuscript above freshly came into my possession and is more than just a numerological chart or horoscope.

It divulges another aspect of the bible message, known as 'Pure Language', Jehovahs universal gift revealed for those willing and able to understand.

It is mathematical of course.

Zephaniah 3:9

'For then will I turn to the People a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with One consent' 

Habbakuk 2:2-3

'2 And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry'

Credits Mr K Baker (author, scholar, elder)

The answer contained within reveals that God Himself is the Atom!

• Confused 1

On 6/20/2022 at 10:37 AM, taniwha said:

Genesis 1:3
Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

Exodus 33:9

Whenever Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent; and the Lord would speak with Moses.

Exodus 33:11
Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend.

Warm Greetings UM,

Some great news for you all. 

Our words have power. The Lord God Almighty Jehovah has supreme power, by his words he giveth until us and by his words he can taketh away, such is his power over life and death. Which is another way of saying God is awesome!

One night in 2010 I believe I heard Gods voice speak 'into' me while I was asleep, so not just with my ears did I hear him but with my whole being also I was literally shaken awake.

The voice was deep, powerful and commanding, the language used was English, clear and resonant , the message cryptic, prophetic and omniscient.

I can never forget, "And the earth was asked to 'do' or 'dont' "

The violence of the  earthquake was immediate and instantaneous, a record magnitude 7.3 and was a precursor to an even more devasting and deadly one only 5 months later.

However as the years pass I know that the message was not about  the earthquake at all, the earthquake was the message!

Which now I am sharing it with you all kind of makes me the messenger, maybe?  I hope it's not too late :(

It was an alarm bell set to ring true 10 years in advance.

Everyone wake up please.  The time is now!

Joel 3:16
The Lord roars from Zion
And utters His voice from Jerusalem,
And the heavens and the earth tremble. 

Share your own experiences and messages :)

Thanks, praise be to the highest!

I would recommend watching some war vets talk about their experiences on YouTube.

There are quite a few not ashamed to admit that God talked to them when things went bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I would recommend watching some war vets talk about their experiences on YouTube.

There are quite a few not ashamed to admit that God talked to them when things went bad.

Thanks Cookie. :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, taniwha said:

I wish to shift the discussion slightly, the Almighty expresses to us his message through the bible in many ways.  One interesting thought I heard lately which I quite enjoy is that the bible is a type of 'Rosetta stone' layered in interpretation and understanding

IMG_20220729_013845.thumb.jpg.7246ef8204284ce5007cdcc72def7af8.jpg

The manuscript above freshly came into my possession and is more than just a numerological chart or horoscope.

It divulges another aspect of the bible message, known as 'Pure Language', Jehovahs universal gift revealed for those willing and able to understand.

It is mathematical of course.

Zephaniah 3:9

'For then will I turn to the People a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with One consent' 

Habbakuk 2:2-3

'2 And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry'

Credits Mr K Baker (author, scholar, elder)

The answer contained within reveals that God Himself is the Atom!

If God is the atom then there are two immediate problems. One, atoms can’t “choose” to do anything. Two, atoms didn’t exist for the first circa 380,000 years of the universe’s existence. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

If God is the atom then there are two immediate problems. One, atoms can’t “choose” to do anything. Two, atoms didn’t exist for the first circa 380,000 years of the universe’s existence. 

cormac

Nothing's a problem if you resolve it.  You just haven't reached that point. Science isn't an all knowing phenomena it is a work in progress.

• Confused 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked