Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof of God (Gnosticism = Knowledge is Power)

InvestigativeThinker

2 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Agreed, although I usually hear it just as a 'maybe'.  He apparently has a thought experiment in mind where you 'uncover differences before and after' but I don't see how that could possibly work in this scenario, unless we're assuming God did a poor job of 'creating history'. 

How does one create a history BEFORE history? 

cormac

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

How does one create a history BEFORE history? 

That's the problem with the God possibility, he can do anything even things we can't understand and if he's mucking with reality pulls the rug out from us understanding anything.  I assumed the theory is a variation of the old young-earth creationism excuse, "maybe the world is 6000 years old and the devil planted dinosaur fossils to fool us".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That's the problem with the God possibility, he can do anything even things we can't understand and if he's mucking with reality pulls the rug out from us understanding anything.  I assumed the theory is a variation of the old young-earth creationism excuse, "maybe the world is 6000 years old and the devil planted dinosaur fossils to fool us".

Ok, so apparently he’s at the “baffle us with BS” phase. :yes:

cormac

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

It's a phase?:blink:

• Haha 4

oslove

Posted 1 hour ago

Okay, Cormac, tell me, there is existence, yes or no.

===============

Cormac is at  a loss to answer, so I will answer my own question:

"Yes, there is existence, and that explains the existence of God, and the existence of God explains everything that is not God Himself, like Cormac and me and the universe." 

6 hours ago, oslove said:

oslove

Posted 1 hour ago

Okay, Cormac, tell me, there is existence, yes or no.

===============

Cormac is at  a loss to answer, so I will answer my own question:

"Yes, there is existence, and that explains the existence of God, and the existence of God explains everything that is not God Himself, like Cormac and me and the universe." 

That is why Cormac is at a loss to comment on my position, namely:

Because he does not want to give me the credit that he cannot anymore say that I don't know nothing.

Paging Xeno, now I am addressing this inquiry to you, "There is existence, yes or no."

Let me see whether you wll also like Cormac experience that you are at a loss to comment on the inquiry, "There is existence, yes or no."

8 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

I think the only one who is baffled with bs is him. :(

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I agree. 

cormac

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oslove said:

That is why Cormac is at a loss to comment on my position, namely:

Because he does not want to give me the credit that he cannot anymore say that I don't know nothing.

Paging Xeno, now I am addressing this inquiry to you, "There is existence, yes or no."

Let me see whether you wll also like Cormac experience that you are at a loss to comment on the inquiry, "There is existence, yes or no."

I’m not at a loss for anything, I AM however NOT interested in listening to nor after this responding to anymore of your bullscheisse. I also DO NOT accept your apology for having said something which at an earlier time at UM would have likely gotten you banned. I don’t like it but I don’t make the rules. C’est la vie! 

Go harass somebody else. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I despise historical revisionism. I think it’s an insult to the ingenuity and intelligence of mankind as a whole. I also find it rather hypocritical for some to complain as they do about science, pretending they know more than scientists while simultaneously using means to communicate that were developed BY SCIENCE. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I’m not at a loss for anything, I AM however NOT interested in listening to nor after this responding to anymore of your bullscheisse. I also DO NOT accept your apology for having said something which at an earlier time at UM would have likely gotten you banned. I don’t like it but I don’t make the rules. C’est la vie! 

Go harass somebody else. 

cormac

Exactly, my two cents is you are being harassed by this poster. Enough, he really needs to move on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

(1) The existence of God explains everything.

(2) The non-existence of God explains nothing.

(3) Therefore: God exists.

Please don't accuse me of preaching, because if I were into preaching, I would be promising you heaven and threatening with hell, but I don't do that, I am just into ventilating my thoughts.

Please also ventilate your thoughts, but they must be rational and productive, not into emotional i.e. irrational outbursts.

Well, so far no rational productive re-actions to my two submissions:

People are still at a loss.

Please don't accuse me of preaching, because if I were into preaching, I would be promising you heaven and threatening with hell, but I don't do that, I am just into ventilating my thoughts.

Please also ventilate your thoughts, but they must be rational and productive, not into emotional i.e. irrational outbursts.

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Looks like another attempted thread take over. 

Next to get closed perhaps? 

cormac

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Looks like another attempted thread take over. 

Self absorbed preacher.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Self absorbed preacher.

I put him on ignore. Got tired of it. Since he ain't rustling my jimmies he's gone after cormac.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I put him on ignore. Got tired of it. Since he ain't rustling my jimmies he's gone after cormac.

I don’t think he realizes cyber bullying is against the law. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I don’t think he realizes cyber bullying is against the law. 

cormac

Going by what I've read. There's a lot he doesn't realize. But this is just off topic banter, we'll, considering the OP of the thread jumped ship. I might as well watch it sink.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Going by what I've read. There's a lot he doesn't realize. But this is just off topic banter, we'll, considering the OP of the thread jumped ship. I might as well watch it sink.

You’re right, it was pretty much DOA as God has definitely NOT been proved. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

Dear everyone here, say something on my submissions, instead of lamentation on your fate all the time, that is not any input to the advancement of dialogue at all.

I will give you a hint, talk about what is existence, it is a sine qua non category, that means you can't be nor do anything without first getting into existence: emphasize that God is not existence but nothingness is existence - there, that's the way to contribute inputs to the thread.  

======================

Well, so far no rational productive re-actions to my two submissions:

People are still at a loss.