Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof of God (Gnosticism = Knowledge is Power)

InvestigativeThinker

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Who didn’t believe in “one true God”. Doesn’t help his argument any. 

cormac

Monism or Polytheism is irrelevant, its just religions framing what is above in their own ways. But maybe thats why European Monism led to us taking the New World? The others being guilty of worshipping idols.

Edited by Cookie Monster

11 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Karma is that the universe mirrors back what you do to keep it going.

I'd rather have strength in kindness and compassion. That is a greater power than brute force. I'm not the nicest guy, but I do what I feel is right. So I get what I give. I know people who are good to me, because I am good to them. I honor my word and detest sacrificing others for my wishes. 

Guess I'm just a wretched sinner for that. Are I'm a better person than you are?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Everything we do sets a ripple loose. 

Well then keep a good lookout for the tsunami coming for you kid. :lol:

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Who didn’t believe in “one true God”. Doesn’t help his argument any. 

cormac

I've got very limited knowledge in that area. Thanks for the insight.:tu:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I'd rather have strength in kindness and compassion. That is a greater power than brute force. I'm not the nicest guy, but I do what I feel is right. So I get what I give. I know people who are good to me, because I am good to them. I honor my word and detest sacrificing others for my wishes. 

Guess I'm just a wretched sinner for that. Are I'm a better person than you are?

You are following societies version of morality not necessarily Gods.

I dont think anybody is doing sacrifices these days, or if they do its supposed to be chickens or something.

Edited by Cookie Monster

Just now, Will Due said:

Well then keep a good lookout for the tsunami coming for you kid. :lol:

I already had that Will. For 8 years straight. I climbed out of that abyss. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

Monism or Polytheism is irrelevant, its just religions framing what is above in their own ways. But maybe thats why European Monism led to us taking the New World?

Nope, being more technologically advanced as well as greedy b******* is why the New World was taken. You’re just making excuses for it. 

cormac

• Like 4

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

God is an idea. You have no clue what God wants. You have what you believe god wants and use that as an excuse to be an oven roasted turd to people. Nuts and all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Nope, being more technologically advanced as well as greedy b******* is why the New World was taken. You’re just making excuses for it. 

cormac

Funny how the most powerful nation on Earth is the one that gives its people the most freedom to enjoy pleasure.

• Haha 1

You don’t know God’s/a gods will any more than the 7+ billion other of us on this planet. 

cormac

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Funny how the most powerful nation on Earth is the one that gives its people the most freedom to enjoy pleasure.

And the society that's being birth by self-indulgence is wrecking everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yeah, as long as they’re not NA. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Karma is that the universe mirrors back what you do to keep it going.

You take power over others, the universe hands you people to take power over. You stomp down the weak and needy, and the universe sends you the weak and needy to stomp on.

Both combined together you will be powerful and rich.

Hi Cookie

you really are a wonder. Given your comments in several threads dispersed through several sub-forums you would run away from conflict/war, kiss your alien/clone/A.I. Overlords ass and yet here you are thinking you are entitled to treat the poor and needy as sub-human. You are the needy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

There are three ways to know God exists:

1. By reason

2. By revelation for example, in the Bible

3. By meditation

Most folks who deny God exists have the God of the Bible in mind, so also with Christians. God in the Bible is a vengeful God if nothing else.

Use reason and meditation, and you will come to God as the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything trasient.

1 hour ago, oslove said:

There are three ways to know God exists:

1. By reason

2. By revelation for example, in the Bible

3. By meditation

Most folks who deny God exists have the God of the Bible in mind, so also with Christians. God in the Bible is a vengeful God if nothing else.

Use reason and meditation, and you will come to God as the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything trasient.

No, we won't; that's just what you believe. Just the same BS from you, over and over again. A lot of these people weren't brought up to believe in anything. Others were indoctrinated in ritual but not belief and became apostates. Your little Sunday School checklist is meaningless to them. They find the carrot and stick, heaven or hell approach deeply offensive and see you as just another fanatical whack-job. They think your full of s%#t.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 6

If people are so certain God doesn`t exist then:

Spend a couple of hours today enjoying things (lets pick music on YouTube). But while you are enjoying them do so intentionally to show love back to God.

Not hard.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

If people are so certain God doesn`t exist then:

Spend a couple of hours today enjoying things (lets pick music on YouTube). But while you are enjoying them do so intentionally to show love back to God.

Not hard.

This is called conditioning.

https://www.psychologistworld.com/memory/conditioning-intro

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Because karma is a b****. Everything we do sets a ripple loose. And there will be that one person you'll slight that might make you kiss pavement. Maybe not directly, but it all comes around. Memetically speaking reputation follows you around. 

Karma is memetic.

My fortunes were restored because of my reputation of honesty and hard work. One of my childhood mentors called me out of the blue to help me run damage control after her business was wrecked by covid then I met my wife because I was sent by a friend and former employer to help her keep her deceased husband's business afloat. 

The Mexicans at both businesses respect me because I work along side of them and preform the same jobs assigned to them. Not order them around and see things as below me.

I moved into the same neighborhood as the prosecutor who lied his ass off to put me in prison, but by the time he discovered I was here I already had a reputation for helping neighbors so he looks foolish bad mouthing me.

A AME Methodist minister friend told me this was all a blessing from a higher power but then I told him it was my own doing and no higher power was involved.

We argue the point at least once a month.

On another note.. Hedonism and laziness is what's killing this planet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

That's about right.....

12 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Yeah, as long as they’re not NA. 

cormac

:nw:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

Karma is memetic.

My fortunes were restored because of my reputation of honesty and hard work. One of my childhood mentors called me out of the blue to help me run damage control after her business was wrecked by covid then I met my wife because I was sent by a friend and former employer to help her keep her deceased husband's business afloat. 

The Mexicans at both businesses respect me because I work along side of them and preform the same jobs assigned to them. Not order them around and see things as below me.

I moved into the same neighborhood as the prosecutor who lied his ass off to put me in prison, but by the time he discovered I was here I already had a reputation for helping neighbors so he looks foolish bad mouthing me.

A AME Methodist minister friend told me this was all a blessing from a higher power but then I told him it was my own doing and no higher power was involved.

We argue the point at least once a month.

On another note.. Hedonism and laziness is what's killing this planet. 

Kinda makes me respect the Wicca law of three. Even reap what you sow. I'm still consider by some around here to be suicidally depressed. That's my karma burning itself out. 

During that phase I realized that what I say and do might either make or ruin someone's day. So I tried to do better. That might have helped me reach out of the abyss. As for my personal life reputation, no idea. I know the ladies at McD's gave me hell for not showing up to get a coffee on sundays during 2020. :lol:

I've pretty much gotten into a mindset of not doing anything that'll inconvince me. This doesn't mean being lazy, I just don't feel like dealing with B.S. in my real world life. 

Hedonism, Narcissim, and Apathy are a psychic cancer infesting society. 

Edit: Quite rude of me. Congratulation on the upswing in life Piney. :tu:

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Kinda makes me respect the Wicca law of three. Even reap what you sow. I'm still consider by some around here to be suicidally depressed. That's my karma burning itself out. 

During that phase I realized that what I say and do might either make or ruin someone's day. So I tried to do better. That might have helped me reach out of the abyss. As for my personal life reputation, no idea. I know the ladies at McD's gave me hell for not showing up to get a coffee on sundays during 2020. :lol:

I've pretty much gotten into a mindset of not doing anything that'll inconvince me. This doesn't mean being lazy, I just don't feel like dealing with B.S. in my real world life. 

Hedonism, Narcissim, and Apathy are a psychic cancer infesting society. 

Edit: Quite rude of me. Congratulation on the upswing in life Piney. :tu:

Never wasting time is not being lazy. I don't either.

Watch what happens to this Christo-facist minority who keeps abusing their temporary power because they think they are protected by their imaginary characters.

The memetic karma train is going to run them over like a track loader.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Never wasting time is not being lazy. I don't either.

Watch what happens to this Christo-facist minority who keeps abusing their temporary power because they think they are protected by their imaginary characters.

The memetic karma train is going to run them over like a track loader.

Tunnel vision never works out as people expect. The Godly Hedonist, Divinely Arrogant, The Knower of Nothing. Those types, never work out. 

In regards to life. I've starting think of it as "magical", as it is really a mystery in many regards. With each action being a "ritual" and every word a "spell". Life itself has become a magical act. Because the more I think about it, everything we do on the macro and micro scale creates a cause and effect. I don't think many put too much thought behind what they do. Perhaps I overthink what I do. But I want something good out of life. Nothing grand, just good. That's the spell I'm trying to work. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Tunnel vision never works out as people expect. The Godly Hedonist, Divinely Arrogant, The Knower of Nothing. Those types, never work out. 

In regards to life. I've starting think of it as "magical", as it is really a mystery in many regards. With each action being a "ritual" and every word a "spell". Life itself has become a magical act. Because the more I think about it, everything we do on the macro and micro scale creates a cause and effect. I don't think many put too much thought behind what they do. Perhaps I overthink what I do. But I want something good out of life. Nothing grand, just good. That's the spell I'm trying to work. 

Overthinking is better than not thinking at all. Planning far ahead is always the best course. Nobody does that anymore and they are destined to fail.

I'm working the same spell, the same way. No longer a shaman but a true Chaote. Making my own destiny with my own power of intention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, Piney said:

Overthinking is better than not thinking at all. Planning far ahead is always the best course. Nobody does that anymore and they are destined to fail.

I'm working the same spell, the same way. No longer a shaman but a true Chaote. Making my own destiny with my own power of intention.

I hear you brother.:tu:

• Thanks 1

An honest prayer begins with "God grant me the strength" because the plumbing isn't going to re-route itself to still provide water while waiting for a new water heater....

• Like 2