Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof of God (Gnosticism = Knowledge is Power)

InvestigativeThinker

13 minutes ago, Will Due said:

At the time there wasn't any "proof" as you put it nor evidence other than the writing on the wall about what was going to occur in society because of computers, but those who are very wealthy now went ahead and invested everything they owned anyways.

There is no difference between acting subjectively, in lieu of acting objectively, in one case and the other.

An opinion can work out in someone’s favor, but that doesn’t make it a fact. It can just as well work AGAINST a person too. You don’t have a valid argument there. 

cormac

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HSlim said:

You're evidence of an inflated sense of self importance.  Little else

That is a gratuitous statement, so no sense with me reacting to it.

Anyway, hi HSlim, let us go into the controversy between atheists and theist: I am theist, and you are atheist(?).

So that we will be controverting over the same thing, let us each one share with the other his concept of God.

Here is my concept of God, "God is the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient."

Your turn, what is your concept of God?

43 minutes ago, oslove said:

That is a gratuitous statement, so no sense with me reacting to it.

Anyway, hi HSlim, let us go into the controversy between atheists and theist: I am theist, and you are atheist(?).

So that we will be controverting over the same thing, let us each one share with the other his concept of God.

Here is my concept of God, "God is the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient."

Your turn, what is your concept of God?

I'm not jumping into your concept of debate, especially not something as subjective as religion. You believe what you believe and that's fine but you've repeated yourself dozens of times here, you've already shown yourself to be absurdly pretentious and ya know, I'm just not here for it.   I've given you my thoughts and I'll be damned if I'm going to sit here and waste any more time and energy having a back and forth with a wall.  

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HSlim said:

[ . . .. ]

I'll be damned if I'm going to sit here and waste any more time and energy having a back and forth with a wall.  

What is your purpose in spirituality, religion and beliefs forum?

5 hours ago, HSlim said:

Weren't you JUST told not to preach?

Why do you accuse me of preaching, what is your evidence?

5 hours ago, HSlim said:

Hi atheist here.  I'm not at all ashamed of what Hammerclaw says.  You, on the other hand, are as self righteous and pretentious as they come.  Want my evidence that the Christian god isn't real?   The fact that THOUSANDS of other gods were worshipped before Christianity was even dreamed up.  If he were real, don't you think the earliest humans would have been aware? And if he is, doesn't the fact that he gives the meekest and weakest of his flock diseases like cancer or any other mentally or physically crippling defect while demanding unquestioning love and praise make him a bit of a raging psychopath?  Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome to me.   Do you believe in those other gods as well?  If not, are you aware that you're only a single god less-atheistic than any other atheist?  

Please put in abstract your text above, so that you will focus exactly on your essential point. Too much verbiate dissipates your thinking and writing, ending up with vagueness.

3 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

An opinion can work out in someone’s favor, but that doesn’t make it a fact. It can just as well work AGAINST a person too. You don’t have a valid argument there. 

cormac

Is that so? You are also into an opinion.

5 hours ago, oslove said:

What is proving something?

Revealing something to be demonstrably true, using facts and other information.

5 hours ago, oslove said:

And what is explaining something?

See above.

• Like 2

Reminds me of someone else who thinks speaking in three-to-five-word riddles is very profound.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oslove said:

Why do you accuse me of preaching, what is your evidence?

Evidence? Simple... see all your posts this entire thread.  As I said, not wasting any more time or energy talking to a wall.

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Revealing something to be demonstrably true, using facts and other information.

See above.

You mean proving something and explaining something are the same? Suppose you give an example of each so that I can concur or not with you, okay?

1 minute ago, oslove said:

You mean proving something and explaining something are the same?

No, I mean that by defining what it means to prove something is explaining something. I'm not surprised that you did not understand that.

Suppose you give an example of each so that I can concur or not with you, okay?

I really couldn't care less if you concur with me, or not.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

No, I mean that by defining what it means to prove something is explaining something. I'm not surprised that you did not understand that.

I really couldn't care less if you concur with me, or not.

You don't care whether we concur or not, still I request you to give example of each, is that all right with you?

On 7/26/2022 at 2:12 AM, oslove said:

What about you Zep ask your fellow God-deniers that you will represent them, so that they will save time and labor to discuss with me - and I also save time and labor.

I observe that you are most enthusiastic to disprove God exists, and I have no doubt that you are qualified on the basis of your reasoning prowess.

No thanks. Magical invisible beings are not worthy of a discussion.
You might as well ask to discuss unicorns. (Although unicorns would be more realistic.)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, oslove said:

You don't care whether we concur or not, still I request you to give example of each, is that all right with you?

No.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

These discussions bear as much as a dead apple tree.

Yeah, my brain is flatlining just seeing how repetitive and utterly useless oslove's questions are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Yeah, my brain is flatlining just seeing how repetitive and utterly useless oslove's questions are.

It isn't the questions as it is denying the opinions (beliefs) of others. The whole control freak thing is just annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just for myself I know that no one can prove their God to me. It is a belief, which is fine. I mean so long as they're not a jerk about it. However this whole god-denier this or that malarkey is old. Then telling other members how they have unproductive thinking or speak nonsense is basically calling them stupid. 

Edited by XenoFish
Can not spell today
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I'm with ya.....it's been a long wait.

Still waiting for logical argument.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Phantom309 said:

I'm with ya.....it's been a long wait.

Still waiting for logical argument.jpg

Better eat something Phantom, you’re getting a bit thin. :w00t:

cormac

• Like 3

I am still expecting Cormac deist to prove to me that God does not operate the world, though He created the world - but he is always avoiding the question.

(1) Proving something is to show that something is a fact or a truth,

(2) while explaining something is to show how and why something is a fact or a truth.

Example of (1) proving something to be a fact or a truth, I bring you to witness with me a woman giving birth to her baby, thus we together prove that fact that the woman gave birth to her baby.

Next, you and I witness so many facts of women giving birth to their babies, and we conclude to the truth that woman is the mother of mankind.

On (2) explaining how and why something is a fact or a truth:

(a) On how does a woman come to produce her baby, answer: by having copulation with her husband.

(b) On why the woman wants to have a baby, answer: because she and her husband love babies.

• Confused 1

What is the difference between a fact and a truth?

A fact is an event or occurrence which we see, like for example a woman giving birth to her baby.

A truth is the very abstract conclusion we arrive at on seeing the facts of woman after woman giving birth to their baby, and we remove all the circumstances of who, what, where, when, why and how surrounding the facts i.e. events or occurrences of women giving birth, we reach the truth, in the present context, that woman is the mother of mankind.

--------------------

(1) Proving something is to show that something is a fact or a truth,

(2) while explaining something is to show how and why something is a fact or a truth.

Example of (1) proving something to be a fact or a truth, I bring you to witness with me a woman giving birth to her baby, thus we together prove that fact that the woman gave birth to her baby.

Next, you and I witness so many facts of women giving birth to their babies, and we conclude to the truth that woman is the mother of mankind.

On (2) explaining how and why something is a fact or a truth:

(a) On how does a woman come to produce her baby, answer: by having copulation with her husband.

(b) On why the woman wants to have a baby, answer: because she and her husband love babies.