Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof of God (Gnosticism = Knowledge is Power)

InvestigativeThinker

The god's are as real as you believe them to be. The keyword is believe. Outside of belief, they are just characters in stories. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The god's are as real as you believe them to be. The keyword is believe. Outside of belief, they are just characters in stories. 

The God that's real has nothing to do with anyone's belief nor what anyone has as an idea about.

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

The God that's real has nothing to do with anyone's belief nor what anyone has as an idea about.

Hi Will

Odd comment obviously as all you have expressed is an idea of god

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

Odd comment obviously as all you have expressed is an idea of god

The belief in the idea of god.:lol::tu:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

The belief in the idea of god.:lol::tu:

"Are you experienced?"

17 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Catch on to what, that you’ve effectively admitted to lying about God when quoting the UB as if it was a valid source? One you yourself just invalidated? You are your own worst enemy. If there’s a god you’ve shown that YOU know nothing about said deity. Congratulations! 

cormac

In Judeo-Christian mysticism you can get God to talk to you, and he sure does.

Whatever do I mean? Well the universe contains many polar opposites - positive and negative, male and female, matter and anti-matter. If we go with Bridal Mysticism then the polar opposite used to frame what its about is the husband and wife.

Traditional Husband: He provides for his wife to show her love.

Traditional Wife: She receives what her husband provides to show him love back.

In Bridal Mysticism God is the husband and a human being is his wife. God provides you with a world full of pleasure because he loves you, and you are supposed to receive that pleasure to intentionally show him love back. Two things get in the way:

Denial of Pleasure: We are told and buy into hedonism being wrong. Why? God didn`t tell us that in the Bible, society deemed it to be immoral instead.

Receiving Pleasure only for Ourselves: Our ego stops us receiving pleasure to show love back to God. We receive pleasure just for ourselves instead.

So we are supposed to indulge in as much pleasure as humanly possible to us, and do so to intentionally to show love back to God. Once we start doing this you will begin having weird experiences. As regards God talking to people:

God is Subtle: This means you don`t hear a loud booming voice. But God will speak to you through the words other people come out with. They are unconscious of it, but when you are getting a stream of subtle messages it will be obvious to you.

Just one final note and that is society does not determine what is good or evil. For an accurate list read the Bible. Evil pleasures which are immoral to society but not to good are to be indulged. Obviously, you cannot do it all, if you stone to death your cheating wife for example you will get locked up. But there are pleasures you can indulge in without breaking laws.

You aim should be to indulgence in as much of the available pleasures intentionally to show love back to God, without doing anything illegal.

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Put another way “nobody can know anything about the God that’s real”. That “nobody” includes you BTW. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Then all holy books, divine experiences, etc are false. Even your precious UB. You might as well say that either god exist and it doesn't interact with this universe or that god just doesn't exist at all. Seems quite petty for a god to be concerned about an evolved primate. My thoughts about it is that if a god exist, it's probably on the level of a cosmic terror. Something out of a lovecraftian fever dream. By since that is just an idea it is invalid like all the others. 

It's okay Will, you can say that you don't really know. You're not alone. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

A subconscious thought-form. Not a god. A mental construct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Whatever do I mean? Well the universe contains many polar opposites - positive and negative, male and female, matter and anti-matter. If we go with Bridal Mysticism then the polar opposite used to frame what its about is the husband and wife.

Traditional Husband: He provides for his wife to show her love.

Traditional Wife: She receives what her husband provides to show him love back.

In Bridal Mysticism God is the husband and a human being is his wife. God provides you with a world full of pleasure because he loves you, and you are supposed to receive that pleasure to intentionally show him love back. Two things get in the way:

Denial of Pleasure: We are told and buy into hedonism being wrong. Why? God didn`t tell us that in the Bible, society deemed it to be immoral instead.

Receiving Pleasure only for Ourselves: Our ego stops us receiving pleasure to show love back to God. We receive pleasure just for ourselves instead.

So we are supposed to indulge in as much pleasure as humanly possible to us, and do so to intentionally to show love back to God. Once we start doing this you will begin having weird experiences. As regards God talking to people:

God is Subtle: This means you don`t hear a loud booming voice. But God will speak to you through the words other people come out with. They are unconscious of it, but when you are getting a stream of subtle messages it will be obvious to you.

Just one final note and that is society does not determine what is good or evil. For an accurate list read the Bible. Evil pleasures which are immoral to society but not to good are to be indulged. Obviously, you cannot do it all, if you stone to death your cheating wife for example you will get locked up. But there are pleasures you can indulge in without breaking laws.

You aim should be to indulgence in as much of the available pleasures intentionally to show love back to God, without doing anything illegal.

Go peddle your Mumbo-jumbo elsewhere, I’m not interested. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

To sacrifice others for the sake of your own pleasure is pretty ****ty. Only sociopathic narcissist with limited self-control are pathetic hedonist. 

• Like 4

First mankind starts with the concept of existence or reality, then look at himself, and conclude that God exists, the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.

How to test that definition of God?

Simple:

God's existence explains everything.

God's non-existence explains nothing.

So, God exists.

Folks who deny God exists - they start with nothingness and end up with nothingness.

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

and it doesn't interact with 

Maybe the problem is not interacting; from your side of the equation.

Edited by Will Due

Just now, Will Due said:

Maybe the problem is not interacting from your side of the equation.

I'm not delusional enough for that. Plus I don't have the required mental illness for a proper god visit. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

To sacrifice others for the sake of your own pleasure is pretty ****ty. Only sociopathic narcissist with limited self-control are pathetic hedonist. 

I`m not a high priest sacrificing infidels up some pyramid to show love to the one true God.

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I`m not a high priest sacrificing infidels up some pyramid to show love to the one true God.

Neither were the Egyptians! 

cormac

• Like 3

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Just sacrificing anyone who'll give you that quick neurochemical hit "for god's sake" of course. I've seen threads where you declare that you'll use and abuse people just for the sake of it. Kinda twisted if you ask me. All for the pleasure of power over others. And people seem to think I'm a bad guy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not delusional enough for that. Plus I don't have the required mental illness for a proper god visit. 

Well, if that's what you're delusional enough to do, I don't think wrapping up your talent in a napkin will end up well for you. 

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

The Aztecs did that one, and ancient European tribes used too as well.

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

That was the aztecs I believe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Just sacrificing anyone who'll give you that quick neurochemical hit "for god's sake" of course. I've seen threads where you declare that you'll use and abuse people just for the sake of it. Kinda twisted if you ask me. All for the pleasure of power over others. And people seem to think I'm a bad guy. 

Why is having power over others immoral?

Because society deemed it was? Because it undermines your own self-interest or what you see as your rights? Take power over others, enjoy it, and do so intentionally to give love back to God.

Edited by Cookie Monster

Just now, Will Due said:

Well, if that's what you're delusional enough to do, I don't think wrapping up your talent in a napkin will end up well for you. 

If I give you a dollar, would you buy some reading comprehension?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Why is having power over others immoral?

Because society deemed it was?

Because karma is a b****. Everything we do sets a ripple loose. And there will be that one person you'll slight that might make you kiss pavement. Maybe not directly, but it all comes around. Memetically speaking reputation follows you around. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That was the aztecs I believe. 

Who didn’t believe in “one true God”. Doesn’t help his argument any. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2