Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof of God (Gnosticism = Knowledge is Power)

InvestigativeThinker

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

What's next? Comes the pretense parade of feigning a lack of understanding and concern for a person's well being. All in an attempt to belittle a person's faith and to keep anyone else who may be entertaining the idea of initiating it from doing so.

Out in the open as if people don't have eyes to see with.

Will, I think it is time we get back on topic. All the best.

• Haha 1

Then they reappear repeating the same worn out babble. Trying to remain viable while failing to recognize that the locomotive has pulled the train of the conversation out beyond the range of their ability to comprehend.

A very typical place for them to end up.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Then they reappear repeating the same worn out babble. Trying to remain viable while failing to recognize that the locomotive has pulled the train of the conversation out beyond the range of their ability to comprehend.

A very typical place for them to end up.

?? 

• Thanks 2

And then comes their lack of comprehension with the claim that the conversation has fallen off topic.

All out in the open.

Edited by Will Due
  • Haha 1

It all follows a very predictable fear mongering pattern.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It all follows a very predictable fear mongering pattern.

Most religion does. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And there he is again folks. The spokesman for the Big bad Boogeyman in the sky messed up my life cult trying to get everyone not to look at what's behind the see-through curtain hanging between his ears.

Edited by Will Due
  • Haha 1

Sounds like someone is having a crisis of faith, lashing out in terror as they watch theirs flicker out when exposed to the winds of the world. Such a one could not even lead the righteous to salvation, much less the sinners from whom they cower in fear that their god-toys will be taken away from them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

This might be of interest to some:

The differences and similarities (according to Bart Ehrman) between the messages of Jesus and Paul can be found here: Link

• Thanks 1

This is how and why I know that God exists:

1. How: In ultimate summation, I see the sun rises in the morning, and the moon at night, and my body is working properly, so there is an intelligent powerful entity in charge of everything, and that is God.

2. Why: The existence of God solves my worry otherwise wondering whether the sun will appear today or not, and the moon tonight or not, now I can go confidently ahead: with my work to make a good living for myself and my wife and our children.

• Like 1

Having faith and believing isn't about feeling special, chosen, a cut above, it's about feeling humble, about feeling keenly aware of your fallible human nature, acutely aware of your own mortality. It's about recognizing your flaws as a person, about recognizing your virtues and recognizing the difference between right and wrong. It's about self-renovation, taking what you have to work with and building a better human being, one that likes themselves and is liked by others. It's about being a friend and helping others up, not tearing them down. It about forgiveness of others and most important of all, forgiveness of oneself. You're only human, give that gal or fellah a break! Can you do all this without God? Of course. you can, but you don't have to.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Djedi said:

This might be of interest to some:

The differences and similarities (according to Bart Ehrman) between the messages of Jesus and Paul can be found here: Link

There are three ways of knowing God exists:

1. From man's intelligence, rational faculty and reasoning process

2. From the Bible, for Christians and Orthodox Jews, and for Muslims, the Koran

3. From meditation.

I know God exists from No. 1.

What about atheist colleagues in UM?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, oslove said:

What about atheist

God is ancient explanation. Science is knowledge and logic. God loses. Bye God, it was horrible to know you. Thank "yourself" you are gone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zep73 said:

God is ancient explanation. Science is knowledge and logic. God loses. Bye God, it was horrible to know you. Thank "yourself" you are gone.

God is the explanation for you and me and everything existing: because He is the cause of everything.

When we first come to consciousness and intelligence and rational faculty and reasoning process, we began noticing things like the sun and the moon and ourselves, we have a body that that works to keep us alive.

We know we did not make all these things.

So some entity or entities outside ourselves must have made them.

That was the epoch when man arrived at many gods.

Today - and as early as thousands of years ago when man started to put records on whatever materials they could write on, we read that they had arrived at the existence of one God Who is the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.

And that is the same God today's Christians and Orthodox Jews and Muslims know to exist.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, oslove said:

When we first come to consciousness and intelligence and rational faculty and reasoning process, we began noticing things like the sun and the moon and ourselves, we have a body that that works to keep us alive.

We know we did not make all these things.

But we know how they work. Through chemistry, covalent bonds ,electromagnetism and gravity. We know it in detail. No god needed.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oslove said:

There are three ways of knowing God exists:

1. From man's intelligence, rational faculty and reasoning process

2. From the Bible, for Christians and Orthodox Jews, and for Muslims, the Koran

3. From meditation.

I know God exists from No. 1.

What about atheist colleagues in UM?

Like I said before: Why do you think you can prove the existence of God through reason when all philosophers past and present have failed to do so? Are you better than them? No offense but that's a bit naïve imho. All you do is adding another opinion to the (massive) pile.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, zep73 said:

But we know how they work. Through chemistry, covalent bonds ,electromagnetism and gravity. We know it in detail. No god needed.

And how did chemistry, covalent bonds, electromagnetism and gravity come into existence, did they create themselves from nothingness?

Tell me, Zep73, is there always existence, and existence is not ever going to become non-existence?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, oslove said:

And how did chemistry, covalent bonds, electromagnetism and gravity come into existence, did they create themselves from nothingness?

Tell me, Zep73, is there always existence, and existence is not ever going to become non-existence?

Oslove, you have contradicted yourself here. Kinda blows your argument to smithereens. 

An add to:  existence not ever going to be non existence doesn’t follow logically.  :P Humans die.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

Never knew there was a point where someone's brain was so dense, that it is perpetually on the verge of collapsing into a black hole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Never knew there was a point where someone's brain was so dense, that it is perpetually on the verge of collapsing into a black hole. 

Indeed, Metacognition is a lot more involved than surface level thinking (heuristics). 

Edited by Sherapy

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

surface level thinking. 

That's all there is. I can't complain, it's nothing new to me. Just the same story on repeat from people. Repeat, repeat, repeat, on and on that broken record goes. Same things over and over again. 

God is real ( insert stupid reason here). Never changes. 

• Like 2

It always comes down to something like ; My ultra mega super duper rational logical grand thought process proves God exist because, reasons. Or I know because I know and you don't because you're too blind to know. Then my favorite ; ThE BibLe sAys So!!!!

Kinda funny when I think about it. That whole faith thing. Believe in something, knowing you can't prove it, but you just trust it is there. Praying out of this faith, an expression of hope/fulness. All a matter of trust. Yet so many claim they know for a fact, none of them ever do and it never freaking changes. 

edit: Yeah, I'm in a mood. Been one of those days.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, oslove said:

Okay, everyone, there is existence, where does it come from?

It comes from existence. Which is the evidence.