Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof of God (Gnosticism = Knowledge is Power)


InvestigativeThinker
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Agreed, although I usually hear it just as a 'maybe'.  He apparently has a thought experiment in mind where you 'uncover differences before and after' but I don't see how that could possibly work in this scenario, unless we're assuming God did a poor job of 'creating history'. 

How does one create a history BEFORE history? 
 

cormac

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

How does one create a history BEFORE history? 

That's the problem with the God possibility, he can do anything even things we can't understand and if he's mucking with reality pulls the rug out from us understanding anything.  I assumed the theory is a variation of the old young-earth creationism excuse, "maybe the world is 6000 years old and the devil planted dinosaur fossils to fool us".

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That's the problem with the God possibility, he can do anything even things we can't understand and if he's mucking with reality pulls the rug out from us understanding anything.  I assumed the theory is a variation of the old young-earth creationism excuse, "maybe the world is 6000 years old and the devil planted dinosaur fossils to fool us".

Ok, so apparently he’s at the “baffle us with BS” phase. :yes:
 

cormac

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Ok, so apparently he’s at the “baffle us with BS” phase. :yes:
 

cormac

It's a phase?:blink:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

oslove

Posted 1 hour ago

   #206 

Okay, Cormac, tell me, there is existence, yes or no.

===============

 

Cormac is at  a loss to answer, so I will answer my own question:

"Yes, there is existence, and that explains the existence of God, and the existence of God explains everything that is not God Himself, like Cormac and me and the universe." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, oslove said:

oslove

Posted 1 hour ago

   #206 

Okay, Cormac, tell me, there is existence, yes or no.

===============

 

Cormac is at  a loss to answer, so I will answer my own question:

"Yes, there is existence, and that explains the existence of God, and the existence of God explains everything that is not God Himself, like Cormac and me and the universe." 

 

That is why Cormac is at a loss to comment on my position, namely:

"Yes, there is existence, and that explains the existence of God, and the existence of God explains everything that is not God Himself, like Cormac and me and the universe." 

Because he does not want to give me the credit that he cannot anymore say that I don't know nothing.

 

Paging Xeno, now I am addressing this inquiry to you, "There is existence, yes or no."

Let me see whether you wll also like Cormac experience that you are at a loss to comment on the inquiry, "There is existence, yes or no."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Ok, so apparently he’s at the “baffle us with BS” phase. :yes:
 

cormac

I think the only one who is baffled with bs is him. :(

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I think the only one who is baffled with bs is him. :(

I agree. 
 

cormac

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, oslove said:

 

That is why Cormac is at a loss to comment on my position, namely:

"Yes, there is existence, and that explains the existence of God, and the existence of God explains everything that is not God Himself, like Cormac and me and the universe." 

Because he does not want to give me the credit that he cannot anymore say that I don't know nothing.

 

Paging Xeno, now I am addressing this inquiry to you, "There is existence, yes or no."

Let me see whether you wll also like Cormac experience that you are at a loss to comment on the inquiry, "There is existence, yes or no."

I’m not at a loss for anything, I AM however NOT interested in listening to nor after this responding to anymore of your bullscheisse. I also DO NOT accept your apology for having said something which at an earlier time at UM would have likely gotten you banned. I don’t like it but I don’t make the rules. C’est la vie! 
 

Go harass somebody else. 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I think the only one who is baffled with bs is him. :(

I despise historical revisionism. I think it’s an insult to the ingenuity and intelligence of mankind as a whole. I also find it rather hypocritical for some to complain as they do about science, pretending they know more than scientists while simultaneously using means to communicate that were developed BY SCIENCE. 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I’m not at a loss for anything, I AM however NOT interested in listening to nor after this responding to anymore of your bullscheisse. I also DO NOT accept your apology for having said something which at an earlier time at UM would have likely gotten you banned. I don’t like it but I don’t make the rules. C’est la vie! 
 

Go harass somebody else. 
 

cormac

Exactly, my two cents is you are being harassed by this poster. Enough, he really needs to move on.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(1) The existence of God explains everything.

(2) The non-existence of God explains nothing.

(3) Therefore: God exists.

 

Please don't accuse me of preaching, because if I were into preaching, I would be promising you heaven and threatening with hell, but I don't do that, I am just into ventilating my thoughts.

Please also ventilate your thoughts, but they must be rational and productive, not into emotional i.e. irrational outbursts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cormac

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, so far no rational productive re-actions to my two submissions:

People are still at a loss.

 

(1) The existence of God explains everything.

(2) The non-existence of God explains nothing.

(3) Therefore: God exists.

 

Please don't accuse me of preaching, because if I were into preaching, I would be promising you heaven and threatening with hell, but I don't do that, I am just into ventilating my thoughts.

Please also ventilate your thoughts, but they must be rational and productive, not into emotional i.e. irrational outbursts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Looks like another attempted thread take over. 

Next to get closed perhaps? 
 

cormac

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Looks like another attempted thread take over. 

Self absorbed preacher.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Self absorbed preacher.

I put him on ignore. Got tired of it. Since he ain't rustling my jimmies he's gone after cormac.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I put him on ignore. Got tired of it. Since he ain't rustling my jimmies he's gone after cormac.

I don’t think he realizes cyber bullying is against the law. 
 

cormac

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I don’t think he realizes cyber bullying is against the law. 
 

cormac

Going by what I've read. There's a lot he doesn't realize. But this is just off topic banter, we'll, considering the OP of the thread jumped ship. I might as well watch it sink.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Going by what I've read. There's a lot he doesn't realize. But this is just off topic banter, we'll, considering the OP of the thread jumped ship. I might as well watch it sink.

You’re right, it was pretty much DOA as God has definitely NOT been proved. 
 

cormac

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guess I'm just growning disappointed lately. Nothing strikes my curiosity any longer. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dear everyone here, say something on my submissions, instead of lamentation on your fate all the time, that is not any input to the advancement of dialogue at all.

I will give you a hint, talk about what is existence, it is a sine qua non category, that means you can't be nor do anything without first getting into existence: emphasize that God is not existence but nothingness is existence - there, that's the way to contribute inputs to the thread.  

======================

 

Well, so far no rational productive re-actions to my two submissions:

People are still at a loss.

 

(1) The existence of God explains everything.

(2) The non-existence of God explains nothing.

(3) Therefore: God exists.

 

Please don't accuse me of preaching, because if I were into preaching, I would be promising you heaven and threatening with hell, but I don't do that, I am just into ventilating my thoughts.

Please also ventilate your thoughts, but they must be rational and productive, not into emotional i.e. irrational outbursts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.