Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real ancient mysteries (not Atlantis) that we need to discuss!

Hanslune

25 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That’s a cool piece of history, if I remember correctly it was determined to be approximately 2000 years old. It was thought to be designed to electroplate items such as putting a layer of one metal (gold) onto the surface of another (silver), a method still practiced in Iraq today. But, there is a great deal of controversy as to what it was actually used for, some believe that the tube inside was used to protect very important documents.

Because the presence of papy- rus inside the copper tube does strongly suggest that the vessels were used to store written messages on papyrus for the afterworld, which were sealed in the vessels with asphalt plugs. But, who knows, it’s certainly an interesting topic, and one thing is absolutely for certain these items no matter their use were definitely not from extraterrestrials origin like some of the crazies have claimed.:tu:

Peace Zep

Back then recycling was the sh!t! It might have had a different purpose before it was used for storage.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 3

Just now, zep73 said:

Back then recycling was the ****! It might have had a different purpose before it was used for storage.

That’s certainly correct, yet 12 were originally discovered at the location in question. But apparently the Egyptians also had a power source.

Baghdad Battery in the National Museum of Iraq,https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/bagdad-battery 

Archeologists Uncover Ancient Egyptian Solar Power:  https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/ancient-egypt-solar-power/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That’s certainly correct, yet 12 were originally discovered at the location in question. But apparently the Egyptians also had a power source.

Baghdad Battery in the National Museum of Iraq,https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/bagdad-battery 

Archeologists Uncover Ancient Egyptian Solar Power:  https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/ancient-egypt-solar-power/

Did you notice that your second link is dated on April Fool’s Day? 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Did you notice that your second link is dated on April Fool’s Day? 

cormac

Oh crap, I screwed that one up, but the site looks ok!:lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Oh crap, I screwed that one up, but the site looks ok!:lol:

Its colored links appear to not go to anything useful. 

cormac

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Its colored links appear to not go to anything useful. 

cormac

That’s true, I have not even read that article yet, do you think it’s nonsense?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

That’s true, I have not even read that article yet, do you think it’s nonsense?

Complete and total IMO. 

cormac

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Complete and total IMO. 

cormac

Well I will take your word for it, thank you for looking out my friend!

Well I screwed that one up!:yes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well I will take your word for it, thank you for looking out my friend!

Well I screwed that one up!:yes:

It happens. A lot of times stuff posted on April Fool’s Day are done just to mess with people and see how gullible they are. We’ve all fallen for it at some point. :tu:

cormac

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

It happens. A lot of times stuff posted on April Fool’s Day are done just to mess with people and see how gullible they are. We’ve all fallen for it at some point. :tu:

cormac

Thanks for understanding, and for setting me straight.

Here is another article on the Subject Ancient Solar: How Ancient Civilizations Harnessed the Sun’s Energy: https://cleanchoiceenergy.com/news/Ancient_Solar

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Here are some different Academic articles / journals on the subject , I am not certain but I think this has been debunked nit sure though.

The Giza Pyramids: A History of Wireless
Electricity Transmission
Validated by Today’s Science
Tamer Youssef, Advisor: Prof. Khaled Elleithy Department of Computer Science & Engineering University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT

https://scholarworks.bridgeport.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/565/The Giza Pyramids - A History of Wireless Electricity Transmission Validated by Today’s Science (FRD - Poster).pdf?sequence=3

GODS AND GHOST-LIGHT: ANCIENT EGYPT, ELECTRICITY, AND X-RAYS: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/victorian-literature-and-culture/article/gods-and-ghostlight-ancient-egypt-electricity-and-xrays/36D2D78AE05EDD52B159C3F1B8125057

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Here are some different Academic articles / journals on the subject , I am not certain but I think this has been debunked nit sure though.

The Giza Pyramids: A History of Wireless
Electricity Transmission
Validated by Today’s Science
Tamer Youssef, Advisor: Prof. Khaled Elleithy Department of Computer Science & Engineering University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT

https://scholarworks.bridgeport.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/565/The Giza Pyramids - A History of Wireless Electricity Transmission Validated by Today’s Science (FRD - Poster).pdf?sequence=3

GODS AND GHOST-LIGHT: ANCIENT EGYPT, ELECTRICITY, AND X-RAYS: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/victorian-literature-and-culture/article/gods-and-ghostlight-ancient-egypt-electricity-and-xrays/36D2D78AE05EDD52B159C3F1B8125057

It’s garbage. 

cormac

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

It’s garbage. 

cormac

Dam I can’t win for losing, but I can quite while I am ahead!

Thanks for your input, I respect and appreciate it. :tu:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

9. Was there a real king Arthur?

I like this one. My question would be who was the greater inspiration for the King Arthur stories, Owain Ddantgwyn or Riothamus? 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, acute said:

@Piney

Care to weigh in with your Atlantis expertise?

**** off! :angry:

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

9. Was there a real king Arthur?

Several

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Hanslune said:

3. Did Harte start the New Madrid earthquakes that led to a continent wide disaster while trying to dig a hole for his swimming pool?

The effect of that was my people's cultural revival, being flooded by false prophets and a nasty prophetess named Beata burning everyone she didn't get along with as a sorcerer. Then creating the Bighouse Ceremony.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nobu said:

Eye of the Sahara. People say it’s from an underground volcano but the rock isn’t fused correctly. It doesn’t have evidence of a meteor strike like any in history. I believe that is just a lazy excuse for the unknown. It doesn’t lay on a tectonic line. And there are no other volcanic activity near it historically. Man made imo.

Atlantis? No. Meteor. No. Mystery. Yes.

jeer me. Don’t care.

C9ED21AA-7E26-4638-8DC2-74E2DBBE95A2.jpeg.7572ebd3cc23900c9d8ace6014adf71e.jpeg

Like Siberia, the continent was over the largest hotspot ever on the planet before drifting to it's current position. 

New Jersey was over the same hotspot and under hundreds of feet of flood deposits there are extinct domes including an exposed one off the coast.

Google "CAMP"

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Piney said:

Several

I thought it was several knights of the Round Table, but only one King Arthur!  :P

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jethrofloyd said:

I thought it was several knights of the Round Table, but only one King Arthur!  :P

The Sarmatian Laeti Theory, which was concocted by a Hungarian historian and made into a Clive Owen movie was pretty interesting but I don't consider it feasible. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

11. Who was the man in the Iron Mask in Versailles? Was his real name Eustache Dauger?

I think it was Leonardo Di Caprio.......or however you pronounce that enviroflake's name. :huh:

• Haha 4

Just now, Piney said:

I think it was Leonardo Di Caprio.......or however you pronounce that enviroflake's name. :huh:

Yea I agree with you, he should have gone down with Titanic and then picked up all the litter from the ship wreck on the ocean floor!:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Hanslune

Were the people of Gobekli Tepe actually agroforesters? Not tethered nomads? 

• Like 4