Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amazon Alexa will be able to mimic the voice of a dead relative

UM-Bot

Having it act and sound like my Black grandmother would be awesome.

:lol:

'Amazon Alexa will be able to mimic the voice of a dead relative' . . . . but 'she' won't, will she? I'm guessing there will be the tiniest of differences(or maybe many not-so-tiny differences), between Alexa's and the dead relative's voices that will simply jar on the ears of those who knew them. I bet there will still be a hint of the robotic in the dead relative's voice which will be spooky/creepy.

I think what we should watch out for is what Amazon is actually going to use this mimicking ability for . . . . openly or secretly.

• Like 1

I don't want to get tinfoil hat over this, but I don't like the implications of a device, that openly listens to people, mimicing any real voice to any convincing degree. 

Where is the line?, one has to ask. Granted it may not be crossed just yet. But its something to ponder in my opinon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First of all, I don't know why anybody would want these types of devices in their homes. These looked like fun ideas in movies and TV shows about the future, when it just looked like these devices were controlled by you, but there are people who work for these companies that can listen to you. It's an object that listens to (and probably records) everything! Even when it's
  • Like 2

In other related news, your augmented contact lenses can be hacked to insert images that look real like cars on the road, people on the sidewalk and anything else that can be used to make you take swift action and ultamately sending you to your death.

Edited by Nutrition Fact
  • Sad 1

The list is long, I can come up with thousands of ideas concerning these new high technologies.  Anything connected to the internet is toast, dont do it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Splendor Solis said:

First of all, I don't know why anybody would want these types of devices in their homes. These looked like fun ideas in movies and TV shows about the future, when it just looked like these devices were controlled by you, but there are people who work for these companies that can listen to you. It's an object that listens to (and probably records) everything! Even when it's

Its the complete opposite of how they depicted it in the movies and on television.

• Like 1