Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Surrogate girl, 6, loses battle to list her father on UK birth certificate

Still Waters

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

A six-year-old British girl who was born to a surrogate mother using an anonymous donated egg and sperm from her biological father has lost her case in the European court of human rights to have her father named on her birth certificate.

In a complex case where five people were involved in her birth – a same-sex male couple, one of whom is her biological father, a surrogate mother and her husband and the anonymous egg donor – the European court of human rights ruled the case was “manifestly unfounded”.

The court ruled that although the girl’s biological father is not named on her birth certificate she is not wholly deprived of a legal relationship with her biological father.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022/jun/23/surrogate-girl-6-loses-battle-list-father-uk-birth-certificate

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Since the sperm is rendered stateless, men can now apply for refugee aid...

~

• Haha 3

I had no idea a 6 yo could argue a case in court, bright kid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

I had no idea a 6 yo could argue a case in court, bright kid.

Yes, as with a lot of these cases it's really some lawyer trying to make a name for themself.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes, as with a lot of these cases it's really some lawyer trying to make a name for themself.

Sounds right.

As far as the claim of the case or whatever seems to me and i might change my mind the sperm is the father the egg the mother not the fellow who did nothing or his wife who was the host. ( i assume they got a fee for their service )

I wonder as tech moves forward how soon will they have this type thing but no living host involved just a clinic incubator.