Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COVID deaths are now barely mentioned in the media. That changes the very nature of grief

Still Waters

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

About a year ago, many of us were in lockdown. State premiers fronted the media every day to reveal how many people had tested positive for COVID and how many people had died.

The number of deaths were prominent in news bulletins. We would lament the sadness of it all, until the next day’s data arrived.

A year later, Australia has an average of about 50 COVID deaths a day. We have had more than 9,300 COVID deaths since the pandemic began. Yet, these deaths are barely mentioned in the Australian media.

We seem to have lost the collective opportunity to acknowledge lives lost. And when we don’t talk about these traumatic deaths, there’s a long-term impact on those left behind.

https://theconversation.com/covid-deaths-are-now-barely-mentioned-in-the-media-that-changes-the-very-nature-of-grief-184837

• Like 2

What about all the suffering caused by them crazy anti corona measures?

What about all of them grand parents who died because they were not allowed to meet their grand-children?

What about the enormous inflation that is the consequence of them anti corona measures?

Please do not prattle to me about some measly corona deaths, when billions of people suffered and still suffer from the craziness of our anti-corona politicians.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Ell said:

What about all the suffering caused by them crazy anti corona measures?

What about all of them grand parents who died because they were not allowed to meet their grand-children?

What about the enormous inflation that is the consequence of them anti corona measures?

Please do not prattle to me about some measly corona deaths, when billions of people suffered and still suffer from the craziness of our anti-corona politicians.

Intriguing take you have on it, oops i wanted to avoid sublects down here in the seamy underbelly i think i can avoid politics though,

So you are giving me the impression you believe covid safety measures were too extreme and cost more lives than they saved or that the lives covid cost with or without safety measures in effect do not matter as much as it inconvenienced you and effected things.

Your post engaged my mind got me thinking im in the USA and we had about medium rate measures here i know some countries were very much gov controlled seems china still is.

So what did covid and its fall out cost me? I havent been able to finish my home renovations, complete my old car or trike projects due to my budget being cut but that pales in my mind to the family and friends i lost to covid.

No, im suffering way less than those who died but thats just my take.

• Like 2