Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU consensus as leaders back Ukraine as candidate

Silver

Putin, with the help of his friendly idiot the traitor Farage, managed to get Britain out but the EU now looks stronger and more cohesive than ever.

Ukraine is set to be approved as an EU candidate at a Brussels summit on Thursday, after the European Commission gave the green light.

Ukraine applied days after the Russian invasion in February, and the process has since moved at a record speed.

Its ambassador to the EU told the BBC it would be a psychological boost for Ukrainians.

But Vsevolod Chentsov admitted "real integration" could only start when the war was over.

Candidate status is the first official step towards EU membership and France said this week there was "total consensus" on Ukraine.

EU leaders to back Ukraine as candidate at Brussels summit - BBC News

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to EU consensus as leaders back Ukraine as candidate

7 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Its ambassador to the EU told the BBC it would be a psychological boost for Ukrainians.

But Vsevolod Chentsov admitted "real integration" could only start when the war was over.

I don't see that as any great benefit.

8 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Tbf, they can't even host the Eurovision song contest till the war is over. Ukraine is stuck politically and economically until they can get the Russians out of their country.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

To either party.

• Like 1

I really don't think the UK leaving the EU means that the UK is less of an ally to Europe.

I'm pretty certain that the UK would be eager to help if one of the central European nations were attacked.

The UK has also been more aggressive when supporting Ukraine than some EU members, for example.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Putin, with the help of his friendly idiot the traitor Farage, managed to get Britain out but the EU now looks stronger and more cohesive than ever.

Ukraine is set to be approved as an EU candidate at a Brussels summit on Thursday, after the European Commission gave the green light.

Ukraine applied days after the Russian invasion in February, and the process has since moved at a record speed.

Candidate status is the first official step towards EU membership and France said this week there was "total consensus" on Ukraine.

EU leaders to back Ukraine as candidate at Brussels summit - BBC News

Your BBC link has been updated.

EU awards Ukraine and Moldova candidate status

• Like 2

• The title was changed to EU consensus as leaders back Ukraine as candidate
5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I really don't think the UK leaving the EU means that the UK is less of an ally to Europe.

I'm pretty certain that the UK would be eager to help if one of the central European nations were attacked.

The UK has also been more aggressive when supporting Ukraine than some EU members, for example.

It is not less of an ally. The US is an ally to Ukriane and it isn't even in Europe. But it has weakened the EU and the UK (the UK was the second biggest economy in the EU). The UK was part of a huge economic bloc with a single market. Now we are economically and politically at loggerheads. Putin likes weakness in the West.

Edited by The Silver Shroud