Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US vaping company ordered to pull e-cigarettes from shelves


Still Waters
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has blocked e-cigarette maker Juul Labs Inc from selling nicotine products in the US after recognising it "played a disproportionate role in the rise of youth vaping".

The decision has been branded a potentially fatal blow for the San Francisco-based firm.

https://news.sky.com/story/us-vaping-company-ordered-to-pull-electronic-cigarettes-from-shelves-12639212

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Posted (edited)

So basically they are saying **** you smokers, keep smoking analogs. If the kids want to smoke they can light one up the old fashioned way.

I don't use or care about juul but this is a stupid, stupid thing. Do they not have laws in place that keep kids from buying them, like regular smokes?

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, moonman said:

So basically they are saying **** you smokers, keep smoking analogs. If the kids want to smoke they can light one up the old fashioned way.

I don't use or care about juul but this is a stupid, stupid thing. Do they not have laws in place that keep kids from buying them, like regular smokes?

This will get overturned.  They can't single out one manufacturer for such emotion based reasons.  I wonder how much this will cost tax payers by the time Juul kicks that FDA's butt in court?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frankly the whole smoking industry should be straight up outlawed. Just nuke the whole thing, it's illegal to smoke, you can't produce it in the United States, and you can't import the things in. 

I mean sure, you could argue that this would work about has well as prohibition, but that didn't generally lead to large clouds of pungent smoke in the air that anybody can trace easily. With a little luck, inside of a few decades we'll have a tiny percentage of smokers if any left at all. This isn't like alcohol where the stuff is harmless if you drink responsibly and don't over imbibe, there's no safe amount of tobacco smoke in your system and it actively causes just all kinds of nasty cancers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Frankly the whole smoking industry should be straight up outlawed. Just nuke the whole thing, it's illegal to smoke, you can't produce it in the United States, and you can't import the things in. 

I mean sure, you could argue that this would work about has well as prohibition, but that didn't generally lead to large clouds of pungent smoke in the air that anybody can trace easily. With a little luck, inside of a few decades we'll have a tiny percentage of smokers if any left at all. This isn't like alcohol where the stuff is harmless if you drink responsibly and don't over imbibe, there's no safe amount of tobacco smoke in your system and it actively causes just all kinds of nasty cancers. 

Im a lifelong non smoker however i am not sure that vaping nicotine is as bad as sucking an old fashioned coffin nail, i do run into a smoker here or there who will claim its harmless the more realistic ones just say something dumb like we all gonna die anyway.

In the 80s i encountered rude entitled smokers too much but frankly between laws about where a person can smoke and cancer i no longer have such issues.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Im a lifelong non smoker however i am not sure that vaping nicotine is as bad as sucking an old fashioned coffin nail, i do run into a smoker here or there who will claim its harmless the more realistic ones just say something dumb like we all gonna die anyway.

In the 80s i encountered rude entitled smokers too much but frankly between laws about where a person can smoke and cancer i no longer have such issues.

 

Oh vaping is better by far, but it's still a problem, the whole concept should be dustbinned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Oh vaping is better by far, but it's still a problem, the whole concept should be dustbinned.

What i dont like about vaping or most vapers is they are like smokers of the 80s and seem all entitled to puff it in my face,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Juul can keep selling e-cigarettes as court blocks FDA ban

Juul can continue to sell its electronic cigarettes, at least for now, after a federal appeals court on Friday temporarily blocked a government ban.

Juul filed an emergency motion earlier Friday, seeking the temporary hold while it appeals the sales ban.

The e-cigarette maker had asked the court to pause what it called an "extraordinary and unlawful action" by the Food and Drug Administration that would have required it to immediately halt its business.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-06-juul-e-cigarettes-court-blocks-fda.html

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2022 at 9:09 AM, the13bats said:

What i dont like about vaping or most vapers is they are like smokers of the 80s and seem all entitled to puff it in my face,

A lot of them use these giant tanks , like to be able to get a puff about 10 times the size of a cigarette. I mean they cup their hands around it like they are making love to it. :) I was at a Guns n Roses concert a while back and this guy had 2 giant tanks , one in each hand. 

Edited by razman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't doubt ciggs are bad though definitely don't trust vaping. Two different mds told me (suggested switching vaping) don't do it, better off smoking cigarettes. One ex employee (pharm student) did thesis on vaping,  told me its definitely worse than cigarettes. My personal opinion, which is 100% true, we won't know the long term effects for decades.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bed of chaos said:

One ex employee (pharm student) did thesis on vaping,  told me its definitely worse than cigarettes.

Probably hoping for a well paid political job from the anti lobby if there is one.

1 hour ago, Bed of chaos said:

we won't know the long term effects for decades.

Agreed, we may as well let people get on with it till we know. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ethereal_scout said:

Probably hoping for a well paid political job from the anti lobby if there is one.

Agreed, we may as well let people get on with it till we know. 

I doubt it was political job to point out vaping (gods knows what) isn't safe (if curious, he didn't smoke). I don't consider big tobacco reliable source of info. However, this doesn't translate into vaping (tobacco related products) advocates are reliable. In regards to "let people get on with it" decades ago, people said the same things about cigarettes.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

We know...oops rational educated people know smoking as in tobacco type products or anything ignited is "bad for humans" only the very ignorant like the late rush Limbaugh arguee its not.

Vaping from the start isnt as bad we all vape a little when we take a hot shower,  once i was very sick my doc put medicine in a machine that was basically a vape machine and had me inhale it to help treat what i had.

The real dangers with vaping is what are you vaping, but it doesnt have the toxuns inherent with smoke.

If a person vapes nicotine then we know what nicotine itself does to the body but with the vape we lack the ignited parts the harm that comes from the smoke.

If i went to a doc who said something as asinine as dont vape just keep on smoking rather than saying at the least dont do either then i would find a better doc.

On 6/25/2022 at 10:59 AM, razman said:

A lot of them use these giant tanks , like to be able to get a puff about 10 times the size of a cigarette. I mean they cup their hands around it like they are making love to it. :) I was at a Guns n Roses concert a while back and this guy had 2 giant tanks , one in each hand. 

^^^this

is why i say a lot of vapers are just as rude to me as smokers, they will be at the club and look like mini fog machines but it doesnt bother me the way smoke does, just dont blow it at me.

I have zero doubt a lot of vape users are very addicted to it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, the13bats said:

We know...oops rational educated people know smoking as in tobacco type products or anything ignited is "bad for humans" only the very ignorant like the late rush Limbaugh arguee its not.

Vaping from the start isnt as bad we all vape a little when we take a hot shower,  once i was very sick my doc put medicine in a machine that was basically a vape machine and had me inhale it to help treat what i had.

The real dangers with vaping is what are you vaping, but it doesnt have the toxuns inherent with smoke.

If a person vapes nicotine then we know what nicotine itself does to the body but with the vape we lack the ignited parts the harm that comes from the smoke.

If i went to a doc who said something as asinine as dont vape just keep on smoking rather than saying at the least dont do either then i would find a better doc.

^^^this

is why i say a lot of vapers are just as rude to me as smokers, they will be at the club and look like mini fog machines but it doesnt bother me the way smoke does, just dont blow it at me.

I have zero doubt a lot of vape users are very addicted to it.

 

Yea i vape a little , just one of those small Vuse things from the gas station. I smoked for many years but now i pretty much don't anymore , sometimes one in a day. One thing is the list of chems in a cig is exorbitantly long , i think including pesticides, while the vape thingy like Vuse has like 5 or 6 , i think they are all food grade. For me , it would be cool if they could shrink that down too, i don't even need any flavors or anything or something that adds to create smoke , like Poly Glycol . Just the lung expansion and nicotine would be good for me, however this may not be good enough for others . 

Edited by razman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, razman said:

Yea i vape a little , just one of those small Vuse things from the gas station. I smoked for many years but now i pretty much don't anymore , sometimes one in a day. One thing is the list of chems in a cig is exorbitantly long , i think including pesticides, while the vape thingy like Vuse has like 5 or 6 , i think they are all food grade. For me , it would be cool if they could shrink that down too, i don't even need any flavors or anything or something that adds to create smoke , like Poly Glycol . Just the lung expansion and nicotine would be good for me, however this may not be good enough for others . 

I might not have made myself clear i dont care who smokes or vapes if they dont get rude on me about it.

I just happened to have found a vuse at the club a few weeks back the throw away type i tore it apart to see how it works., its a cute little mini fog machine i had no idea vape uses Poly Glycol to bump up fog club foggers are Glycerin based, poly gly is in some anti freeze and i would have thought more of a hazard than Glycerin if one has to bump fog from their vaper. ( both are used in laxitives ).

I used to be obsessed with clove gum, i bought cases of it, i loved the taste and slight numbing, problem was the one outfit who made it and a couple other old flavors goes in and out of preduction and this time might not come back.

I looked into vaping clove oil i figured it would be popular due to clove cigs but no i couldnt find a 100% clove oil vape, they all had nicotine too.

I cant prove it and its just mnsho but if a person likes nicotine or is additied to it or whatever then vaping it which is available is going to be a heck of a lot better for you than getting it by smoking.

I wouldnt think vaping nic would be any worse than a nic patch.

 

 

Edited by the13bats
#$%%#$ typo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, razman said:

Yea i vape a little , just one of those small Vuse things from the gas station. I smoked for many years but now i pretty much don't anymore , sometimes one in a day. One thing is the list of chems in a cig is exorbitantly long , i think including pesticides, while the vape thingy like Vuse has like 5 or 6 , i think they are all food grade. For me , it would be cool if they could shrink that down too, i don't even need any flavors or anything or something that adds to create smoke , like Poly Glycol . Just the lung expansion and nicotine would be good for me, however this may not be good enough for others . 

I make my own juice with no flavors. Three ingredients - PG, VG, and nicotine.

There is no way in hell those three ingredients are worse than the 100s you get from burning plant leaves. I smoked for years and have now exclusively vaped for years. Every cough and pain I ever had from smoking disappeared after I switched, it is a night and day difference.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, moonman said:

I make my own juice with no flavors. Three ingredients - PG, VG, and nicotine.

There is no way in hell those three ingredients are worse than the 100s you get from burning plant leaves. I smoked for years and have now exclusively vaped for years. Every cough and pain I ever had from smoking disappeared after I switched, it is a night and day difference.

Yea i feel like i can vape all day and my lungs still feel clearer . couple drags of cig and down they go. Also my smell and taste is better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats something smokers dont realize, they stink, their skin and breath is horrible, i had a buddy whose breath stunk so badly of cigs i couldnt stand to be in a car with him without the window down.

Vape doesnt seem to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.