Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senate advances gun safety bill, overcoming filibuster

OverSword

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Do you really think that gangbangers bother to vote?

What do you want from someone that apparently thinks there's a difference between a felon and a criminal?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

What do you want from someone that apparently thinks there's a difference between a felon and a criminal?

It’s like Pokemon, innit? A criminal evolves into a felon after getting caught and convicted. 

• Haha 1

Guest Xetan
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’s like Pokemon, innit? A criminal evolves into a felon after getting caught and convicted. 

But if you let them evolve while holding a nail file, they become Fugitive, who is more viable in the meta game.

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

How does criminal history get into the Pokedex?

On 6/23/2022 at 6:22 PM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Red Flag Laws will probably not pass Constitutional scrutiny.

They can violate:

1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 14 Amendments.

I guess we'll see.

Have red flag laws not been to the court yet?

I know Florida has had it for a couple years now.

Since pink slipping passes constitutional scrutiny I feel like red flag laws will probably be fine 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 11:14 AM, Autochthon1990 said:

Do I also need to remind you that felons can't vote?

Depends on the state. 

They can vote in Ohio

3 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Do you really think that gangbangers bother to vote?

I'm sure some do.     You don't need to vote to be far left or far right.

5 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Thinks for a bit... okay, you got me.  Hands down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm sure some do.

Probably based on sheer odds, not in your personal experience?

Edited by Likely Guy

23 hours ago, Myles said:

Hi Myles

I doubt that most criminals unless they own a politician vote or have political ties/leanings.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2022 at 4:01 PM, Myles said:

Let us know next time you head for Chicago and interview gangbangers, better yet take a TV crew.  You might become famous.

Seriously, I don't associate gangsters with woke, caring about anybody else or knowing who sits in Washington.

They are all about gang loyalty, my bro no matter who he murders, even if he shoots somebody on 5th Avenue.  They are about "Hooray for me, **** you." and getting all the money power and bling they can get hold of.   They are not much into the rights of those they rob, which does sound a lot like all politicians.  But their love of personal freedom at the cost of any price to society sounds a lot more right than left. Even their love and dependence on firearms sounds pretty Republican.

Elon Musk has some of those same qualities but he expresses them in more acceptable ways.  Welfare too.  He got what,  $250 million when Tesla was floundering?  I think he is now solidly Republican since Biden insulted him by saying he should pay taxes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Let us know next time you head for Chicago and interview gangbangers, better yet take a TV crew.  You might become famous.

Seriously, I don't associate gangsters with woke, caring about anybody else or knowing who sits in Washington.

They are all about gang loyalty, my bro no matter who he murders, even if he shoots somebody on 5th Avenue.  They are about "Hooray for me, **** you." and getting all the money power and bling they can get hold of.   They are not much into the rights of those they rob, which does sound a lot like all politicians.  But their love of personal freedom at the cost of any price to society sounds a lot more right than left. Even their love and dependence on firearms sounds pretty Republican.

Elon Musk has some of those same qualities but he expresses them in more acceptable ways.  Welfare too.  He got what,  $250 million when Tesla was floundering?  I think he is now solidly Republican since Biden insulted him by saying he should pay taxes.

I'm guessing that they lean more left.   Also criminals would be smart to lean towards the side that is soft on crime.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I'm guessing that they lean more left.   Also criminals would be smart to lean towards the side that is soft on crime.  

I think Republicans just defended the right for a crazy 18 year old to buy a gun in the morning and shoot up someplace before lunch.    Course, not a crime until he pulls the trigger.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

I doubt that most criminals unless they own a politician vote or have political ties/leanings.

Depends on what kind of crime you're talking about.  I used to know a couple of drug dealers that worked on campaigns for city and county politicians.  they were very left winged too.  Democrats to the grave. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh yeah.  I'm sure none of them were out mostly peacefully protesting when George Floyd was murdered or calling to have the police defunded :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Depends on what kind of crime you're talking about.  I used to know a couple of drug dealers that worked on campaigns for city and county politicians.  they were very left winged too.  Democrats to the grave. 

Hi OverSword

Yes some do depending on how successful they are and whether they are street level players or fairly well heeled respected family men. 
Most gang members are street level and then there are plenty low income street kids that are just homeless drifters that shop lift that don’t care about politics.

I grew up in a high crime city with a lot of criminals and the majority did not speak about politics nor did they vote 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Oh yeah.  I'm sure none of them were out mostly peacefully protesting when George Floyd was murdered or calling to have the police defunded :rolleyes:

Gotta a point there.  Anybody not satisfied with the status quo of 1970 is by definition is a liberal.

24 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Gotta a point there.  Anybody not satisfied with the status quo of 1970 is by definition is a liberal.

Nothing like overkill to prove your point.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Nothing like overkill to prove your point.

You are a good guy.  Don't know why, but it makes me happy you are here.  

• Haha 2