Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pilots and troops saw '11,500mph craft' over Brazil

18 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

A UFO incident that occurred over Brazil in 1986 is set to be presented at a UFO hearing at the Brazilian Senate.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/358641/pilots-and-troops-saw-11500mph-craft-over-brazil

Thanks for sharing this is an interesting thread, but like all such threads there isn’t enough proof presented to prove what occurred!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I already told you Brazil. You see the insane and worthless stuff congress critters do in the USA? Don't do that.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks for sharing this is an interesting thread, but like all such threads there isn’t enough proof presented to prove what occurred!

There’s no proof of extraterrestrial visitation in the public domain period but incidents like this do provide credibility to the need to investigate the phenomena regardless of whether that leads to little green men or just a better understanding of our weather systems.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, M 7 said:

There’s no proof of extraterrestrial visitation in the public domain period but incidents like this do provide credibility to the need to investigate the phenomena regardless of whether that leads to little green men or just a better understanding of our weather systems.

Your point is aniquated,

I disagree about this case providing any "crediblity" to investagate such old dead end stories.

When one of the jet pilots attempted to close in on the target, the object suddenly accelerated away at a speed estimated to be around 15 times the speed of sound.

A person cannot reach any conclusion from unknown, estimate is anotger word for "guess".

Ever heard of Captain Thomas F. Mantell? He died crashed his plane chasing a UFO now to this day true believers make up all kinds of embellishments but Martin Caidin researched the crash and came up with mantell died chasing a sky hook balloon unknown to mantel at that time.

The reason i like this case is Caidin is/was ( rip ) a believer that some UFOs are not of this earth yet he didnt place ego, personal biases into his investagation he came up with what he felt was the correct answer.

That doesnt happen much in the last few decades true believers will only accept every unknown in our friendly skies is aliens and then they go ad hominid when skeptics balk and say, prove it.

Look what happened with that silly tic tac case.

• Like 1

Hundreds of troops and many pilots and airplane passengers saw it and yet not really one of them thought about making even the blurriest picture that usually accompanies ufo sightings. And no, military planes never carry any camera at all.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I already told you Brazil. You see the insane and worthless stuff congress critters do in the USA? Don't do that.

How sure our we that the Vatican doesn`t own land and assets around the world we don`t know about?

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

Your point is aniquated,

I disagree about this case providing any "crediblity" to investagate such old dead end stories.

When you have an incident with that many witnesses it should be investigated. Now I know you know your stuff 13bat’s, you’re a good poster and I know you do your research so if you’re saying this has been previously proven to be to be something mundane then fair enough. However, if that’s the case then surely that’s the result of some sort of investigative work and that’s all I ask.

Edited by M 7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701 said:

Hundreds of troops and many pilots and airplane passengers saw it and yet not really one of them thought about making even the blurriest picture that usually accompanies ufo sightings. And no, military planes never carry any camera at all.

I take it you missed the part in the article about this happening in 1986?

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 8:19 PM, M 7 said:

When you have an incident with that many witnesses it should be investigated. Now I know you know your stuff 13bat’s, you’re a good poster and I know you do your research so if you’re saying this has been previously proven to be to be something mundane then fair enough. However, if that’s the case then surely that’s the result of some sort of investigative work and that’s all I ask.

Thanx for tge k8nd words, I guess i get too jaded snide for my own good.

If a case is decades old and still basically "unexplained" then it will likely stay that way.

In some cases witness number can make a difference but its still doesnt mean it wasnt prosaic.

Here is a great example,

The Miracle of the Sun, also known as the Miracle of Fatima.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun#:~:text=The Miracle of the Sun%2C also known as,said that they had seen extraordinary solar

There certainly was as in i believe most cases that arent made up bull a stimulus but people all who see the same event might not agree as to what they saw, so who it right?

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 7:46 AM, the13bats said:

Ever heard of Captain Thomas F. Mantell? He died crashed his plane chasing a UFO now to this day true believers make up all kinds of embellishments but Martin Caidin researched the crash and came up with mantell died chasing a sky hook balloon unknown to mantel at that time.

During my college years, I got to go to Palestine, Texas and watch launch of several of those things.  I had a professor with IR telescopes in the payload.  They are huge beasts and were the way in those pre-ISS days of putting instruments up above most atmosphere. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

During my college years, I got to go to Palestine, Texas and watch launch of several of those things.  I had a professor with IR telescopes in the payload.  They are huge beasts and were the way in those pre-ISS days of putting instruments up above most atmosphere. 

That is super cool, i only have seen pictures and videos of them,

From top of balloon to payload bottom how tall would you guess they were?

On a silly note,

At my old club after a party was a cheap blow up doll decoration, my partner in the club biz was drunk filled the doll with helium but it was still too heavy to float so 20 or 30 balloons later it floated and he released it.

We watched it take about 20 mins to go up and out of sight

Edited by the13bats

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

That is super cool, i only have seen pictures and videos of them,

From top of balloon to payload bottom how tall would you guess they were?

On a silly note,

At my old club after a party was a cheap blow up doll decoration, my partner in the club biz was drunk filled the doll with helium but it was still too heavy to float so 20 or 30 balloons later it floated and he released it.

We watched it take about 20 mins to go up and out of sight

On the ground, they start out as a large teardrop shape and expand into a sphere as they rise into lower pressure of the upper atmosphere.  They are transparent but reflect sunlight and look silvery after launch. It takes a very large machine, bigger than a Cat 966 4 wheel loader to launch.  It cradles the payload and drives forward to keep the payload from skidding along the ground.  Standing on the ground and looking up, it looks like more than 100 feet tall when they release it, but less than 100 yards.  Sorry not a very accurate guess, but standing still and knowing my distance from the payload,  more accurate than looking at a moving object miles away in the sky.   I never saw the payload recovery team do their thing. the balloon comes down in a slightly predictable place then they have to track it.  In those days, it was a radio beacon and not GPS.  Amazing what we did with such primitive technology.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

On the ground, they start out as a large teardrop shape and expand into a sphere as they rise into lower pressure of the upper atmosphere.  They are transparent but reflect sunlight and look silvery after launch. It takes a very large machine, bigger than a Cat 966 4 wheel loader to launch.  It cradles the payload and drives forward to keep the payload from skidding along the ground.  Standing on the ground and looking up, it looks like more than 100 feet tall when they release it, but less than 100 yards.  Sorry not a very accurate guess, but standing still and knowing my distance from the payload,  more accurate than looking at a moving object miles away in the sky.   I never saw the payload recovery team do their thing. the balloon comes down in a slightly predictable place then they have to track it.  In those days, it was a radio beacon and not GPS.  Amazing what we did with such primitive technology.

Im thinking some of the true believers that claim roswell could not have been a balloon with radar reflecters in a train of them really do not grasp the size of these things,

Likely same with mantel, even hynek considered it a nothing case a tragic misidentification of a sky hook balloon.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 1:06 AM, the13bats said:

Thanx for tge k8nd words, I guess i get too jaded snide for my own good.

If a case is decades old and still basically "unexplained" then it will likely stay that way.

In some cases witness number can make a difference but its still doesnt mean it wasnt prosaic.

Here is a great example,

The Miracle of the Sun, also known as the Miracle of Fatima.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun#:~:text=The Miracle of the Sun%2C also known as,said that they had seen extraordinary solar

There certainly was as in i believe most cases that arent made up bull a stimulus but people all who see the same event might not agree as to what they saw, so who it right?

I’d agree, that a case as old and cold as this probably will remain unsolved, I’d also agree that just because there’s a lot of witnesses doesn’t necessarily make an incident more compelling. The link you posted does raise some interesting points, particularly the power of suggestion. I think it’s human nature to want to be part of something special so I think it can be quite easy to get dragged along in the excitement and convince yourself or have your memory of an event be corrupted by somebody else’s perception. That being said I still think incidents involving high numbers of witnesses do warrant investigation simply because there’s a lot of information  to look at in terms  of witness statements that can be cross referenced with meteorological, astronomical or aviation data.

Incidentally I have actually been to Fatima. I'm not religious so I wasn’t going expecting any divine visions but the supernatural angle was kind of fun in the same way as I’d visit Loch Ness if I was in the vicinity of it even though I've got no doubts whatsoever that there’s nothing extraordinary swimming around in there. 

It’s all interesting to read or none of us would be here. Rather you believe in it or not is irrelevant at this stage. However you’re opinion is always important. 
All we have is speculation on it. Witnesses and crappy photos and videos. Many of which could be fake and the ones that’s not fake could be drones from other nations spying I mean who knows. The idea of them being from not of this planet is about 1% in my opinion. Until either the government comes forward with the truth or one lands and introduces itself to the world.

Until then this is all we got.