Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roe v Wade: US Supreme Court strikes down abortion rights


Still Waters
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Well, time to court pack, sorry but if you're going to cheat your way to a supreme court majority via just ignoring the fact you had to seat Merrick Garland in order to make this happen, then I don't care what you have to say about 'the integrity of the court'.

 

The court is supposed to protect human rights, not banish them because some fundies want to control vaginas. 

Land of the "free". Righty ho!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think each individual case should go to court, if the court rules against abortion, then the state should take financial and other responsibility for raising the child until 18 years.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

The court is supposed to protect human rights

So the unborn don't have any rights? That's what you're saying. Obviously if that is the case then the Constitution doesn't protect your rights should the wind blow in a different direction.

To take a unborn life is without doubt the most barbaric practice ever instituted among mankind.

The most defenseless among the defenseless slaughtered without...Due Process...and all because.............A woman says "my rights"

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

So the unborn don't have any rights? That's what you're saying. Obviously if that is the case then the Constitution doesn't protect your rights should the wind blow in a different direction.

To take a unborn life is without doubt the most barbaric practice ever instituted among mankind.

The most defenseless among the defenseless slaughtered without...Due Process...and all because.............A woman says "my rights"

 

Correct, they're not people. They're cell clusters, and they don't matter more then a person

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Correct, they're not people. They're cell clusters, and they don't matter more then a person

I can't even feel sorry for people like you. What a total waste of cell clusters.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, odas said:

This is a big step back for human freedoms in the USA.

No! Just the opposite.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

No! Just the opposite.

Why not making vasectomy mandatory? Go right to the source where all starts.

  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I can't even feel sorry for people like you. What a total waste of cell clusters.

You're both heartless and somehow a total slave to your worst characteristics, that's quite a trick you've pulled off.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, odas said:

Why not making vasectomy mandatory? Go right to the source where all starts.

Men don't get pregnant.

Sterilization is already legal in the U.S.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

You're both heartless

I'm heartless? Where does that leave you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, odas said:

Why not making vasectomy mandatory? Go right to the source where all starts.

Oh sweetie, that's on a white christian penis, we can't do anything that might interfere with it...

 

America was a fun experiment while it lasted, at least we did better then the Weimar Republic...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I'm heartless? Where does that leave you?

Significantly above the garbage can you call a moral compass. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People having kids they don't want seems like a bad move. 

In modern times we have the technology to control our own reproduction. Accidents happen.

I would much rather a 17 year old get an abortion if she wants than take it to term.

A fetus isn't viable outside the body tell towards the end. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

So the unborn don't have any rights? That's what you're saying. Obviously if that is the case then the Constitution doesn't protect your rights should the wind blow in a different direction.

To take a unborn life is without doubt the most barbaric practice ever instituted among mankind.

The most defenseless among the defenseless slaughtered without...Due Process...and all because.............A woman says "my rights"

 

Let's hope you've never m********ed.Taking away the right for a baby to be born! Mass murder, in effect!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OverSword said:

I wonder who here has read the thomas vs dobbs finding to see why abortion rights have been turned back over to the states?  

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000180-874f-dd36-a38c-c74f98520000

"Because we're, well, yknow, fascists. Not like we've been subtle about it, friends!"

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, spartan max2 said:

People having kids they don't want seems like a bad move. 

In modern times we have the technology to control our own reproduction. Accidents happen.

I would much rather a 17 year old get an abortion if she wants than take it to term.

A fetus isn't viable outside the body tell towards the end. 

They don't care about that, they want to control women because their book says they should do that and it tickles their willies to do it. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Enough with the personal attacks please folks.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, susieice said:

I'm in shock. I honestly thought that this would never happen. Now it's up to individual states to regulate. This will be going back to court.

There is no higher court to appeal to. No?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Oh sweetie, that's on a white christian penis, we can't do anything that might interfere with it...

 

America was a fun experiment while it lasted, at least we did better then the Weimar Republic...

I don't believe you need to doom and gloom.

Despite the ruling being a negative, abortion is never going to be as easy to ban as it was in the past. With different states and nations allowing it, being able to order pills online. I feel like it will be hard to stop people.

Ultimately, this may make it so that federal legislation to legalize a portion is passed on the long run 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.