Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clarence Thomas Wants to Revisit Other Cases

Agent0range

Clarence Thomas is an absolute extremist.  In his opinion, he writes, specifically that three other cases should be revisited.

Thomas wrote, “In future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell.”

What are these cases about?

In Griswold v. Connecticut, the court ruled in 1965 that married couples have a right to access contraceptive. In 2003, the court said in Lawrence v. Texas that states could not outlaw consensual gay sex. And the court’s 2015 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges established a constitutional right to same-sex marriage.

This Supreme Court is doing nothing but tearing the country further a part.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Clarence Thomas is an absolute extremist.  In his opinion, he writes, specifically that three other cases should be revisited.

What are these cases about?

This Supreme Court is doing nothing but tearing the country further a part.  

Can you link please

• Thanks 1

Of course he does.  It's his way or no way.

He's a poster boi of Naive Realism.

Absolutely abhorent 

Thomas alluded to those areas being brought forth to the court, or at least as I saw it (gay marriage and contraceptives)

I can't feature it, myself. Contraceptives... ? Really? :huh:

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Can you link please

@AgentOrange hope you don’t mind I supplied a link:  Thomas wants the Supreme Court to overturn landmark rulings that legalized contraception, same-sex marriage: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/thomas-wants-supreme-court-overturn-landmark-rulings-legalized-contrac-rcna35228

Here you go!

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Clarence Thomas is an absolute extremist. 

Clarence and his wife are seditious traitors who think we should be a fascist theocracy.

He didn't just p*** off women......he p***ed off Black women.....everywhere.

All I can say is enjoy your public life outside. ^_^

• Thanks 3

i don't believe any of what he said will happen.  

• Like 1

In Griswold v. Connecticut, the court ruled in 1965 that married couples have a right to access contraceptive. In 2003, the court said in Lawrence v. Texas that states could not outlaw consensual gay sex. And the court’s 2015 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges established a constitutional right to same-sex marriage.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

I don’t know why this gets completely ignored by the emotional. That’s really all that’s going on here. The court recognizing in the past where it over stepped it’s authority. 

• Like 2

Clarence Thomas woke up this morning, rolled over, took one look at his wife, and decided interracial marriage was next.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Myles said:

i don't believe any of what he said will happen.  

We all (most) thought the same about Roe vs Wade. 

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

We all (most) thought the same about Roe vs Wade. 

No kidding, it shocked the hell out of me. When I first heard the case, I just thought, "ha! Fat chance of that ever happening!“

And then... 

Oh and **** Uncle Ruckus err...Clarence Thomas 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla

9 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Clarence Thomas woke up this morning, rolled over, took one look at his wife, and decided interracial marriage was next.

Best post of the week, so far .... Congrats. 

Originalism is going to destory this country. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 8:42 PM, Manwon Lender said:

@AgentOrange hope you don’t mind I supplied a link:  Thomas wants the Supreme Court to overturn landmark rulings that legalized contraception, same-sex marriage: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/thomas-wants-supreme-court-overturn-landmark-rulings-legalized-contrac-rcna35228

Here you go!

Such things should have the strength of law behind them and not a weak and executive order or a court ruling.  I have said this about RvW many times over the years.  Still miffed they overturned what so many assumed was a right for so long.  Those the most upset about the ruling still don't understand it's not the court that's at fault, it's their representatives in congress.

• Like 1