Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible UAP?

The revelation of the balloon figure is interesting. I think there should be something of concern if there is/was in fact someone scooting around in a jetpack near a heavily used airport like LAX. The fact this has been reported multiple times should be of concern for law enforcement and definitely be investigated before now.

My opinion is that these events are man-made objects being observed by the pilots. I will say though that I do think there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe and possibly even our own galaxy. It would be amazing (and horrifying to a degree) if one day there was some sort of contact made.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What is interesting to me is that the object was identified as a jetpack. To me that suggested there was motion to the object. 

The fact is that saying jetpack was misleading. But that is what the human mind does. It sees something that is surprising and adds details to make sense of what is being seen.

• Thanks 2

For some reason msm links no longer open on my phone.

I saw that jetpack person near an airport a while back thing us pilots are not perfect in fact some commercial pilots are scary.

We live in a time that i can go to walmart and buy an flying RC toy that is very capable of causing huge flaps if flown in the wrong place and we know some jackasses love to push,

Like the jackwads who were pointing lasers at aircraft.

To me uap is just a modern vamp to ufo and so far all are explained as prosaic things or a few are left unexplained which isnt a jump to aliens.

I see people argue on here about intelligent life out there in the vastness and age of the universe its of course possible but with that vastness we will never know, not saying some day in the future it wont be known but a lot of things have to line up to even say yes, we gave made distant not close contact.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I remember seeing some fun man-in-jetpack videos on YouTube. They looked like balloons moving around with remote controlled fans and moved back and forth aimlessly as if someone was trying to get people's attention. The "man" never appeared to move. In one video you can hear a person saying that was a balloon.

• Like 2

I recall many years back there seemed to be a myriad of "flying humanoids" being reported in mexico,

Joe nickells did some research and testing and decided balloons were pretty much the answer and ill add to that party stores offer a lot of shaped balloons.

I doubt it would be hard to RC a human looking balloon to have a bit of fun

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

From these sightings alone we see how the observers affixe characteristics and make assumptions based off of those items.

Now using that information, how likely is it that this happens frequently with most alleged sightings?

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

I recall many years back there seemed to be a myriad of "flying humanoids" being reported in mexico,

Yes, that's what I'm remembering. I did a search on YouTube and couldn't find the classic ones but here's a funny one of a balloon man flying around.

• Like 3

"Enter your mobile" phone number to watch this video"....

No thanks..  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2022 at 11:46 AM, astrobeing said:

Yes, that's what I'm remembering. I did a search on YouTube and couldn't find the classic ones but here's a funny one of a balloon man flying around.

Did you ever see the flying people in New York?

Edited by Golden Duck