Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Talking with dead in dreams

Matiro

Last night I had a dream. I remember seeing a house, there was white child statue on the wall, above to the left was painting or also statue of a  woman,  looked like shadow was over it or she was so dark. Then down and to the left there was statue or painting of a man dressed in red clothes.
I remember walking inside the house and then white child statue started talking to me nicely asking for help, then more voices started whispering for help. I remember that I said I will be the "one" and I will help them all.
Child statue told me her name and then i woke up.
I google it and ther is a 13yo girl who passed in 2021 under that name.

That this dream mean something? What should i do? Please help.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Matiro said:

What is the name?  I'm asking to see if it seems like a common name.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matiro said:

Emily. I don't want to write last name here. 

Why not?  First of all you believe it's a dead person so you're not violating privacy, second it was a dream and third how can we determine if it's a common name if you don't tell us the name?

I'm new into this so I wasn't sure if I suppose to share name. 

The name that white child statue told me is Emily Dayton.

I never heard that name before.

@Matiro Are you in the Fresno area?

I do believe the dead can reach out to people in their dreams. What help do you feel she might be looking for? I know some spirits can be trapped in an earthbound state and need to move on to higher spiritual planes.

• Like 1

Why must it be a dead Emily? There are living ones. Perhaps a child just born, or an Emily in need. A future friend to be met, or perhaps a name once heard and since forgotten. 

A bit more to the dream in general. Sometimes people dream of people asking for help or being in need of help. Sometimes that can come from waking life if one feels they should be doing something for someone, or feeling badly for not doing something for someone. Sometimes this kind of dream is the unconscious mind trying to resolve an issue the waking mind is experiencing, and not necessarily anyone specific in need or not. 

• Like 3

I have no idea how to help, what they asking me to do. Like I wrote it was child statue that asked for help and then after that many other voices were saying help, help us, help me to. It's just only statue told me a name which I remembered.

This is my first time I reached out for help. I do believe in spirits and I do feel their presence around me sometimes. 

Last year for example I was stopped by a guy who said he was Yogi and that he sees my aura that it's very good and very big/strong. He told me things that he shouldn't knew for me to beilive him and then he  told me some things about my future.

I believe.

Please help me to interprete my dream and what should I do.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Matiro said:

Please help me to interprete my dream and what should I do

Was the dream very vivid, different from others? I've had these very vivid dreams where passed over family members have come to me to give advice. If it is one of those dreams it may be real. If the girl and others were murdered they may want you to reveal the killer that they knew, maybe giving you direction. If it's anything else there is nothing you can do, you can't bring her, them back.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rashore said:

Why must it be a dead Emily? There are living ones. Perhaps a child just born, or an Emily in need. A future friend to be met, or perhaps a name once heard and since forgotten. 

Are you aware she was given a last name too in the dream that is not very common, and it matched a 13-year-old girl that died in 2021. That does makes it more suggestive of paranormal input. That is why the OP is so startled and wants to help but doesn't know how.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Are you aware she was given a last name too in the dream that is not very common, and it matched a 13-year-old girl that died in 2021. That does makes it more suggestive of paranormal input. That is why the OP is so startled and wants to help but doesn't know how.

I am aware of the last name, I was able to clearly read what the OP wrote. Are you aware that there are around two dozen living people by that name listed in the same state as the girl who passed in 2021? Just because someone dreams a name does not automatically make that the name of a dead person.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, rashore said:

Just because someone dreams a name does not automatically make that the name of a dead person.

And just because we dont think we recall it we very much might have heard the name before.

• Thanks 1

Dead is dead the dead are not reaching out they are dead.

A lot of people do not know how the brain works, dreams are not the stories playing like a vcr no, they are random mixed up bits and pieces that the brain puts together and embellishes to try to make sense.

This is one reason details start to quickly fade.

I believe it wouldnt be wise to go contacting 13yo girls or their family saying you are dreaming of them and they are dead in your dream needing help, it sounds very looney creepy stalker type thing. Imnsho.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Just because someone dreams a name does not automatically make that the name of a dead person.

I did not automatically make that the name of the real dead person. That's why I used the word 'suggestive' and I'll stick with that word.

In all my years of dreaming I know I have never gotten a first/last name that I could research. And even more have it seem like someone applicable to the dream. I'll go 50% chance of paranormal involvement myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rashore said:

I don't think there would be a good outcome by pursuing it either. 

22 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I did not automatically make that the name of the real dead person. That's why I used the word 'suggestive' and I'll stick with that word.

In all my years of dreaming I know I have never gotten a first/last name that I could research. And even more have it seem like someone applicable to the dream. I'll go 50% chance of paranormal involvement myself.

Really? I dream full names a lot i dont even bother looking them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, do you remember what the girl looked like, in the dream? Perhaps you could look for picture in obituary, see if it matches. That would be interesting. However, as others pointed out, I wouldn't contact the family. They might think ur psychotic.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2022 at 1:09 AM, Matiro said:

Last night I had a dream. I remember seeing a house, there was white child statue on the wall, above to the left was painting or also statue of a  woman,  looked like shadow was over it or she was so dark. Then down and to the left there was statue or painting of a man dressed in red clothes.
I remember walking inside the house and then white child statue started talking to me nicely asking for help, then more voices started whispering for help. I remember that I said I will be the "one" and I will help them all.
Child statue told me her name and then i woke up.

That this dream mean something? What should i do? Please help.

I actually have a similar experience frequently although it’s not spirits, I have PTSD and for years I have a group of repeated dreams of real situations where people were actually killed. It’s like being part of movie that replays and replays over and over again exactly like it actually happened! Some times it freaks me out, others I am fine, and still other times I don’t remember what happened but I know something did because I wake up covered in sweat! :yes:

Do you have PTSD,

• Like 3

If you're looking for a person who died as a child, you have to realize that in old times child death was very common. Many people didn't reach an adult age. You don't have to go that far back in time. My mother had 12 siblings, 3 of them died as children, probably in the 1920s I think. It means that for any name, there will have been many children by that name who have died. Google won't be able to find that, that data is not online (you would probably have to look through church books all over the world or something).

On 7/10/2022 at 12:35 PM, Manwon Lender said:

I actually have a similar experience frequently although it’s not spirits, I have PTSD and for years I have a group of repeated dreams of real situations where people were actually killed. It’s like being part of movie that replays and replays over and over again exactly like it actually happened! Some times it freaks me out, others I am fine, and still other times I don’t remember what happened but I know something did because I wake up covered in sweat! :yes:

Do you have PTSD,

I was doing volunteer work in a hospital when I was working as a translator in the M.E. one time and I was sat with an old guy (80s+) who was PTSD reliving the accidental death of his little brother when a car fell on him in a mechanic's shop.  He was completely asleep, but he was speaking as if to his brother, and then he would start shouting as the "car" fell.  He was in a fugue state because it happened over and over again.  Obviously the poor fellow was riddled with guilt and horror.  I personally suffer from PTSD from when I saw a kid stoned to death in a village in Yemen for being an atheist, with the local police watching on and doing nothing.  As an atheist myself, I became politicized at that moment, and have directly helped about 14 atheist apostates escape murderously repressive Muslim countries, and indirectly helped quite a few more.  It's all very cloak-and-dagger, and thanks to Covid and my poor lung condition, I haven't been able to keep up my participation, sadly.  PTSD is fascinating. Having suffered it, it is pretty hellish.  I (briefly) had a girlfriend who had Dissociative Personality disorder, and she would often switch personalities after a PTSD episode.  It wasn't a healthy relationship, and once I got her into mental health treatment, we broke it off.  I myself did a fair bit of treatment and haven't had an episode in years.  That being said, I wouldn't demand "trigger warnings" on principle.  The things that tend to set me off are the smell of blood, or some types of dust smells, and crowds of people screaming in Arabic.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I was doing volunteer work in a hospital when I was working as a translator in the M.E. one time and I was sat with an old guy (80s+) who was PTSD reliving the accidental death of his little brother when a car fell on him in a mechanic's shop.  He was completely asleep, but he was speaking as if to his brother, and then he would start shouting as the "car" fell.  He was in a fugue state because it happened over and over again.  Obviously the poor fellow was riddled with guilt and horror.  I personally suffer from PTSD from when I saw a kid stoned to death in a village in Yemen for being an atheist, with the local police watching on and doing nothing

Wow I understand how the boy feels, it’s terrible because you never know when go sleep what may be waiting for you. Yes I suspect in his case it is guilt, but it really doesn’t matter whether he was responsible or not. So you also suffer from PTSD, I feel fir you sincerely I do, I don’t wish this crap upon anyone. In my case the way it manifested was very strange and unexpected, I served in Operation Desert Storm, I was stationed at Ft. Lewis Washington in the I-Corps G3 Plans and Operations Section. Now we were all going to deploy, however the G3 asked if anyone would mind being attached to the 24th ‘infantry Division.Well I wasn’t the not the  junior NCO however,  I had just reported to Ft. Lewis from the G3 Plans and Operations Section Ft. Stewart, Georgia in October of 1989. No else was familiar with the manner in which the Division operated so I volunteered, I wasn’t actually fully comfortable with ly new assignment anyway, but I was very comfortable with Major General Barry McCaffrey leadership he was that his soldiers would follow to hell and back. So I went back and found my old position was still empty, so I became the Senior NCO of the Division’s Jump TOC and the rest History!:D Then in 1993, I deployed to Mogadishu Somalia, my first PTSD my symptoms however did not begin until 1999. Unfortunately um they never left, so they became part of the 100% Veterans Administration Disability I received in addition to my retirement pay. Hey 

10 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

As an atheist myself, I became politicized at that moment, and have directly helped about 14 atheist apostates escape murderously repressive Muslim countries, and indirectly helped quite a few more.  It's all very cloak-and-dagger, and thanks to Covid and my poor lung condition, I haven't been able to keep up my participation, sadly.  PTSD is fascinating. Having suffered it, it is pretty hellish.  I (briefly) had a girlfriend who had Dissociative Personality disorder, and she would often switch personalities after a PTSD episode.  It wasn't a healthy relationship, and once I got her into mental health treatment, we broke it off.  I myself did a fair bit of treatment and haven't had an episode in years.  That being said, I wouldn't demand "trigger warnings" on principle.  The things that tend to set me off are the smell of blood, or some types of dust smells, and crowds of people screaming in Arabic.

Hey, a split personality disorder is no joke, had a teenager friend who became Schizophrenia in the course of 2 months he went from normai to being institutionalized. Then approximately 3 year later he committed Suicide, so withi that said I.must bud yiu good night!

our back

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't hurt to just meditate on the dream and focus on the details to better understand. Dreams are sometimes processing information you've picked up, maybe not even consciously, into something to get your attention. May have nothing to do with a particular child. You said she asked for help and that other voices asked for help as well. Were the other voices childrens voices? Write questions down pertaining to images you saw and if they have a specific meaning or significance to you in real life, or not. Meditating and also see if the reoccurs. 

I have a rich dream life and the only dead people I dreamt about were family. 

• Like 1

I second darkmoonlady's advice and perspective.

Dreams are personal.  The subconscious speaks to us through symbolic means in dreams.  And those symbols will have personal meaning based on your experience in life and the connotation of the events within the dreamscape.

No outside person can definitively tell you what any symbol in your dream means for you... but you can often explore and uncover this by sitting quiety and allowing the dream images and dialogue to replay.  I also find it helpful to write out the dream in detail.  Often this will bring other details to the fore and aid in fleshing out meaning for us.

I find dreams to be highly beneficial and potent in self exploration and realization.  I've been a lucid and vivid dreamer since my early childhood.  Myths are public dreams.  Dreams are private Myths.