Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Famous Movie Lines

zep73

We all have movies we like and remember lines from, so I thought it might be funny to make a little game out of it.

Rules:

• The line must be from a well known movie or series. No indies or foreign ones that only few know.
  • Put the decade in with the line, so people know which era is in question.
  • You can score up to 3 points, if you can name both movie/show (+1), actor or character (+1) and scene (+1).
  • The challenger must approve the answer, and give points.
  • If you know the answer, but can't come up with a new challenge, you can score 1 point by telling a joke, that gets at least 3 laugh reactions.
    (Memes, Gifs and cartoons are allowed as jokes.)
  • If someone posts a joke instead of a challenge, anyone can pick up the challenge.
  • The winner (if any) is whoever has the most points when the thread has been untouched for two weeks. (So in exactly two weeks from now...)
    Or when someone reaches 50 points.

I'll start...

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

1960's

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, zep73 said:

We all have movies we like and remember lines from, so I thought it might be funny to make a little game out of it.

Rules:

• The line must be from a well known movie or series. No indies or foreign ones that only few know.
  • Put the decade in with the line, so people know which era is in question.
  • You can score up to 3 points, if you can name both movie/show (+1), actor or character (+1) and scene (+1).
  • The challenger must approve the answer, and give points.
  • If you know the answer, but can't come up with a new challenge, you can score 1 point by telling a joke, that gets at least 3 laugh reactions.
    (Memes, Gifs and cartoons are allowed as jokes.)
  • If someone posts a joke instead of a challenge, anyone can pick up the challenge.
  • The winner (if any) is whoever has the most points when the thread has been untouched for two weeks. (So in exactly two weeks from now...)
    Or when someone reaches 50 points.

I'll start...

Planet of the Apes.

My turn

"Let me tell you where I got my scars"

2000s

Edited by Piney
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

Planet of the Apes.

1 point to Piney

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Piney said:

Planet of the Apes.

My turn

"Let me tell you where I got my scars"

2000s

The Dark Knight (spoken by Joker)

’Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” 

1940s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Indiana Jones shoots a guy with the sword. Sometimes the best movie lines are are just wordless.

Indiana Jones .gif | Indiana jones, Movie scenes, Movie facts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The Dark Knight (spoken by Joker)

’Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” 

1940s.

2 points

Gone With The Wind

Rhett Butler

The line which made William Boyd to turn the part down.

• Like 2

''All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Replicant Roy Batty(Rutger Hauer) in the movie Blade Runner. Timeless and very moving movie line.

• Like 4

My Favorite of all time is Galaxy Quest when Gwen says "Look! I have one job on this lowsy ship, It's Stupid, but I'm gonna do it, OK?"

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Replicant Roy Batty(Rutger Hauer) in the movie Blade Runner. Timeless and very moving movie line.

That line wasn't originally in the script.....Hauer himself rewrote the final soliloquy, shortening it and adding the famous, heartbreaking line at the end.  :tu:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We really shook the pillars of heaven didn't we Wang. 

1980 something

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

We really shook the pillars of heaven didn't we Wang. 

1980 something

Kurt Russell 

Little Troubles in Big China......or something like that. :unsure2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wistman said:

"He chose......poorly."

The Grail Knight. 
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

• Like 2

“You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me?

Robert De Niro - Taxi Driver

18 hours ago, Wistman said:

"Fasten your seatbelts; it's going to be a bumpy night."

1950's

That's a tough one.  I looked it up which is the problem with the internet we can all be google smart.

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's a tough one.  I looked it up which is the problem with the internet we can all be google smart.

Right.  A famous movie, I suppose it's obscure these days....though the line is appropriate for the current state of world affairs.

giphy.gif

All About Eve, 1950

Bette Davis

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wistman said:

Right.  A famous movie, I suppose it's obscure these days....though the line is appropriate for the current state of world affairs.

giphy.gif

All About Eve, 1950

Bette Davis

I don't remember ever seeing seat belts in cars until the late 60's.   Was she referring to seat belts on planes?

Edited by Desertrat56

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't remember ever seeing seat belts in cars until the late 60's.   Was she referring to seat belts on planes?

Seat belts were used regularly in air planes by the fifties.  Seat belts had been used since 1885 in horse-drawn taxis, and were first introduced in cars sometime in the 1930's, though the first patented seat belt was initiated in 1954 for race car drivers.  "The Sports Car Club of America started requiring competing drivers to wear lap belts during their competitions in 1954. It wasn't until the 1960s that American automakers began including seat belts in their cars."

https://vamosarema.com/

Joseph Mankiewicz wrote and directed the film; he must have meant airplanes since that is what regular people would probably have been familiar with in 1950.

Edited by Wistman
  • Like 1

I turn my back on this thread for a couple of days, and it's the wild west in here! :angry:

On 6/28/2022 at 2:22 PM, jethrofloyd said:

On 6/28/2022 at 11:37 PM, jethrofloyd said:

“You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me?

Robert De Niro - Taxi Driver

jethrofloyd, you're not supposed to give the answer! :angry: You're supposed to give someone else the chance to guess it! Don't you have competitions in Sweden? Or are you afraid someone might not win and be sad? :w00t:

Current scoreboard:

1. @Piney : 1 + 2 + 2 = 5
  2. @Sir Wearer of Hats : 2 + 2 = 4
  3. @Wistman : 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

A lot of people remember this ultra famous quote wrong. Here's the correct version.

"No, I am your father!"

1980's

13 hours ago, zep73 said:

A lot of people remember this ultra famous quote wrong. Here's the correct version.

"No, I am your father!"

1980's

The Empire Strikes Back, 1980

:D    Said by Darth Vader, played by David Prowse and James Earl Jones

The scene in which Vader says the disputed line comes just shy of 2 hours into the film, though it's not the final scene.   Luke has just arrived in Cloud City and is in a lightsaber duel with Vader.  After Vader cuts off Luke’s right hand, he asks Luke to join him so they can rule the galaxy together.

Edited by Wistman

24 minutes ago, Wistman said:

The Empire Strikes Back, 1980

:D    Said by Darth Vader, played by David Prowse and James Earl Jones

The scene in which Vader says the disputed line comes just shy of 2 hours into the film, though it's not the final scene.   Luke has just arrived in Cloud City and is in a lightsaber duel with Vader.  After Vader cuts off Luke’s right hand, he asks Luke to join him so they can rule the galaxy together.

Full house, 3 points! :D

Do you have a new challenge for us?

Edited by zep73

16 hours ago, zep73 said:

ethrofloyd, you're not supposed to give the answer! :angry:

Oops, sorry Zep73. I didn't even notice a thread is on the "Games" subforum. I thought we should just write our favorite movie lines without a competition. :unsure2:

• The title was changed to Famous Movie Lines