Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canneto di Caronia fires

TrumanB

After a while I ran to a mystery that is really hard to explain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canneto_di_Caronia_fires

https://allthatsinteresting.com/canneto-di-caronia-fires

During 2004. unexplainable fires of electrical installations and devices took place in this small Italian village.  From January through to March, 92 fires were reported.

Also, helicopters were hit by some electromagnetic shocks and UFOs had been seen. Even during power cuts fires continued. Scientists and army did not solve this mystery. The best they could collectively suggest was “an abnormal increase in the electrical field.”

In 2014. fires took place again those were of more mundane nature (some items on the streets).  Giuzeppe Pezzino, 26 yo local, was arrested but it is highly unlikely that he is responsible for incident from 10 years ago as these 2014 fires were not related to electrical systems.

Can't wait to hear your 5c on this...

Im broke 2cent will have to do.

While i do not jump to paranormal on this one i dont rule out some type of military testing secret stuff as one extreme.

Or a power spike hit a lot of things at once.

But it is still anyones guess and unexplained

• Thanks 1

Finally we have a true mystery!

Well, I guess it is a mystery.
But.
Arson was at least suspected in the original outbreak and on the re-occurence of the fires in 2014 police placed hidden cameras and found at least forty fires being started by an individual.

Said individual tne being arrested along with his father.
I shall have a look into this.

• Like 1

I watched one youtube video that explains that arsons in 2014. were of different types than fires 10 years earlier. IMO what happened in 2004. cannot be explained by human hand.

Or maybe Mulder and Scully. ;)