Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU executive defends its right not to keep records of president’s messages.

L.A.T.1961

The European Commission has said it cannot and does not need to find text messages that its president, Ursula von der Leyen, exchanged with the boss of Pfizer at the height of the pandemic, fueling its dispute with the EU’s internal watchdog.

In a sharp rebuke issued in January, the ombudsman, Emily O’Reilly, accused the EU executive of maladministration. She said text messages concerning EU policies and decisions should be treated as documents subject to EU transparency rules.

The saga, known to critics as Deletegate, arose after the New York Times reported in April 2021 that Von der Leyen had exchanged text messages with the Pfizer chief executive, Albert Bourla, forging a relationship that unlocked lucrative deals for life-saving coronavirus vaccines.

The commission later refused a freedom of information request from a journalist to provide the text messages, prompting an appeal to the ombudsman.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/coronavirus/news/commission-denies-maladministration-cant-find-von-der-leyen-and-pfizer-texts/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/29/european-commission-defiant-over-von-der-leyens-pfizer-texts

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

The European Commission has said it cannot and does not need to find text messages that its president, Ursula von der Leyen, exchanged with the boss of Pfizer at the height of the pandemic, fueling its dispute with the EU’s internal watchdog.

It is always suspicious when a politician deletes messages and emails. It is an unnecessary and conscious act which means they're trying to hide something, generally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

It is always suspicious when a politician deletes messages and emails. It is an unnecessary and conscious act which means they're trying to hide something, generally.

Hi Silver

Some years ago when I still had a landline people would go on my phone to see who I talked to and who was on my caller list so I wiped all information on my phone every time I used it, to me that is no different than looking in my wallet. Yes I understand that because they are people under the scope that every detail of their life seems important but really it's just what you make of it. Oh I am not first on your caller list oh woe is me.

• Like 1

In your case, that's different, because you're a private person. Of course, the unelected presidentess of the E.U. also has a right to privacy. But, not when it concerns official business.

These parasites have a habit of forgetting who is paying their overinflated salaries

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Autistocrates said:

In your case, that's different, because you're a private person. Of course, the unelected presidentess of the E.U. also has a right to privacy. But, not when it concerns official business.

These parasites have a habit of forgetting who is paying their overinflated salaries

Hi Aut

The quote function lets people know when you respond to their posts unless of course you don't really want them to notice.:tu:

Yes I am a nobody and spent decades if not eons creating that life some of us depended on not being noticed not so much as we have something to hide but maybe you haven't earned the right to step into my world that is life doesn't matter who you are.

I worked at the provincial legislative bldgs back home and that was more than enough to educated me on politics and humans.