Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is it ethical to use human brain cells to make computer chips ?

UM-Bot

Wow. Never heard of this one before.

I think ethics have nothing or not much to do with scientific progress.

We have advanced scientifically, despite the fact that knocking two flints together to create a spark could anger the 'gods'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think 'ethics' is a thing grown from religion.

If we dabble on the grounds formally preserved for those we call 'God' or 'gods', those gawds will get jealous and will set us straight.

But I doubt there is a gawd or gods, so ethics is just a way to procrastinate progress, to think things over for the x-th time.

And after we have all thought it over, the experiment will take place anyway.

Wouldnt a cell need to be fed?

• Haha 1

I’m all for it let the good times roll! I wonder what dependencies lab grown brain cells will acquire? Nothing like a computer chip hooked on Nicotine or worse!

Edited by Freez1
  • Like 1

Methinks, ethics is a secondary worry, when scientists dabble into these Humanoid realms. What they're doing is to get closer at opening a Pandora's Box of which they will not be able to shut. Unfortunately, it will be innocent persons who will be liable to suffer the aftermath of such experimentation, instead of the creators themselves

On 6/29/2022 at 12:06 PM, UM-Bot said:

Scientists are working on ways to combine human cells with computer chips - but is this something we should really be doing ?

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/358757/is-it-ethical-to-use-human-brain-cells-to-make-computer-chips

yes.

A journalist asks: "What technological advance allowed such huge performance gains?" The chief executive replies: "We created a new biological chip using lab-grown human neurons. These biological chips are better than silicon chips because they can change their internal structure, adapting to a user's usage pattern and leading to huge gains in efficiency."

This is just so much Sci-Fi hogwash.