Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jayapal, Cicilline, Newman, Takano, Torres Lead Members in Introducing the Trans Bill of Rights

OverSword

Amidst unprecedented attacks on our rights, this landmark resolution lays out concrete steps for providing protections for transgender and nonbinary folks

WASHINGTON – U.S. Representatives Pramila Jayapal (WA-07), David Cicilline (RI-01), Marie Newman (IL-03), Mark Takano (CA-41), and Ritchie Torres (NY-15) led members of Congress in introducing a Trans Bill of Rights. This resolution provides a comprehensive framework to provide protections for transgender and nonbinary people, ensuring that they are not discriminated against or persecuted for their gender identity and expression. It comes shortly after the Supreme Court gutted Roe v. Wade, stripping many of their constitutional right to choose, and as the Court seems poised and willing to take on other hard-earned constitutional rights. 

“As we witness Republicans and an extremist Supreme Court attack and roll back the fundamental rights of trans people across our country, and as state legislatures across the country target our trans community with hateful, bigoted, and transphobic attacks, we are standing up and saying enough is enough,” said Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal, Chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and Co-Chair of the Transgender Equality Task Force. “Our Trans Bill of Rights says clearly to the trans community across the country that we see you and we will stand with you to ensure you are protected and given the dignity and respect that every person should have. 

Link

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I say if you want it done do it through proper legislation and not through the courts or decree.  I hope that they lay off demands about sports or it won't have much of a chance of passing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I say if you want it done do it through proper legislation and not through the courts or decree.  I hope that they lay off demands about sports or it won't have much of a chance of passing.

This. 
Recognition and treatment under the law within the confines of civil life as being of the non-assigned at birth gender? Fine, let’s do this. Within sports? Yeah… we need to have some proper studies done to prove things one way or the other for true equality’s sake.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

This. 
Recognition and treatment under the law within the confines of civil life as being of the non-assigned at birth gender? Fine, let’s do this. Within sports? Yeah… we need to have some proper studies done to prove things one way or the other for true equality’s sake.

I’ll conduct the study for us now. 

ok come to find out biological men have huge advantages over biological women when it comes to physical sports. 

Aside from the sports thing, what exactly are they trying to protect these folks from? Anything about being allowed to groom little kids? 

What a odd world we live in. I see this bill makes sure such people have health care? Is that a thing? I saw something about them not having to have forced surgeries?? What?? I’d like to read the actual bill, cause if I had to guess, I’d say they want the right for parents to subject their children to sterilization and experimental often horrific surgeries. Also they probably want parents to have the right to subject their kids regardless of age to life altering, brain altering puberty blockers. 

Also they are going to force companies to hire folks like this? While a little torn on the subject, I could see why someone wouldn’t want a 210 pound man with a beard, in makeup and a dress to represent their business. Truth is it makes many people uncomfortable. Often women. Such people often look unhinged and mentally unstable. And let’s be real, they probably are. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And of course they want the “right” to force schools to push transgender ideology in the classrooms. Against the will of most of the country. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2