Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peers claim UK citizenship test is 'offensive' and 'alienates' applicants

Silver

The official test which must be passed by foreign nationals seeking British citizenship ‘alienates’ and ‘offends’ candidates, peers have claimed.

A Lords committee said the Life in the UK Test should be urgently reviewed because some of its content was inaccurate, trivial and misleading.

Applicants must study the Life in the UK handbook and then pay £50 to take the test before they can obtain British citizenship or settlement in this country. The pass mark is 75 per cent.

Now peers claim UK citizenship test is 'offensive' and 'alienates' applicants | Daily Mail Online

Do YOU have the knowledge to settle in the UK? Take a practice test here:

Life in the UK Test 2022 - Free Practice Questions - Realistic Tests (lifeintheuktests.co.uk)

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Peers claim UK citizenship test is 'offensive' and 'alienates' applicants

Most Brits don't have the knowledge to settle in their own country. 

I did three of the practise tests i was very close but no cigar had 15 to 17 correct answers out of 24 and you needed 18 and i have quite Good general knowledge. it's more important to understand and speak English these questions are just silly. 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz

Focus on spoken/written English.

I passed but then I'm not English.

• Like 1