Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spookie in the mirror

the13bats

This is pretty cool a few weeks ago i hung this halloween store mirror down on the wall end of my work area, the orange glow is a red night light several hours ago tina was a bit unnerved saying she saw a weird face in the mirror. I didnt see it but when i woke and sat up i saw it and snapped the basic poor quality pic, actually it was tricky to get a pic.

And no, i didnt stage this that wouldnt be fun all i did was crop and resize so it would better match such pix.

20220630_060019_copy_513x645.jpg.7e60413f4fb8192d68395b7dc22c4901.jpg

Yep, thats pretty darn creepy, as a child who was traumatized by TV movies like Dont be affraid of the dark ( orginal version ) this really would have been a horror to me.

But alas before papa can rate it likely 98% paranormal i will spoil this one and admit its just pareidolia

Later ill post the picture what made up this image.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jethrofloyd said:

I have to admit, this is the most spooky pareidolia I have ever seen. :o

Thanx, my wife saw it first, and i want to wait to post the pic showing what it really is but yeah i dig it.

• Like 2

@the13bats I thought it would be just pareidolia but the thing in the mirror kind of looks like me after a pub crawl.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

This is pretty cool a few weeks ago i hung this halloween store mirror down on the wall end of my work area, the orange glow is a red night light several hours ago tina was a bit unnerved saying she saw a weird face in the mirror. I didnt see it but when i woke and sat up i saw it and snapped the basic poor quality pic, actually it was tricky to get a pic.

And no, i didnt stage this that wouldnt be fun all i did was crop and resize so it would better match such pix.

20220630_060019_copy_513x645.jpg.7e60413f4fb8192d68395b7dc22c4901.jpg

Yep, thats pretty darn creepy, as a child who was traumatized by TV movies like Dont be affraid of the dark ( orginal version ) this really would have been a horror to me.

But alas before papa can rate it likely 98% paranormal i will spoil this one and admit its just pareidolia

Later ill post the picture what made up this image.

You should've put some make-up on before doing a mirror selfie.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, P.S said:

You should've put some make-up on before doing a mirror selfie.

Im the resident weekend DJ at a goth industrial nightclub and you say put on make up. If that was me i wouldnt need make up.

• Haha 2

Okay here is one shot show what the spooky was made up of...

20220630_055950_copy_522x561.jpg.3b97fcb3673904585e1ce41f6ac1c2e6.jpg

The red night night was washed out by flash.

And here i will give more detals,

20220630_083340_copy_662x965.thumb.jpg.947f0ba8df900b05bafa594f311e311b.jpg

The mirror was grabbing this junk on the wall near my work area, the grey top item is a string puppet goat, its feet made the creepy eyes of the spooky,

Then the old flyer from a halloween show i did and under that an old rc car.

All this teamed up to make the creepy spooky,

And again no, i didnt stage it i dont have that talent.

Just goes to show we cant trust pictures.

• Like 1

And it's fairly easy to "Photoshop" almost any picture to make it look real.

• Like 1

Bats, that thing is like super creepy, there is no way I am hanging that on a wall in my house, that would give me nightmares! :w00t:

• Like 1

I get horrible paraedolia in the night. My room is small and sometimes ill put my dressing gown over my gaming chair ehich is close to the bed. I stare at it and it looks like a bloody Nazgul! 

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2022 at 6:34 AM, the13bats said:

Before papa would have issued a reading, I'm sure he would have asked if it was repeatable from the same angle and what was physically there at that angle.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2022 at 12:24 PM, papageorge1 said:

Before papa would have issued a reading, I'm sure he would have asked if it was repeatable from the same angle and what was physically there at that angle.

Sure you would have :rolleyes:

When i matched photos claiming to be a ghost to a laser pointer you claimed my laser pointer pix i took still could have actually been paranormal,

Dude, you are lord king blind dear true believer, own it!

It reminds me of the rabbit in the Donnie Darko movie.

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2022 at 5:45 AM, ThereWeAreThen said:

I get horrible paraedolia in the night. My room is small and sometimes ill put my dressing gown over my gaming chair ehich is close to the bed. I stare at it and it looks like a bloody Nazgul! 

In my main work room i have a club speaker on a stand about 7 ft at to i had a coat and stuff on it at night i would wake groggy blurry vision and it looked like a wear angry ape man, i had to move to junk on it.

46 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It reminds me of the rabbit in the Donnie Darko movie.

Yeah, "Frank" i thought so too added that creep factor.

A while back we had a theme night at the club someone wore a frank outfit a good movie quality one and just stood in the shadows all night being creepy.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 10:58 AM, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

And it's fairly easy to "Photoshop" almost any picture to make it look real.

Unless it isn't a mirror at all but a picture frame.

28 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Unless it isn't a mirror at all but a picture frame.

On 6/30/2022 at 6:34 AM, the13bats said:

This is pretty cool a few weeks ago i hung this halloween store mirror

To clearfy,  the thing i posted is still in the box, the mirror part is like mylar because when you hit a button it lights up behind and a which shows,

That had nothing to do with my pic, it was a reflection of pareidolia effect not at all shopped.