Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea claims Covid arrived on 'alien things'

Eldorado

North Korea's Covid outbreak began with citizens touching "alien things" that had fallen near its South Korea border, state media in Pyongyang has claimed.

Citizens were urged to be vigilant around objects that may have blown across the border from the South.

For years activists in the South have flown balloons across the border to send leaflets and humanitarian aid.

In response, Seoul says there is "no possibility" Covid could have crossed the border in that way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-62005220

• Haha 4

Covid19 could have been carried across that border by ants. There are millions of ants in that area and it takes only one ant to infect an entire country.

All ants ought to be required to wear face masks.

Edited by Ell
grammar correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ell said:

Covid19 could have been carried across that border by ants. There are millions of ants in that area and it takes only one ant to infect an entire country.

All ants ought to be required to wear face masks.

It's 4th of July weekend in the states so many ant hills will be blown up by a firecracker.  

Somehow it's even more absurd than extraterrestrials. I do appreciate the clarification however.

It's probably not Aliens silly, it's obviously balloons from the south. 

Oh ok...

Edited by Brandonchpr

It’s too bad we can’t trust the information coming from North Korea. With their lack of vaccinations, they’d be an almost perfect ‘control group’ for the rest of the world.

I tested positive for Covid two weeks ago. Apparently I have the least aggressive form, because I wouldn’t even know I had Covid if I hadn’t gotten the lab test done. My symptoms aren’t much different than the symptoms I have on very high- pollen-count days in the Spring. 

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to how Covid affects different people. I have a friend who’s very active (hiking and golfing). He was in the hospital for weeks, intubated, round-the-clock care, and even needed a daily visit from a healthcare worker after he was released from the hospital. Fortunately he has recovered and he’s back to hiking again. 

I think conspiracy theorists are reaching a little too far here.
In the dictionary it states:

ALIEN = belonging to a foreign country.

My guess is that he said foreign objects and it was translated poorly to Alien Objects (which mean the same thing) and now article writers having a slow news day are picking up on it.

8 hours ago, simplybill said:

I tested positive for Covid two weeks ago.

intubated

You got yourself tested? Did you get a lolly for a reward?

I mean: whatever use is it to get tested? If one is sick: stay home.

Intubated, eh? I suspect them shennannigans; it seems extremely unhealthy to me.

9 minutes ago, Ell said:

whatever use is it to get tested? If one is sick: stay home.

My symptoms were very mild, but my High School class reunion was coming up on the weekend and I didn’t want to put my friends at risk. I went to a drugstore for a Rapid Covid Test and tested positive for Covid, so I voluntarily quarantined. Better safe than sorry.

13 minutes ago, simplybill said:

My symptoms were very mild, but my High School class reunion was coming up on the weekend and I didn’t want to put my friends at risk. I went to a drugstore for a Rapid Covid Test and tested positive for Covid, so I voluntarily quarantined. Better safe than sorry.

Didn´t you know that there was a certain risk that the whole world would be forced into lockdown just because you tested positive? Billions of people might have starved to death because they would not be able to leave their house and get food. Schools all over the world might have closed just because you tested positive, and the parents of all those children driven mad by the presence of their bored and unruly progeny.

Edited by Ell
forgotten word

Its aliens.

Or Venus, or a flock of seagulls or  balloon...

Wait, what, a balloon? Again? They'll never buy that bunkum. OK, well dust off the balloon propaganda again....

On 7/1/2022 at 11:35 PM, simplybill said:

[ . . . . ]

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to how Covid affects different people.

[ . . . . ]

There are people who have natural immunity, so that even though they are exposed to the Covid-19 virus, they don't get sick at all.

Medical scientists should study these people, to find out what is in them that accounts for their immunity, and produce that something, to put into the body of 'normal' people, instead of endless vaccinations.

• Like 1