Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A book of poetry written to communicate with aliens

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

If you were to attempt to communicate with an alien lifeform, what would you want to say? And, just as importantly, how would you say it? It’s a question that has inspired countless science fiction stories and fueled real debate between scientists involved in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI). 

Now, a digital artist and academic has produced his own answer with a collection of mind-bending poems written in an artificial language that was designed for alien communications.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgpqxk/how-to-write-poetry-to-communicate-with-aliens

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

“I do wonder, in his heart of hearts, whether [Freudenthal] really imagined [Lincos] being used, or whether it was more an intellectual exercise for a human audience, which in many respects, a lot of alien messages really are,” Carter said. “They are not for them, out there. They are for us. They are our attempts at expressing ourselves to the wider cosmos, because the chances of us sending a message out there and it being received and understood is so infinitesimally low as to be almost meaningless.”

Communication would need to be in simple Universal Terms.

I actually wrote a book of poetry...The Dan Fisher Book of Cosmic Poetry  It isn't online or anything, and I only had maybe twenty hard back copies made...

But it wasn't for aliens, it was ...for me...just as Carter expressed above.

An Alien Poetry Book might look like:

1. The primary colors

2.  The first ten numbers with identifiable objects such as rocks 1 = one rock  2 = two rocks etc.

3.  A photo booklet of making out...from kissing...to...to nine months pregnant ...to birth...to adolescence..to adult.

4. Photos of different vehicles with people using them.

5.  Photos of nuclear explosions.

....feel free to add....

• Like 1

Hum, if some entity was in front of me, alien, spookie, crypto, ?

That i felt like i could try to communicate with i would likely just, whats up?

Even my cats get that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

Hum, if some entity was in front of me, alien, spookie, crypto, ?

That i felt like i could try to communicate with i would likely just, whats up?

Even my cats get that.

Most likely what ever you said would sound to the alien like Mooooo...and then suddenly he is thinking about throwing you on the grill.