Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man sets fire to church because his wife kept donating to it

Still Waters

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

On the morning of June 26, a fire broke out at the Church of St. Basil the Great in the village of Pargolovo, Russia’s Saint Petersburg district. The fire quickly engulfed the wooden roof and walls of the building, and the entire place would have probably burned to a crisp until the firefighters arrived, if the parishioners didn’t put the fire out themselves. Still, the damage was considerable, and local news outlets reported that many of the locals had tears in their eyes as they looked at their local place of worship. But that sadness quickly turned to anger directed at the man responsible for the devastation.

https://www.odditycentral.com/news/man-sets-fire-to-church-because-his-wife-kept-donating-to-it.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

I understand where he's coming from.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I have to admit, I'm a bit torn on this one.  He was killing himself working and she was giving most of it to a church?  Sounds like they had a "failure to communicate".  I'm glad it wasn't another horrific story of him going nuts and killing the family, then himself.  They should sentence him to helping to rebuild the church as his punishment and he should find a marriage counselor or an attorney.

• Like 3

“He worked 24/7, they have four children and his wife works at the church. Everything he earned, she brought to the temple,” the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper reported. “Because of this, they had a conflict. He realized that he would either do something to his wife or burn the temple.” 

Everything he earned, she brought to the temple...

So, this woman preferred to live in poverty  and starve her children just to lard her church.

She needs a shrink, not a priest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

They should sentence him to helping to rebuild the church

I don't think that would be a great idea.

If I had been that guy, I would gladly 'help' rebuild the church. It would probably collapse 'for unknown reasons' after a couple of months.

Mind you: that church must have known that woman who donated quite a lot of money. They must have also known her husband worked like a horse to support his family.

You'd expect some priest would have wanted a chat with her about her donations to his church.

But no, that probably never happened. They could use the money, and don't care who donates it, or at what cost.

We can do without churches, mosques, synagogues and other temples because these buildings are not necessary. People can use any open space to celibrate and worship.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

My neighbor's wife left him  because her minister didn't like him (because he didn't tithe like she did).   Burning down a chruch is extremely idiotic way to ignore the real issue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

My neighbor's wife left him  because her minister didn't like him (because he didn't tithe like she did).   Burning down a chruch is extremely idiotic way to ignore the real issue.

Desperate people do desperate deeds.