Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 officers killed, 4 others hurt when man opens fire on police serving warrant in Kentucky

Still Waters

4 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

I'm quoting LEO's and lawyers, so I feel my argument is justified. Quote: "Officers are trained to shoot until the threat they perceive, and or reasonably believe is present, has ended," said Lance LoRusso, a lawyer who specializes in use-of-force cases". I may not be LEO, but my opinions are based on the legal opinions of legal experts. 

And yes, I am making assertions about the investigation before it's been completed - it's called having an opinion. If the investigation turns up that the officers acted inappropriately I will be the first to change my tune and condemn them. But until then, I believe the officers acted appropriately within the law. 

It's not too different to what you guys are doing - offering opinions on the guilt/innocence of the officers before the investigation is complete. 

It looks like many shots were fired after Walker was lying motionless on the ground.  It is normal to shoot past colleagues?  The flash alleged to be the shot from within the is not visible.  Bodycam footage of a steering wheel shows nothing.

I haven't found the Akron PD manual yet.  Other departments have their policies available to public.

This is the first time in the the department has referred a case to an external criminal investigator.

Maybe things aren't as clear as you wish them to be.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

...Reading between the lines is a subjective experience not shared by all.

Neither is aiming between the buns

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Maybe things aren't as clear as you wish them to be.

Maybe they aren't as clear, in which case I trust that to be explored in the investigation. Until then, I am as free to believe they acted appropriately as any of the other members here who have gone on record to argue the police acted inappropriately. 

Who knows, maybe things aren't as muddy as you wish them to be???

2 hours ago, Autistocrates said:

Neither is aiming between the buns

Hi Aut

Odd comment 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Maybe they aren't as clear, in which case I trust that to be explored in the investigation. Until then, I am as free to believe they acted appropriately as any of the other members here who have gone on record to argue the police acted inappropriately. 

Who knows, maybe things aren't as muddy as you wish them to be???

Maybe.  Maybe, it's open to to interpretation. 

I really would npt know.  I'm Australian and I'm not familiar with the respect of a DA trying to appease to the voting public. 

Maybe you as a Sydeysider might be be able to give a valued insight to desires Akron residents.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

A little off-topic, but I was just reading some back issues of Science News and came across in Article by Aimee Cunningham in the September 2017 issue.

Between 2006 and 2014 there were 705,000 people admitted to emergency rooms with gunshot wounds.  Of these, 348,691 (40.5%) were due to assaults; 248,938 (35.3%) were accidental; 52,467 (7.5%) were undetermined; 37,653 were attempted suicide and 17,167 were inflicted by police.

These were the people who survived long enough to make it to the emergency room.  We are not even considering the number killed in that time.

Doug