Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Several people killed in shooting in Copenhagen shopping mall as one arrested

Still Waters

Police in Denmark say several people have been hit by gunshots at a shopping mall in Copenhagen.

The shooting took place at the Field's shopping centre, one of the largest in Scandinavia.

"One person has been arrested in connection with the shootings," Copenhagen police tweeted, adding: "We currently cannot reveal more about the person's identity."

https://news.sky.com/story/danish-police-responding-to-reports-of-a-shooting-in-shopping-mall-12645139

• Sad 7

• The title was changed to Several people killed in shooting in Copenhagen shopping mall as one arrested

I Love Denmark and the Danes My heart goes out to you !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

One article I read says the Danish Police shot the gunman, and another says he's been taken into custody!

• Like 3

I love Denmark, I think mainly because of my memories of Hans Christian Andersen.

I don't know what the answer is :cry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, acute said:

One article I read says the Danish Police shot the gunman, and another says he's been taken into custody!

The latest is that there are three people dead and a 22 year old man is in police custody. 

As this is still very much an ongoing police operation there are not many details. We will probably get more information tomorrow. In cases like this the police tend to only give information that they have verified.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

He's been charged with murder.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62034089

Excerpts from the article:

"Police said the suspect had mental health issues and there is no indication of a terror motive."

"The suspect will be remanded in a closed psychiatric ward for 24 days, authorities said."

• Like 2

Copenhagen shootings suspect uploaded YouTube videos of him holding guns day before shopping centre attack

Accompanying one video, the uploader wrote "Quetiapine doesn't work" referencing an anti-psychotic drug licensed in Denmark to treat schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depression.

https://news.sky.com/story/copenhagen-shootings-suspect-uploaded-youtube-videos-of-him-holding-guns-day-before-shopping-centre-attack-12645617

• Like 2