Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Multiple people shot at 4th of July parade in Illinois

susieice

I watched a couple of his videos. In one “on my mind” he makes a subtle nod to school shootings. The video is set in a classroom and at one point he reaches into a bag by his desk and then the screen goes black for a second or two. The song and video change in tone at that point. In the next scene he is wearing a black helmet of some sort. There isn’t any imagery of guns but he does press a button labeled “fire”. It’s difficult to describe.

The video for “like a sleepwalker” is a short collage of clips apparently from previous videos. The lyrics suggest he was planning a life-altering event that he had no power to stop -

My actions will be valiant and my thought is unnecessary. I know what I have to do, I know what's in it, not only for me, but for everyone else.

"There is no past or future, just the now. It is more abstract than I can ever imagine. I can feel the atmosphere pushing me in. It's unstoppable, like a wave pulling me under, I can't breathe without it.

"I need to leave now, I need to just do it. It is my destiny, everything has led up to this," Crimo says. "Nothing can stop me, not even myself. Is there such thing as free will, or has this been planned out, like a cosmic recipe?"

https://sandrarose.com/2022/07/police-arrest-rapper-in-fourth-of-july-parade-shooting-in-illinois/

• Sad 1

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/04/us/highland-park-illinois-shooting-july-4-parade/index.html

Robert E. Crimo III, a person of interest in a mass shooting at a parade that left six dead and sent more than two dozen people to hospitals, has been taken into custody near Lake Forest, Illinois, authorities said during a brief news conference Monday night.

Authorities said Crimo was spotted by a North Chicago officer who attempted a traffic stop. Crimo led officers on a brief chase before being stopped. He was taken into custody without incident and will be transferred to the police department in Highland Park, where the deadly shooting occurred earlier Monday.
Crimo has not been named as a suspect. When asked, authorities said he remains a "person of interest" while they investigate and positively connect him to the scene.

A total of 26 patients were received at Highland Park Hospital, according to Dr. Brigham Temple, the medical director of the NorthShore University Health System. The patients ranged in age from 8 years old to 85 years old -- four or five were children, according to Temple.
He said 19 of the 25 gunshot victims were treated and have been discharged. There were gunshot wounds to extremities as well as more central parts of bodies, he added.
  • Like 3

*snip*

He's the guy the second to the right.

Edited by Saru
Image removed due to copyright
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

He's the guy the second to the right.

He is dressed as Waldo…beyond that you can probably spot some differences between him and the Trump supporters.

Maybe he was a Trump supporter? I don’t know but I doubt it.  Shooting up a 4th of July parade isn’t exactly a super Trumpish orientation. The Political ideologies of the Christmas parade attacker makes political motive sense. A Trump supporter attacking a Fourth of July event not so much.

Whatever his motivation, apparently the political left is happy to jump to conclusions to exploit the awful incident.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

He is dressed as Waldo…beyond that you can probably spot some differences between him and the Trump supporters.

Maybe he was a Trump supporter? I don’t know but I doubt it.  Shooting up a 4th of July parade isn’t exactly a super Trumpish orientation. The Political ideologies of the Christmas parade attacker makes political motive sense. A Trump supporter attacking a Fourth of July event not so much.

Whatever his motivation, apparently the political left is happy to jump to conclusions to exploit the awful incident.

Conclusions?  I just posted pictures of the perpertrator...

• Like 1

R. I. P

Condolences to the friends, loved ones and family of the victims 

~

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Conclusions?  I just posted pictures of the perpertrator...

Where did this picture come from? Just asking.

• Like 1

Condolences, Thoughts and Prayers, to the families, friends and all of Highland Park.

Glad he's been caught. 

I wonder what kind of rifle he used?

• Like 2

To what extent are US citizens desensitised to gun violence and mass shootings of civilians?  Is it more of a quiet prayer and move on, knowing full well that the next one is around the corner, or is it willful ignorance?

Is 'responsible gun ownership' just a euphemism for 'guns - no matter the cost'? 

I presume that some change is necessary - or is just part and parcel of being American?

• Like 4

To be fair... AFAIK this was a hunting rifle, which can be personally owned is almost all "gun ban" countries. Australia and Norway, i know from past research allow ownership of rifles under many various induvidual conditions.

Regardless, his motive will be more enlightening then his weapon. He could have just as easily used a car to wound and kill.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vox said:

To what extent are US citizens desensitised to gun violence and mass shootings of civilians?  Is it more of a quiet prayer and move on, knowing full well that the next one is around the corner, or is it willful ignorance?

Is 'responsible gun ownership' just a euphemism for 'guns - no matter the cost'? 

I presume that some change is necessary - or is just part and parcel of being American?

I'd say it is desensitization. We get bombarded by the mass shooter stories, which is horrible, no mistaking, but many also know of the dozens, or hundreds, being killed every weekend, and every day. Often in minority on minority crime. Which does NOT make the news. Even the "Anti-Gun" people seemingly ignore those killed who aren't killed by a mass shooter, or a assault rifle. Or... by the cops.

How can anyone take the screaming ban advocates seriously when they only scream about highly specific instances and ignore the other 95% of deaths.

It also is clear that even though who do something, such as the recent Federal gun legislation, are doing so CHIEFLY out of political consideration, and not out of altruism.  This is almost more disturbing then the murders. Our elected protectors purposefully doing the minimum, just to shut up the public outcry.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vox said:

To what extent are US citizens desensitised to gun violence and mass shootings of civilians? 

Also to the hundreds shot each week in inner cities.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, susieice said:

Where did this picture come from? Just asking.

The pictures of him at the Trump rally and the picture of him wearing the Trump flag as a cape originated from his Twitter account.  Apparently, they are copyrighted now?

Sounds like he got the gun legally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Vox said:

Not even close. For 99% it’s the same for us as it is for you. Something we heard about in the news. 

Twitter is A BLAZE with the blame game, The left is sure he’s an “ardent Trump supporter” and the right is sure he’s Antifa. I don’t think I’ve see satisfactory evidence to either conclusion. 

There are photos of him at Trump rallies and one of him draped in a MAGA flag, There is also one of him wearing a PePe the frog “sad boys” sweatshirt. At the Trump rallies he’s dressed as Waldo. This could be connected to a Jimmy Kimmel joke https://lastnighton.com/2017/06/16/kimmel-says-trump-always-playing-wheres-waldo/ Someone also suggested the image of him draped in the flag stepping onto a chair is him mocking Ashli Babbitt as she stepped through the widow (draped in the MAGA flag) before getting shot. 

On the other side, he certainly doesn’t fit look like your average Trump Supporter. There are images of him in various EMO outfits, sporting pig-tails, face and neck tattoos. Predominately behind his eye he has a “47” tattoo. It was suggested this might reference the “47 society” or even to a Trump win in 2024. There are also additional photos of him wearing the black tactical-looking helmet he wore in his music video that eludes to a school shooting, There is a screen shot of his social media that contains the Antifa logo. I suspect it could have been photoshopped but I don’t know either way. He was wearing all black when he was arrested. 

In the end of May he posted to Facebook “you are all sinners”.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Twitter is A BLAZE with the blame game, The left is sure he’s an “ardent Trump supporter” and the right is sure he’s Antifa. I don’t think I’ve see satisfactory evidence to either conclusion. 

There are photos of him at Trump rallies and one of him draped in a MAGA flag, There is also one of him wearing a PePe the frog “sad boys” sweatshirt. At the Trump rallies he’s dressed as Waldo. This could be connected to a Jimmy Kimmel joke https://lastnighton.com/2017/06/16/kimmel-says-trump-always-playing-wheres-waldo/ Someone also suggested the image of him draped in the flag stepping onto a chair is him mocking Ashli Babbitt as she stepped through the widow (draped in the MAGA flag) before getting shot. 

On the other side, he certainly doesn’t fit look like your average Trump Supporter. There are images of him in various EMO outfits, sporting pig-tails, face and neck tattoos. Predominately behind his eye he has a “47” tattoo. It was suggested this might reference the “47 society” or even to a Trump win in 2024. There are also additional photos of him wearing the black tactical-looking helmet he wore in his music video that eludes to a school shooting, There is a screen shot of his social media that contains the Antifa logo. I suspect it could have been photoshopped but I don’t know either way. He was wearing all black when he was arrested. 

In the end of May he posted to Facebook “you are all sinners”.

What we do know id that he is an idiot and doesn't deserve to live.  I don't care who he supports.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, acute said:

So, what do you think is the unique problem in the USA?

:whistle:

Er, let me think  . . . . could it possibly be the widespread availability of firearms and oh, I don't know . . . . the misuse of prescribed drugs on the very young? :cry: 

• Like 3

At Least 71 Shot Over July 4th Weekend in Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s Chicago

…..The Chicago gun crime was slightly lower than what was witnessed over July 4th during 2021, when over 100 people were shot, 19 of them fatall……

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/05/at-least-71-shot-over-july-4th-weekend-in-mayor-lori-lightfoots-chicago/

More than 50 People Shot over July 4th Weekend in Eric Adams’ New York City

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/05/more-than-50-people-shot-july-4th-weekend-eric-adams-new-york-city/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Suspected Highland Park parade gunman planned shooting for weeks and disguised himself in women's clothes, police say

Authorities believe the suspected gunman in the deadly shooting at a Fourth of July parade in Highland Park, Illinois, planned the attack several weeks in advance. The suspect wore women's clothing as a disguise and blended into the crowd after allegedly attacking paradegoers from a rooftop, killing seven and hurting dozens more, police said during a press conference Tuesday.

cont...

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/highland-park-shooting-illinois-watch-live-stream-today-2022-07-05/

• Like 1

Another victim has passed away today taking the toll to 7. The number of injured has risen to 47.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/injuries-in-highland-park-fourth-of-july-parade-mass-shooting-rise-to-38/3761572/

• Like 2

Again, a history of suicidal thoughts and very active on numerous social media platforms with violent videos posted since 2019. LE says they were never alerted to any of it and so Crimo was able to purchase his weapons legally. 

Police said it was an AK-15 that they recovered from the roof where the shots came from.

https://apnews.com/article/highland-park-chicago-shooting-updates-4e9e0cf0aaa9954ae4fee30c5dd28bc8

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Looks sort of incelish?:

[img]https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/07/highland-park-shooter-522.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1023[/img] [img]https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/07/highland-park-shooter-567.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1535[/img] [img]https://d.newsweek.com/en/full/2071484/robert-bobby-e-crimo.webp?w=790&f=b2bc9cb08454b68b17c11f9570b12649[/img]

highland-park-shooter-522.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1023

highland-park-shooter-567.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1535

robert-bobby-e-crimo.webp?w=790&f=b2bc9cb08454b68b17c11f9570b12649

Edited by Autistocrates

On 7/5/2022 at 4:09 AM, Vox said:

If you're American you pretty much have to come to terms with the fact that at any point, no matter where you are, you have the risk of being shot and killed and that no matter what nothing is going to change about that. 

• Like 2