Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Multiple people shot at 4th of July parade in Illinois

susieice

On 7/5/2022 at 6:49 PM, susieice said:

Again, a history of suicidal thoughts and very active on numerous social media platforms with violent videos posted since 2019. LE says they were never alerted to any of it and so Crimo was able to purchase his weapons legally. 

Police said it was an AK-15 that they recovered from the roof where the shots came from.

https://apnews.com/article/highland-park-chicago-shooting-updates-4e9e0cf0aaa9954ae4fee30c5dd28bc8

Background checks need to be expanded to include social media posts that mention suicide or potential violence. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Background checks need to be expanded to include social media posts that mention suicide or potential violence. 

That's a violation of the 4th Amendment.  And it all depends on the reviewer.  If the reviewer is liberal and the subject is conservative, then they are guilty.  Don't know of what but they are guilty of something and needs to have everything striped from them and sent to a reeducation camp.  Yeah, I don't think so.  Any one of us could be flagged for anything we say.  I'd have no problem having you committed and likewise, I'm sure you would love to see me gone.  And how is that going to stop anything?  It's just going to add to the turmoil.  Human nature is not static.  No one knows when they will snap?  The best way to soothe the volatility of human nature is to go back to the Constitution, to "insure domestic Tranquility".  That's creating an environment conducive to tranquility.  That doesn't include weaponizing the government against the people.  That doesn't include infringing in people's lives.  Those that go off, usually have lost hope.  This current environment is very scarce on hope.

On 7/4/2022 at 1:20 PM, spartan max2 said:

Its so ****ed up.

I legitimately have the thought now of when going to a large public event that their may be a shooter 

Everywhere we go, we eye the crowds and nearby buildings.  But we’ve done that all along anyway.  We are just naturally distrustful of crowds.  Just recently, Charlie Kirk had a speaking engagement here, at a church.  Our heads were on a swivel.  BTW, he had a good message about the deterioration of our society, but things are changing for the better.  This was just after the SCOTUS decisions returning rights and freedoms back to the people and the states.  We are starting to open carry when we can (we didn’t at the church).  Going to the shooting range more often.  Just being prepared overall.

On 7/4/2022 at 4:45 PM, The Silver Shroud said:

It amazes me that Americans accept this as everyday life. "What's the weather forecast today?" "It's going to rain this afternoon, by the way, don't go to Walmarts, someone is killing people there today".

It is an unfortunate tragedy losing a life to a deranged shooter, but mass killings are not all that great in number.  There are more killed in the heat of passion (one-on-one).  It’s just that the MSM milks the scariness of the terms “mass shooting” or “assault weapon” to elicit an emotion for the purpose of coercion.  How many people here are really familiar with an AR15?  Life has risks (you have more of a risk from dying from other means than a bullet) and this should be one unpleasantness that we shoulder, in order to secure our liberty and freedoms.  A government runs over the rights of a disarmed population, like what is happening in the Netherlands.  A government should never be allowed to do that.  Losing one’s liberty is far more tragic than losing one’s life.  A truly free minded people think this way.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

It is an unfortunate tragedy losing a life to a deranged shooter, but mass killings are not all that great in number.  There are more killed in the heat of passion (one-on-one).  It’s just that the MSM milks the scariness of the terms “mass shooting” or “assault weapon” to elicit an emotion for the purpose of coercion.  How many people here are really familiar with an AR15?  Life has risks (you have more of a risk from dying from other means than a bullet) and this should be one unpleasantness that we shoulder, in order to secure our liberty and freedoms.  A government runs over the rights of a disarmed population, like what is happening in the Netherlands.  A government should never be allowed to do that.  Losing one’s liberty is far more tragic than losing one’s life.  A truly free minded people think this way.

314 this year so far isn’t that big a number? https://www.insider.com/number-of-mass-shootingsin-america-this-year-2022-5

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

314 this year so far isn’t that big a number? https://www.insider.com/number-of-mass-shootingsin-america-this-year-2022-5

314 out of 350 million is nothing.  How many were murdered in Chicago last year alone?  600k die annually from cancer in this country.  The media focuses on the 314 more than any other group, where there are far more deaths.  Why?  Why do you allow yourself to be suaded so easily?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now the father may be charged for sponsoring his son's gun application. Dad says he had no indication that his son would do this. This was after the suicide threat and threatening to kill members of the family.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/highland-park-parade-shooters-father-culpable-sons-attack/story?id=86355888

Crimo also told police he had driven to Madison, Wisconsin after the Illinois shooting and thought about attacking a celebration there but decided against it because he hadn't planned it out well.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7/6/23196101/highland-park-mass-shooting-suspect-robert-crimo-iii-ordered-held-without-bond

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

314 out of 350 million is nothing.  How many were murdered in Chicago last year alone?  600k die annually from cancer in this country.  The media focuses on the 314 more than any other group, where there are far more deaths.  Why?  Why do you allow yourself to be suaded so easily?

It's a huge number and unacceptable. 

You're view is why people should not have guns. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Because we’re doing a lot to cure cancer and you’re “thoughts and prayers” and “keep your heads on a swivel” when it comes to being shot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Because we’re doing a lot to cure cancer and you’re “thoughts and prayers” and “keep your heads on a swivel” when it comes to being shot.

That's "Pro-life" for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I don't think you are right. Pewresearch says 30% of childrens deaths involve firearms, including suicide and accidental death as well as being deliberately shot. This Time article (2019) says cancer and heart disease cause more fatalities than guns, but those diseases are the consequence of aging- they are natural causes. Car crashes caused slightly more deaths than shooting. Gun deaths are by far the easiest to prevent- just make it illegal to carry guns in public places. Gun owners should demonstate a reason for having a gun, and should use them in permitted places- hunting or shooting ranges. Guns should be securely stored in a locked case at home and in a car.

Statistically, the average American has a greater risk of dying from heart disease or cancer than from a firearm, according to the National Safety Council. Car crashes also kill about the same number of people in the U.S. as guns do each year, CDC statistics show. In 2017, firearms killed 39,773 people and traffic deaths killed 38,659; in 2016, firearms killed 38,658 and traffic deaths totaled 38,748. Other figures also paint a stark reality of the uniquely American threat. People in the U.S. are 25 times more likely to die from gun homicide than people in other wealthy countries, a 2016 study in the American Journal of Medicine found. In 2017, the most recent year with available data, nearly 40,000 people in the U.S. died from firearm injuries, more than eight times the number of U.S. military members who died overseas during Operation Iraqi Freedom between 2003 and 2010.

How Likely Is the Risk of Being Shot in America? It Depends | Time

Texas School Shooting: Guns are Top Cause of Death for U.S. Children (healthline.com)

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

A government runs over the rights of a disarmed population, like what is happening in the Netherlands.  A government should never be allowed to do that.  Losing one’s liberty is far more tragic than losing one’s life.  A truly free minded people think this way.

I don't quite understand this. Do you mean it is right to be able to shoot a government official occasionally? Or just on special occasions like the Capital insurrection? I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't see how having a gun helps/protects you from the government, unless you do mean it gives you the right to kill officials?

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I don't quite understand this. Do you mean it is right to be able to shoot a government official occasionally? Or just on special occasions like the Capital insurrection? I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't see how having a gun helps/protects you from the government, unless you do mean it gives you the right to kill officials?

It means that the thought of an armed population would deter the government from going full Fascist. Because Billie-Joe and his mates are equal to the armed forces

(ohh but the armed forces would never turn traitor to the people, they swear to defend the constitution after all, I hear you say. well… why do you need the guns again if it’ll never happen? Ohh just in case the government goes full Fascist.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Yea I think your right actually, I mean why care it’s not your loved one that is kinda the same way I would feel if you knew the people it’s no skin off my knee!:yes:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

It is an unfortunate tragedy losing a life to a deranged shooter, but mass killings are not all that great in number.

Wow you say that with so much gusto, yet you would be playing a totally different toon if one of them were your loved one, guarantee It!;) You also know that those with little or no empathy are classified as having a mental disorder don’t you?

There are more killed in the heat of passion (one-on-one).  It’s just that the MSM milks the scariness of the terms “mass shooting” or “assault weapon” to elicit an emotion for the purpose of coercion.  How many people here are really familiar with an AR15? 

I am very familiar with an AR-15, 50 Cal Barrett Sniper Rifle,  the Barretta M9, and many other wonderful military grade weapons so what’s your question??:yes:

Life has risks (you have more of a risk from dying from other means than a bullet) and this should be one unpleasantness that we shoulder, in order to secure our liberty and freedoms.  A government runs over the rights of a disarmed population, like what is happening in the Netherlands.  A government should never be allowed to do that

Losing one’s liberty is far more tragic than losing one’s life.  A truly free minded people think this way.

Oh really tell us when you have ever risked your life for America, I will not let this pass because such comments are an insult to to 100% disabled Veterans like myself. So, please take your time and answer this with an event that explains why you would make such claims, because there is one thing for certain your posts don’t back up your heroic comments and that’s for certain!:no:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Wow you say that with so much gusto, yet you would be playing a totally different toon if one of them were your loved one, guarantee It!;) You also know that those with little or no empathy are classified as having a mental disorder don’t you?

I am very familiar with an AR-15, 50 Cal Barrett Sniper Rifle,  the Barretta M9, and many other wonderful military grade weapons so what’s your question??:yes:

Oh really tell us when you have ever risked your life for America, I will not let this pass because such comments are an insult to to 100% disabled Veterans like myself. So, please take your time and answer this with an event that explains why you would make such claims, because there is one thing for certain your posts don’t back up your heroic comments and that’s for certain!:no:

Listening to Charlie Kirk is already a huge risk to someonse brain, so you gotta give him some slack in risk taking for his country.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It means that the thought of an armed population would deter the government from going full Fascist. Because Billie-Joe and his mates are equal to the armed forces

Who's Billie-Joe?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, odas said:

Listening to Charlie Kirk is already a huge risk to someonse brain, so you gotta give him some slack in risk taking for his country.

No actually I don’t have to give HER any slack at all, people like that lined the streets of Berlin and Nuremberg saluting their new leader as he road by in1934 when Hitler took power in Germany! It’s very important to never forget the past my brother because if we do history will repeat itself just like it’s doing in the Ukraine as we speak!:tu:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Who's Billie-Joe?

Not laughing at you, buts that’s a great question !:D

• Like 1

That’s actually the funniest thing I have heard in my entire life!:clap::lol::P:D Hell that’s funnier than a loud fart in Church!:lol:

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Not laughing at you, buts that’s a great question !:D

Yeah, I know the answer and know that it was only used in a stereotypical and maybe racist way.   Similar to if I used "Leroy" to describe a shooter in an inner city.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yeah, I know the answer and know that it was only used in a stereotypical and maybe racist way.   Similar to if I used "Leroy" to describe a shooter in an inner city.  

Yep, pretty sad actually!:yes:

17 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The public concept of a mass shooting usually revolves around the idea that random people are attacked by a gunman in a public space. The source of the number of shootings in your article considers any shooting that involves 4 or more victims to be a “mass shooting”. That can (and does) involve gang violence, domestic violence, theoretically even accidents. 

“FOUR or more shot and/or killed in a single event [incident], at the same general time and location  not including the shooter”

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/methodology

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

If you're American you pretty much have to come to terms with the fact that at any point, no matter where you are, you have the risk of being shot and killed and that no matter what nothing is going to change about that. 

Getting randomly shot isn’t the big threat it might be perceived as. You are more likely to die every time you get in a car. Pretty sure most Americans get in their cars without much nail biting.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081.amp

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/early-estimate-2021-traffic-fatalities

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two illegal immigrants, 52-year-old Julio Alvarado-Dubon and 38-year-old Rolman Balacarcel, were arrested and charged with being a non-U.S. citizens in possession of a gun after police uncovered a plot that the duo planned a mass shooting at Richmond's July 4 celebration Monday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/potential-richmond-july-4-mass-shooters-charged-noncitizens-possession-firearm-police-say.amp

• Like 1