Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tory MP reported Chris Pincher for being drunk mid-afternoon before groping attack

Silver

I think he may have a problem with alcohol:

Senior Tory MP Caroline Nokes claimed she reported Chris Pincher for being ‘drunk in the middle of the afternoon’ last Tuesday – 24 hours before his alleged groping attack.

But nothing was done, she said late last night.

Nokes shared on TalkTV that she witnessed the former Deputy Chief Whip, Chris Pincher, ‘drunk in the middle of the afternoon’ at a meeting last Tuesday where she ‘could smell alcohol on him.’

Nokes said she reported the matter to a ‘a very senior of the party on the Tuesday’ but had ‘no response’ from the Chief Whip’s office.

This comes after Pincher resigned from his role in government last week, following allegations he groped two men in a Mayfair private members club.

Tory MP Caroline Nokes reported Chris Pincher for being drunk mid-afternoon, 24 hours before groping attack (archive.ph)

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Haha 1

Simon McDonald, a top civil servant of 40 years' standing, has bulldozed through Number 10's defences of Chris Pincher this morning, leaving the prime minister exposed. 

The former permanent secretary at the Foreign Office says a complaint was made by civil servants about Mr Pincher's behaviour when he was Europe minister in October 2019; that the complaint was similar to those reported last week – alleged groping of two men – and that an investigation upheld it.

Therefore the statement by Boris Johnson's spokesman on Friday that he gave Mr Pincher the job of deputy chief whip in the absence of any formal complaint was "not true", Lord McDonald says. 

And Downing Street's different response yesterday that any complaints the prime minister knew about had been resolved, done and dusted in other words, was "not accurate either" because Mr Pincher was not exonerated – the complaint was upheld, and he was given a warning. 

Politics live: 'Huge development' as Boris Johnson 'exposed' by explosive letter on Chris Pincher | Politics News | Sky News

Edited by The Silver Shroud

To be honest at this point I'm so numb to Boris Johnson's dishonesty that nothing surprises me any more - it's impossible to believe anything he says.

• Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, Saru said:

To be honest at this point I'm so numb to Boris Johnson's dishonesty that nothing surprises me any more - it's impossible to believe anything he says.

The fact that he's a politician doesn't help.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Saru said:

Build Back Better tickles me. Or the time he said the government wasn't corrupt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saru said:

Well, in the grand scheme of things, if Blair can lie to parliament & the whole country with the result that hundreds of thousand of innocent civilians lose their lives and still stay in the job I'm sure Boris can survive. :tu:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Well, in the grand scheme of things, if Blair can lie to parliament & the whole country with the result that hundreds of thousand of innocent civilians lose their lives and still stay in the job I'm sure Boris can survive. :tu:

Boris Johnson surviving until the next election will be a gift to the opposition parties - he damages the Tories' chances of re-election every day he remains in office.

Why do you think the Tory rebels are so desperate to get rid of him ?

17 minutes ago, Saru said:

Boris Johnson surviving until the next election will be a gift to the opposition parties - he damages the Tories' chances of re-election every day he remains in office.

Why do you think the Tory rebels are so desperate to get rid of him ?

To some extent I agree with you. Hopefully he will make way to a real Conservative, he has tended to pander to the activists & the woke far too much, almost as much as Starmer, probably his new wifes influence.

Edited by itsnotoutthere