Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

post pic in status update


the13bats
 Share

Recommended Posts

How do i post pix in my status update?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Posted (edited)

Open the image in a new tab (so it's alone). Copy the URL then paste it to the box for the status update.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have yet to work out how to post a status update :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2022 at 9:00 PM, L.A.T.1961 said:

I have yet to work out how to post a status update :blink:

If you're on a phone, click on the 3 horizontal bars at the top right of your screen, just below where it says Activity.

On the screen that opens, click on Account. A new screen opens, then click on Profile.

Then scroll down till you see "Write a public message on your own feed".

0000

Or... go to the page where all the forums are listed:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/

and scroll down till you see Recent Status Updates. Start typing where it says "what's on your mind?"

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Abramelin said:

If you're on a phone, click on the 3 horizontal bars at the top right of your screen, just below where it says Activity.

On the screen that opens, click on Account. A new screen opens, then click on Profile.

Then scroll down till you see "Write a public message on your own feed".

0000

Or... go to the page where all the forums are listed:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/

and scroll down till you see Recent Status Updates. Start typing where it says "what's on your mind?"

Thanks. I am using a desk top machine. The option to click on  "what's on your mind?" is not there. I have tried changing zoom setting which sometimes shows text that had been missing but this has not worked, using 100% zoom on browser currently. 

If I go into my profile page there is no option there for making status updates that I can see.

I can click on others updates and comment.

Using Chrome browser. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Thanks. I am using a desk top machine. The option to click on  "what's on your mind?" is not there. I have tried changing zoom setting which sometimes shows text that had been missing but this has not worked, using 100% zoom on browser currently. 

If I go into my profile page there is no option there for making status updates that I can see.

I can click on others updates and comment.

Using Chrome browser. ?

I use FireFox, but I have no experience with Chrome.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Thanks. I am using a desk top machine. The option to click on  "what's on your mind?" is not there. I have tried changing zoom setting which sometimes shows text that had been missing but this has not worked, using 100% zoom on browser currently. 

If I go into my profile page there is no option there for making status updates that I can see.

I can click on others updates and comment.

Using Chrome browser. ?

Just to be sure.

The next is a link to the forum list:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/

And the next is a screenshot on my phone of what I see when I scroll down:

Screenshot_20220710-150558_Firefox.thumb.jpg.2552a3ab8099a05163eb16d5d10fbfb9.jpg

What do YOU see?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Just to be sure.

The next is a link to the forum list:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/

And the next is a screenshot on my phone of what I see when I scroll down:

Screenshot_20220710-150558_Firefox.thumb.jpg.2552a3ab8099a05163eb16d5d10fbfb9.jpg

What do YOU see?

 

I don't see the open box below the blue heading bar. Just the heading bar and the latest post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I don't see the open box below the blue heading bar. Just the heading bar and the latest post. 

I was thinking of an add blocker creating your problem. Do you use one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I was thinking of an add blocker creating your problem. Do you use one?

Yes, Adblock plus.

This is what I see.

Screenshot (1).png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have turned off Adblock and it makes no difference. :hmm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Yes, Adblock plus.

This is what I see.

Screenshot (1).png

Ok, last try.

Do you see the 'wheel' to the right of Recent Status Updates?

Click on it, and a dropdown menu appears. With a bit of luck you'll get an option to enter an update. I don't have that option on that dropdown menu, but maybe you have.

If that doesn't work, ask @acute

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
7 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Ok, last try.

Do you see the 'wheel' to the right of Recent Status Updates?

Click on it, and a dropdown menu appears. With a bit of luck you'll get an option to enter an update. I don't have that option on that dropdown menu, but maybe you have.

If that doesn't work, ask @acute

This is in the drop down box when the wheel is pressed. No posting option. Thanks for the input. 

 

 

Screenshot (2).png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2022 at 8:00 PM, L.A.T.1961 said:

I have yet to work out how to post a status update :blink:

I'm at least 51% certain, there's a setting that enables/disables your own status updates.

If you ask @Saru nicely, he will change it for you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2022 at 6:49 PM, the13bats said:

How do i post pix in my status update?

Are you using UM on a phone? The options are different on my laptop vs. my Android phone.

This is the only way that works for me in the Status Updates section when using my phone....

On 7/5/2022 at 6:55 PM, XenoFish said:

Open the image in a new tab (so it's alone). Copy the URL then paste it to the box for the status update.

.....but sometimes I have to paste the image link, delete it, then paste it again!

 

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, acute said:

I'm at least 51% certain, there's a setting that enables/disables your own status updates.

If you ask @Saru nicely, he will change it for you.

Thanks. :tu:

@Saru, would you mind awfully and have a look at this for me when you have a min. Thanks. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
7 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Thanks. :tu:

@Saru, would you mind awfully and have a look at this for me when you have a min. Thanks. :D

Go into your profile, click "Edit Profile" (on mobile it's a pencil at the top right) and check the box next to "enable status updates".

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Saru said:

Go into your profile, click "Edit Profile" (on mobile it's a pencil at the top right) and check the box next to "enable status updates".

Bingo, thanks for that. I am now enabled. :tu: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.