Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal experts spooked after 'witch' hisses at them

Eldorado

Paranormal experts say they were left thoroughly spooked after going looking for the malevolent spirit of a cave-dwelling witch.

While exploring the caves of Wookey Hole, near Wells in Somerset, paranormal investigator Tony Ferguson and his team of ghost hunters claim to have heard the voice of the evil witch, who had lived in the caves some 1,000 years ago.

The group ventured into the caves at night, led by tour guide Jamie Russell, and were soon left scared out of their wits after allegedly hearing the witch for themselves.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/paranormal-experts-claim-spooked-after-27401586

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

How many "gateways to hell" are there now? You'd figure hell would've spill over due to all the open doors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

to have heard the voice of the evil witch, who had lived in the caves some 1,000 years ago.

Is this taken from the Harry Potter book?

• Like 1

I love the paranormal but the witch trope is getting seriously old. Witches weren't evil, they were portrayed as evil. Usually it was some local herbalist or midwife, who unfortunately came to some horrific end because of superstition and gossip. 

I've been watching a lot of paranormal "investigations", and they use stories of local evil witches, and the few that bother to really research end up finding out that there was no witch but there was a witch hunt. 

Bit of a rant but it is so commonplace with paranormal stories. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I believe there is dark magic that can be engaged in.

Papameter Reading

80% Paranormal Involved    10% Natural   10% Hoax

Key point: Multiple witnesses

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe there is dark magic that can be engaged in.

Papameter Reading

80% Paranormal Involved    10% Natural   10% Hoax

Key point: Multiple witnesses

Objection hearsay.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Objection hearsay.

Objection already registered with 10% Hoax estimated.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Objection already registered with 10% Hoax estimated.

You put 80% paranormal on a few peoples stories. That bias.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

You put 80% paranormal on a few peoples stories. That bias.

No, that's my judgment on human reliability and honesty in such cases.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No, that's my judgment on human reliability and honesty in such cases.

Or it just suits your agenda perhaps?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Or it just suits your agenda perhaps?

Perhaps it's my fairest assessment from being around people all my life. Most are decent, honest and reliable. And here we're talking multiple people.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Perhaps it's my fairest assessment from being around people all my life. Most are decent, honest and reliable. And here we're talking multiple people.

Its commendable you'vemet alot of honest, decent and reliable people, really is. However, not everyone is. Just because its multiple people, doesnt mean they're honest. Or if they are honest, their judgement has been clouded by the fact they're looking for the paranormal in a cave. A cave. Now since they have the paranormal on their minds, they're brain is gonna be looking for said paranormal (obviously) and there are alot of sounds in caves. So when your brain is hardwired for such an "expedition", you hear noises or see things you can't explain you're instinctively going to looking for paranormal things/explanations. Its a survival trait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Its commendable you'vemet alot of honest, decent and reliable people, really is. However, not everyone is. Just because its multiple people, doesnt mean they're honest. Or if they are honest, their judgement has been clouded by the fact they're looking for the paranormal in a cave. A cave. Now since they have the paranormal on their minds, they're brain is gonna be looking for said paranormal (obviously) and there are alot of sounds in caves. So when your brain is hardwired for such an "expedition", you hear noises or see things you can't explain you're instinctively going to looking for paranormal things/explanations. Its a survival trait.

All points I knew to consider from the start of this discussion and estimated:

10% Natural   10% Hoax

Where are we then on the ThereWeAreThen scale?

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

All points I knew to consider from the start of this discussion and estimated:

10% Natural   10% Hoax

Where are we then on the ThereWeAreThen scale?

If i was ever to use a scale or meter, I think we both know the answer to your question. :tsu:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

If i was ever to use a scale or meter, I think we both know the answer to your question. :tsu:

I'm not really that clear. Are you saying it is 0% Paranormal or what? or avoiding the question?

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I'm not really that clear. Are you saying it is 0% Paranormal or what? or avoiding the question?

Yes PG I'm saying its 0% paranormal.

2 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Yes PG I'm saying its 0% paranormal.

If that's the case on every case then you have no need for a meter, I reckon.

Well. we're only 80% different on this case then.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

If that's the case on every case then you have no need for a meter, I reckon.

Well. we're only 80% different on this case then.

If you believe a ghost witch hisses at folks do you believe she can still cast spells on people and spells are real?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

If you believe a ghost witch hisses at folks do you believe she can still cast spells on people and spells are real?

And I think we both know the answer to ths question. :P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

80% Paranormal does not mean the implied interpretation is completely correct.

As I said in my first post, I do believe in the existence of black magic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

80% Paranormal does not mean the implied interpretation is completely correct.

As I said in my first post, I do believe in the existence of black magic.

No disclaimer needed i believe we all know just how utterly unreliable flawed and open for intense scrutiny the PGM is.

I was just curious if i was correct that you likely believed witches were real as in could case spells on people.

• Like 2

There are no experts on the paranormal and if these people knew anything about it at all they wouldn't mess with or stir things up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, openozy said:

There are no experts on the paranormal and if these people knew anything about it at all they wouldn't mess with or stir things up.

On 7/5/2022 at 3:17 PM, Eldorado said:

Paranormal experts say they were left thoroughly spooked after going looking for the malevolent spirit of a cave-dwelling witch.

I just cant buy into anyone being and expert in an unproven field.

We do not agree on things like board games like ouija being portals to hell or evil or whatever but what i do believe and saw while i worked at my friends Santeria is the mind is a terrible thing to taste and if a person believes something stronly enough its real to them, no, im not making a jump to conjuring the dead or tulpas exist outside the believers mind. ( here is a wikihow, so its got to be real )

https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Tulpa

Lol. imaginary friend.

If a person believes a rabbits foot key fob is lucky it is for them, or blowing out birthday candles gets a wish or even a board game is an evil portal its all in the mind of the believer.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

If a person believes a rabbits foot key fob is lucky it is for them, or blowing out birthday candles gets a wish or even a board game is an evil portal its all in the mind of the believer.

Exactly right imo but you may be underestimating how powerful the mind can be and what it's capable of. 

• Like 3