Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Travis Walton starting to feel vindicated

Eldorado

Yes, and who could think otherwise as far as supermarket tabloids go mirror is top shelf, there sadly isnt a grain to support waltons tall tale.

As far as people wanting a pic with him, this fellow extra $$$ for decades posing for pix,

Hes the " hes got a real purdy mouth" guy from the movie deliverance.

R.b975d6769d3846c9b8b0bfb92fff5521?rik=7

He never made any claims of alien abduction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

The movie Fire In The Sky was at least a quite entertraining.

Well, yeah, i found it fun how old lost personal items from aductees was laying around,

As far as the real story no, i do not believe he was abducted.

Well, there's a little bit more to his "passing a lie detector test" story that seems to have gotten conveniently forgotten. The man is a liar and has made a tidy bit of money off perpetuating that lie.

https://michaelshermer.com/articles/travis-waltons-alien-abduction-lie-detection-test/

Just a snippet:

"Although Walton passed a polygraph test arranged by a UFO organization, Klass learned that Walton dictated to the examiner what questions would be asked. Further investigation by Klass led him to an earlier unpublished polygraph test of Walton, conducted by Jack McCarthy, one of the top polygraph examiners in Arizona. McCarthy gave Klass his assessment of Walton’s story: “Gross deception!” He added that Walton employed polygraph countermeasures, such as holding his breath."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Well, there's a little bit more to his "passing a lie detector test" story that seems to have gotten conveniently forgotten. The man is a liar and has made a tidy bit of money off perpetuating that lie.

https://michaelshermer.com/articles/travis-waltons-alien-abduction-lie-detection-test/

Just a snippet:

"Although Walton passed a polygraph test arranged by a UFO organization, Klass learned that Walton dictated to the examiner what questions would be asked. Further investigation by Klass led him to an earlier unpublished polygraph test of Walton, conducted by Jack McCarthy, one of the top polygraph examiners in Arizona. McCarthy gave Klass his assessment of Walton’s story: “Gross deception!” He added that Walton employed polygraph countermeasures, such as holding his breath."

Sure, in the first place thr orginal test wasnt really legit as walton made conditions.

It wasnt a huge shock when walton proved himself full of bull on the game show ( gee, only a profiteer would have gone that cheesy route )

MS, who i like his work said this about it,

I think the polygraph is not a reliable determiner of truth. I think Travis Walton was not abducted by aliens. In both cases, the power of deception and self-deception is all we need to understand what really happened in 1975 and after.

Hes far kinder than i am,

Imnsho walton is a charlatan.

In that link is a long message walton wrote to MS,

Here is part,

I wrote in my book that I was done addressing that aspect of it. There the matter rested until last year when I received the bad news from my employer of 11 years that over a hundred of those most recently hired (which included me) would be permanently laid off. Coincidentally I came home that day to receive a phone call from The Moment of Truth inviting me to be a contestant with the possibility of winning up to $100,000.

So he admits that the idea of grabbing easy cha ching appeals to him, lets face it he could have earned a living giving lectures, photos etc.

Then he goes on to bash the show saying how he would have if not for being wronged took down not just the show but Fox too.

In other words he epic failed a polygraph and its everyones fault but his own.

travis hoax

fraud in the sky

money brings out truth

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Trelane said:

Just a snippet:

What about the guys who witnessed it? They also passed lie detector tests as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

What about the guys who witnessed it? They also passed lie detector tests as well. 

Lie detector tests are used as evidence for reason my friend. The US Military teaches its Special Operations Personal how to beat a lie detector in case they are captured. Lie detectors are nothing worth even mentioning because anyone with a small amount of training can beat the test!

Today the technology that really Difficult to beat are Brain Scans, see the link below.

Illuminating Lies with Brain Scan Outshines Polygraph Test, Penn Study Finds: https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2016/november/illuminating-lies-with-brain-s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 4:59 AM, the13bats said:

Yes, and who could think otherwise as far as supermarket tabloids go mirror is top shelf, there sadly isnt a grain to support waltons tall tale.

As far as people wanting a pic with him, this fellow extra $$$ for decades posing for pix,

Hes the " hes got a real purdy mouth" guy from the movie deliverance.

R.b975d6769d3846c9b8b0bfb92fff5521?rik=7

He never made any claims of alien abduction.

Man that’s way to much fricken information, that was the freakiest and nastiest scene ever shown on public television it still makes me cringe!:w00t:

Edited by Manwon Lender

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Courts do not accept polygraph because they are unreliable like eye witnesses.

Polygraphs are a very about perception type thing kind of like hypnosis many educated but uninformed people do believe things like you cant lie or embellish under hypnosis or beat a polygraph both of those thoughts are wrong.

For example if i told you i saw a purple unicorn in my yard and you were on a photograph you could easily pass the question "did bats tell you he saw a purple unicorn"

You might even pass the question "did bats see a purple unicorn" you would likely pass if you believe it to be true.

As far as the alleged witnesses of the walton case, the questions were cherry picked and agreed on in advance but what is more interesting and do not take my word on it look it up walton epic failed an early test and it was swept under the rug.

One of the witnesses never passed his test and the others only passed as to what they thought they saw and believed,  a light in the sky, walton vanished ( and they didnt kill him )

As this case unravels more its fairly obvious mike is telling the truth that he was part of this hoax for profit.

On another side and why i used the word "perspective" in the "public mind/eye" a polygraph result  does have an effect to a point,  look at the scott Peterson case of many had he passed a test he didnt kill his wife it would have helped him where refusing to take it hung him in the public eye.

Same with me and bob gimlin refusing to be tested about the PGF,

9 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Which tests? The ones that the questions were tailored for them? Those are invalid as they were able to control the results.

Like I said, Walton has made a tidy bit of money off of this. I'm sure his buddies have enjoyed the fruits of playing along in this hoax.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

Which tests? The ones that the questions were tailored for them? Those are invalid as they were able to control the results.

Like I said, Walton has made a tidy bit of money off of this. I'm sure his buddies have enjoyed the fruits of playing along in this hoax.

I wonder in some of these cases, did they earn at least an average living off their scams?

Seems a few will pop up every decade or so to tell about a new part of their experence they had forgotten.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

I wonder in some of these cases, did they earn at least an average living off their scams?

Seems a few will pop up every decade or so to tell about a new part of their experence they had forgotten.

You mean like the Rendlesham guys or Lazar, they have to pop up every so many years. Once the heat from being exposed as liars dies down of course. Then they scam a new generation of those willing to believe. Then it's "lather, rinse, repeat".

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Trelane said:

You mean like the Rendlesham guys or Lazar, they have to pop up every so many years. Once the heat from being exposed as liars dies down of course. Then they scam a new generation of those willing to believe. Then it's "lather, rinse, repeat".

Woohoo Rendlesham even the other claimed witnesses did face palm cringes when the biggest loon claimed to have had contact with the ship and ET gave him a binary code he didnt share for decades or tell his buddies about at the time.

• Like 3

On 7/6/2022 at 5:30 AM, Eldorado said:

Travis told The Sun : "When I go out in public now, instead of 'there's that crazy guy' and now it's, 'Hey, can I get a picture with you?'

Lol

You can see it hey.

Look, I got a selfie with that alien abduction whacko!! 

Vindicated lol.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Lol

You can see it hey.

Look, I got a selfie with that alien abduction whacko!! 

Vindicated lol.

:lol:

I wonder how much he charged for pic, i bet they arent free.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkLKw0PD9_PkWeMBDPpgi

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I wonder how much he charged for pic, i bet they arent free.

Lol

I wouldn't pay for one. 

Nothing suspicious there at all...

:innocent:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmWHze65YB56-narshrfH

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You guys are the ones who brought up how Travis rigged a lie detector test. I was just pointing out he wasn’t the only one who took one. I think it’s unlikely they all fooled it. 

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You guys are the ones who brought up how Travis rigged a lie detector test. I was just pointing out he wasn’t the only one who took one. I think it’s unlikely they all fooled it. 

Lie detector tests are only as good as the person administrating the test. You're not fooling the lie detector. You're fooling the person interpreting the results.

• Like 3

No one has mentioned that before the fake alien abduction the crew was about to  be assessed a significant penalty for not getting their work done on a specified date, a date in their signed business contract. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Unlikely, nah they very likely did since they were able to direct what questions were going to be asked. That way they already had prepared answers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

No one has mentioned that before the fake alien abduction the crew was about to  be assessed a significant penalty for not getting their work done on a specified date, a date in their signed business contract. 

That's why I included that link earlier. Believers conveniently ignore those details.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

On 7/7/2022 at 4:11 PM, Trelane said:

His net worth is between $1 and $16 million from a quick Google search.   I won't link any because I don't know which to believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1