Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical inerrancy

Doug1066

35 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The term 'Jehovah' which is another way of saying 'Yahweh' is recent day terminology.

It's not found in any ancient text spelled 'Jehovah'.

YHWH

But the four Hebrew vowels are, and that's what's essential; pronunciation is secondary, Will.

Edited by larryp
the details!!

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

The term 'Jehovah' which is another way of saying 'Yahweh' is recent day terminology.

It's not found in any ancient text spelled 'Jehovah'.

That’s because it’s a made up word comprised of the Tetragrammaton and the vowels taken from the word “adonai” meaning “my lord”. 

cormac

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

Tetragrammaton

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-tetragrammaton/

The Tetragrammaton, referred to in rabbinic literature as HaShem (The Name) or Shem Hameforash (The Special Name),  is the word used to refer to the four-letter word, yud-hey-vav-hey (יהוה), that is the name for God used in the Hebrew Bible.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

it’s a made up word 

Lol. All words are made up.

1 minute ago, larryp said:

Right, and you keep coming back, like a moth to the flame.

More boredom than anything, I find you mildly entertaining. All that righteous fury is fun to watch. That smoke, mirrors, and The Details!!!! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, larryp said:

(יהוה) These four vowels are equivalent to YHWH in English. 

There's also 72 names of God as well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There's also 72 names of God as well. 

There is only one God by the personal name YHWH., which means he causes to become. He's the living God.

Edited by larryp
the details!!

14 minutes ago, larryp said:

(יהוה) These four vowels are equivalent to YHWH in English. 

Those are consonants NOT vowels. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, larryp said:

Do you even know what you posted? I mean, seriously!!

Yes I do and you're on the surface level of your faith. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, larryp said:

Anybody else . . .

Sure, here it goes.

image.jpeg.2bf5decc4be4c0adf5745a52ef6236be.jpeg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, larryp said:

I'm in this world to warn others of cataclysmic destruction, like the flood of Noah's day, that will usher in peace, security, and everlasting life for all lovers of YHWH.

So you're warning us of more genocide that "god" is about to bring upon humanity?

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

So you're warning us of more genocide that "god" is about to bring upon humanity?

Everybody sees there is something deeply disturbed about a parent who kills their own children. American Evangelicals even have a opinion on it for a zygote.

But they don't see it with their god. Which is even more disturbing.....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

To be honest I’m more concerned about the potential of another real genocidal maniac that we can actually prove to be real. Most people remember what Hitler and others have done and you know there’s someone out there thinking “Good ole Uncle Adolf sure made some good points, I wanna be just like him by golly.

It doesn’t  seem to me that Larry and the few others are overly interested in peeking outside their own echo chamber. I for one am a better person for leaving the faith as I no longer have to lean on the God crutch to bail me out of any trouble I may have gotten myself in to. I continue to learn and better myself and if I do wrong by someone than it’s up to me alone to fix that behavior and see if they are willing to forgive my indiscretions, instead of taking the wronged out of the equation by saying “Well god forgives me”.

Keep on being yourselves everyone.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

YHWH is a just God; he will not tolerate wickedness indefinitely. So why should He allow wicket people to hurt His obedient children? Like in the days of Noah, when crime and violence were rampant, YHWH stood up and put an end to it, as he will do in these final days. 

Edited by larryp
the details!!

21 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH is a just God; he will not tolerate wickedness indefinitely. So why should He allow wicket people to hurt His obedient children? Like in the days of Noah, when crime and violence were rampant, YHWH stood up and put an end to it, as he will do in these final days. 

Hes letting wicked people hit "his obedient children" on a daily basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Piney said:

Everybody sees there is something deeply disturbed about a parent who kills their own children.

Maybe you want disobedient, violent people to run a muck; would that be better for you, Piney? Is that what you want, Piney?

Edited by larryp
the details!!

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked