Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical inerrancy

Doug1066

4 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

While Hammer is correct and you have the wrong timeframe that still leaves the vaunted accuracy of your Bible having been shot all to hell, pun intended. 

It should again be pointed out that neither Greeks nor Greek speaking Jews could have mistranslated anything as “Hell” as neither the word nor it’s definition existed until circa 725 AD. 

cormac

The above is found at Cormac 13: 5-8.   LOL . . LOL . . . 

13 minutes ago, larryp said:

The DSC doesn't confirm your fantasy.

The Dead Sea Scrolls DON’T contain the word “Hell” anywhere within them, meaning the word DOES NOT originate with the DSS. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

". . . parent knows when it's time to allow a child to make mistakes and to discover on its own the need to always be in self-control regarding the fact of having a sovereign free will.

YHWY

A responsible parent will bring their child up with YHWH guidance and direction. Then, when he is 18, he can do as he pleases.

9 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The Dead Sea Scrolls DON’T contain the word “Hell” anywhere within them, meaning the word DOES NOT originate with the DSS. 

cormac

You are talking in circles, man.

2 minutes ago, larryp said:

You are talking in circles, man.

Your book, much like your argument, has more holes that Swiss cheese. Must be exhausting making excuses for them. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Your book, much like your argument, has more holes that Swiss cheese. Must be exhausting making excuses for them. 

cormac

It seems like it would be exhausting to keep coming back at lp, or even reading his stuff.  

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

YHWH

Do you have anything substantial to say?  Just smoke and mirrors I guess!!

12 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It seems like it would be exhausting to keep coming back at lp, or even reading his stuff.  

There’s no cause for “stupid” but that’s no excuse for not pointing it out. 

cormac

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH

Do you have anything substantial to say?  Just smoke and mirrors I guess!!

I’m still waiting for you to say something intelligent. The fiction section is in the Writer’s and Artist’s Forum. 

cormac

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I'm beginning to think that whole "smoke and mirrors" we constantly see is just a veiled drug reference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guess that would give a different meaning to 'burning bush' and 'walking on water'.....

"Duuuude, I just got done with burning the bush. Feels like I'm walking on water. Thought I saw a camel go through the eye of a needle.... Holy Smokes!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I’m still waiting for you to say something intelligent. The fiction section is in the Writer’s and Artist’s Forum. 

cormac

You're not waiting on intelligence; instead, you're waiting on fantasy. Let's be honest.

2 minutes ago, larryp said:

you're waiting on fantasy.

We've gotten plenty of that from you so far......ThE DetAilS!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You're like a moth to the flame; you like that way; That's why you return and then complain about it.  

1 minute ago, larryp said:

You're not waiting on intelligence; instead, you're waiting on fantasy. Let's be honest.

That’s apparently all one can get from you. You’ve not shown to know much of anything useful about the Bible, the Dead Sea Scrolls or any history concerning the two. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

That’s apparently all one can get from you. You’ve not shown to know much of anything useful about the Bible, the Dead Sea Scrolls or any history concerning the two. 

cormac

His arguments and attitude haven't changed since he's been posting. So there honestly isn't much of a point of engaging much. Which seems oddly frequent lately with some members. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, larryp said:

The DSC doesn't confirm your fantasy.

Fantasy is your province, not mine, with your ever so precious designer theology tailored specifically to your tiny mind and farcical ego to make you feel s-o-o-o special. You're just another big mouth on UM, drowning in the intellectual shallows. :lol:

Hellenistic Judaism - Wikipedia

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Fantasy is your province, not mine, with your ever so precious designer theology tailored specifically to your tiny mind and farcical ego to make you feel s-o-o-o special. You're just another big mouth on UM, drowning in the intellectual shallows. :lol:

Hellenistic Judaism - Wikipedia

Indeed, someone’s literal interpretation doesn’t really add much. Other than to give us insight into the poster’s fear based anxiety over the fiction. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Indeed, someone’s literal interpretation doesn’t really add much. Other than to give us insight into the poster’s fear based anxiety over the fiction. 

When you read that post of mine, hear it in the ever so precise English accent of Ian McKellen. :yes: Yes, he should run along and play with the other children. All he brings to an intellectual gunfight is a paper clip.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Haha 5

With as much as Larry likes to invoke the phrase “Smoke and mirrors” towards those who give him clear and concise answers I’m half expecting David Copperfield to pop out of my screen. 

perhaps I’ll give it a try….. Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu!

image.jpeg.b867f8eb7dc8b46f46b43e6d34b41319.jpeg

Wow it worked, thank you oh blessed internet for allowing my imaginary homie to trump the other imaginary homie.

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You're just another big mouth on UM, drowning in the intellectual shallows. :lol:

I'm drowning fantasy!!

8 hours ago, Sherapy said:

What are you talking about? No need to hide behind words; say what you mean.

37 minutes ago, larryp said:

I'm drowning in fantasy!!

Fixed that for you.

• Haha 4

On 7/19/2022 at 9:17 PM, Guyver said:

According to the Bible, they didn’t even have children until after they ate the fruit, which means they didn’t actually die after all.  How do you explain that one Larry?

The one orbiting our earth doesn't reckon time the way we do. For a thousand years are in your eyes just as yesterday when it is past, Just as a watch during the night. Psalms 90:4. So, Adam and Eve didn't live to be a thousand years; thy died that day. 

Edited by larryp
the details!!

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked