Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical inerrancy

Doug1066

1 hour ago, larryp said:

living life as it was meant to be. What a beautiful prospect!!

Hedonism while wiping the butt crack of sin with the holy robe of jesus. Sounds about right, once forgiven, always forgiven.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, larryp said:

^^^

Hey, you got that backwards.

I’m not the one putting faith in an anachronistic series of texts made into a book, written by Greeks and goat herders about a deity they never originally believed in or worshipped and from stories many of which were taken from other cultures and reworked to present them with a level of antiquity not otherwise in evidence. That would be YOU. It’s your incompetence alone that you don’t know the origins of the deity or religion you’ve latched onto, not everyone’s that gullible. 

cormac

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

". . . and from stories many of which were taken from other cultures and reworked to present them with a level of antiquity not otherwise in evidence. That would be YOU. It’s your incompetence alone that you don’t know the origins of the deity or religion you’ve latched onto, not everyone’s that gullible. 

cormac

Oh! You're referring to the earth being round and hanging upon nothing. Job 26:7-8, while your far fathers believed in the flat earth fantasy. Or when YHWH told the Jews to bury their waste, Deuteronomy 23:13; this was long before "Louis Pasteur" and the discovery of microbes, while your brotheren, Europeans threw their trash out the windows, beckoning the plague or when YHWH told the Jews, two- hundred years in advance that the Medes and the Persians would liberate them from Egyptian bondage; even called their liberator by name, Cyrus the Great. I can go on and on, but are those the stories you're referring to, Cormac? LOL . . . LOL

2 minutes ago, larryp said:

Oh! You're referring to the earth being round and hanging upon nothing. Job 26:7-8, while your far fathers believed in the flat earth fantasy. Or when YHWH told the Jews to bury their waste, Deuteronomy 23:13; this was long before "Louis Pasteur" and the discovery of microbes, while your brotheren, Europeans threw their trash out the windows, beckoning the plague or when YHWH told the Jews, two- hundred years in advance that the Medes and the Persians would liberate them from Egyptian bondage; even called their liberator by name, Cyrus the Great. I can go on and on, but are those the stories you're referring to, Cormac? LOL . . . LOL

Nope, their various origin stories that you apparently know nothing meaningful about. :rolleyes:

cormac

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, larryp said:

^^^ 

You have nothing substantial to say; just Smoke and mirrors!!

True, you've been quite unproductive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/25/2022 at 10:14 AM, XenoFish said:

I figure if some of the believers switched out "God" with "I"  they might see things differently.

God wants....

I want...

Most people have already done so; you are a good example.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, larryp said:

^^^ 

Nope, I just don’t live in your fantasyland. 

cormac

• Like 4

image.jpeg.c60ff4b31efbf1959c4c684f677404ec.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 7/23/2022 at 11:13 PM, larryp said:

First of all, the tree of knowledge was not a loaded gun. It was a simple "symbol" of obedience and the right of God to make a decision and rule his creation. In like manner, the engineers of Mercedes Benzs have dos' and don'ts to drive their cars to run at peak performance, but what happens if you don't follow instructions?

Well, they don’t tell you that if you make a mistake you will die.  But your God told Adam he would die on the day he ate the fruit of the tree but he didn’t.  

• Thanks 2

On 7/27/2022 at 11:05 AM, Guyver said:

Well, they don’t tell you that if you make a mistake you will die.  But your God told Adam he would die on the day he ate the fruit of the tree but he didn’t.  

YHWH

The two teenagers that got into the back seat of a Tesla (while the car's autopilot was on) were killed because they didn't follow instructions. Also, as I said before, YHWH doesn't reckon time the way we do. A thousand years is like a day to Him. So, Adam and Eve didn't live for a thousand years, so they died that day. 

12 hours ago, larryp said:

A thousand years is like a day to Him. So, Adam and Eve didn't live for a thousand years, so they died that day. 

And a day is like a thousand years to Him.  So they didn't die that day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 7/31/2022 at 12:04 AM, larryp said:

YHWH doesn't reckon time the way we do. A thousand years is like a day to Him. So, Adam and Eve didn't live for a thousand years, so they died that day. 

So what you’re saying is God isn’t smarter than a fifth grader? Fifth graders have a basic understanding of time and they know the difference between a day and a thousand years. So god is either mentally retarded or just lazy and can’t bother with consistency.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, newbloodmoon said:

So what you’re saying is God isn’t smarter than a fifth grader? Fifth graders have a basic understanding of time and they know the difference between a day and a thousand years. So god is either mentally retarded or just lazy and can’t bother with consistency.

:lol:

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2022 at 7:33 AM, larryp said:

^^^ 

What do you feel that you are contributing?

8 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Or nonexistent.

41 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Or nonexistent.

That’s where I lean as there has never been any “evidence” to satisfy the God claim for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 2:05 PM, Guyver said:

I thought the idea was…that he died in the Spirit on that day…because he ‘disobeyed’.   But I think he died in the Spirit because when he ate of the fruit ,,as it says,   “his eyes were opened”.  .and he realized ,or saw himself as separate from god.  !     
…The story goes on to explain how one can be saved from spiritual death ,and Reunited with god, but we all gotta wait until Jesus’ return!  to be  risen :P      Always a catch! :lol:     …it was Eve’s fault though :rolleyes:

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lightly said:

I thought the idea was…that he died in the Spirit on that day…because he ‘disobeyed’.   But I think he died in the Spirit because when he ate of the fruit ,,as it says,   “his eyes were opened”.  .and he realized ,or saw himself as separate from god.  !     
…The story goes on to explain how one can be saved from spiritual death ,and Reunited with god, but we all gotta wait until Jesus’ return!  to be  risen :P      Always a catch! :lol:

Well, now you are mixing the old testament with the new testament.   Jesus wasn't around to save Adam so that interpretation just makes the congitive dissonance stronger.  :lol:

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, now you are mixing the old testament with the new testament.   Jesus wasn't around to save Adam so that interpretation just makes the congitive dissonance stronger.  :lol:

Well,   Ya,  your right.   I guess the ‘saved’ thing ..wasn’t part of the story yet.  ;)

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, lightly said:

Well,   Ya,  your right.   I guess the ‘saved’ thing ..wasn’t part of the story yet.  ;)

It's even more disjointed now that the Vatican (and several other religions) have finally accepted the mountains of evidence behind evolution.

So the churches agree that there was no Adam and Eve.

Yet, they are responsible for original sin, which god apparently decided to absolve by getting humans to torture and kill his son. 

Which makes sense, I mean how else would one absolve sin, not by just accepting it surely!! That's beyond a god apparently. 

So that's not what Jesus died for, which as far as I know is what many average religious people accept. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lightly said:

…The story goes on to explain how one can be saved from spiritual death ,and Reunited with god, but we all gotta wait until Jesus’ return!  to be  risen :P      Always a catch! :lol:     …it was Eve’s fault though :rolleyes:

Interesting that he had to die n the spirit in order to make babies.  Adam and Eve never even figured out how to have sex until after they ate the fruit, apparently, according to the Bible.  Isn’t that something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Guyver said:

Interesting that he had to die n the spirit in order to make babies.  Adam and Eve never even figured out how to have sex until after they ate the fruit, apparently, according to the Bible.  Isn’t that something?

image.jpeg.f82324254dba8ae38256483480d0d40e.jpeg           They’re good !     You’ll see. . :wub:

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It's even more disjointed now that the Vatican (and several other religions) have finally accepted the mountains of evidence behind evolution.

So the churches agree that there was no Adam and Eve.

Yet, they are responsible for original sin, which god apparently decided to absolve by getting humans to torture and kill his son. 

Which makes sense, I mean how else would one absolve sin, not by just accepting it surely!! That's beyond a god apparently. 

So that's not what Jesus died for, which as far as I know is what many average religious people accept. 

Oh?    Then how do you explain Cain and. .   .      Well,   Cain?      ^_^

Edited by lightly
  • Haha 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked