Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical inerrancy

Doug1066

On 8/14/2022 at 6:24 AM, Piney said:

No it wasn't. 

It was a historical lie promoted in 19th Century America.

The above is found at  Piney 3:13-16 

1 hour ago, larryp said:

What does that have to do with the tea in China?

You said the document was from Constantine when it was Medieval.

B)

1 hour ago, larryp said:

And . . .

See above.;)

1 hour ago, larryp said:

The above is found at  Piney 3:13-16 

No, actual history books.

Now who are these historians, archeologists and geologists your blowing smoke about. :whistle:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, larryp said:

YHWH

Well, in that case, you most surely remember this reminder YHWH gave to the Israelites before entering the promised land:

“When you have entered into the land that YHWH your God is giving you, you must not learn to imitate the detestable practices of those nations. There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire . . ."  Deuteronomy 18:9

YHWH does not support Hellfire. Period.

Wrong.

This is not about Hellfire, this is about sacrificing children to appease a Canaanite god. The Phoenicians are said to sacrifice children (tophet) to Moloch; they were burned alive. That was the image others had of Canaanites and Phoenicians in particular. In reality it were most probably children who were born dead, or those who had died of some disease.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Piney said:

That stuff against women was a later addition to Paul's letters.

Roman chauvinism was proverbial.

I thought Paul's "letters" were a later addition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, larryp said:

YHWH

Hey pal, it is what it is. So go ahead and deny it if it makes you feel better.

Yeah, it’s called anachronistic

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, larryp said:

YHWH

We are not talking about sailers but rather the general public. That's the point. 

You mentioned Moses. He must have learned it from some sailor... IF he did know the earth was a sphere, which I doubt.

And because there were more than enough sailors back then, I consider that a rather known fact.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Wrong.

This is not about Hellfire, this is about sacrificing children to appease a Canaanite god. The Phoenicians are said to sacrifice children (tophet) to Moloch; they were burned alive. That was the image others had of Canaanites and Phoenicians in particular. In reality it were most probably children who were born dead, or those who had died of some disease.

Correct.  It is not every day you get to read a thread where a person is advocating the God of the OT over the God of the NT, especially when for so many people (Jesus included) - they are the same God.  That the God of the Bible does promote hellfire torture of souls can be found here….

”41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

Matthew 25

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I find the mindset of the Bible being the unadulterated word of God, except when it’s not, rather hilarious. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Piney said:

Try 6000 BCE during the Archaic.

YHWH

Geologists and archeologists say humans are no older than six thousand years. I realize your billions-and-billions of years fantasy club things differently. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH

Geologists and archeologists say humans are no older than six thousand years. I realize your billions-and-billions of years fantasy club things differently. 

Which is an outright lie as archaeologists, geneticists and such say that we are some 300,000 years old. 

cormac

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Which is an outright lie as archaeologists, geneticists and such say that we are some 300,000 years old. 

cormac

I have asked him which archaelogists, etc. but he never has answered.   @larryp  why don't you answer?   Who are you citing when you claim anything like archaelogists, geologists, geneticists......   ???   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 10:43 AM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Rob

Yes and that was my point to Larry that hell was not in the Dead Sea scrolls .:D

YHWH

I concur; no argument here; I've been saying that all alone.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH

Please name the geologists and archeologists. :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Piney said:

That document was written centuries after he was dead.

YHWH

Well, let's look at Contontine's record, what so many called his creation of Christianity or his government's creation: Let's start with the idolatrous acts of idol worship, followed by the adoration of statues and other craven images. Yeah, it sounds very Roman to me; that's why I and many others don't touch any part of that idol worship.

“You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth. You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I YHHW your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion.” Exodus 20: 4-5

Edited by larryp
the details!!

10 minutes ago, larryp said:

details

Who are the archaeologists, historians and geologists?

Stop evading. :sleepy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Piney said:

Now who are these historians, archeologists and geologists your blowing smoke about. :whistle:

I suspect all of those might be Ken Ham. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Okay Larry, I am going to post a link that lists 101 contradictions in the bible with the books/chapters/and verses that these contradictions can be found. There are no “Smoke and Mirrors” on my end as these are found in your holy text. 

So my question posed to any believer, How do you reconcile the inerrancy of the bible when the book has so many contradictions within?

http://media.isnet.org/kmi/off/XXtian/101ContradictionsInTheBible.pdf

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/15/2022 at 2:44 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Larry

Please link the post where you said any such thing as you were arguing that hell was written in the Dead Sea scrolls

The point was the word "Hell" is not in the Dead Sea Scroll, so why is it in the Catholic Douay version? Because the Hebrew sheʼohlʹ and the Greek haiʹdes were mistranslated into the word Hell. Got it!!

16 hours ago, Piney said:

Who are the archaeologists, historians and geologists?

YHWH

The earth being round is backed up. It is backed up when YHWH told the Jews two hundred years in advance that the Medes and the Persians would liberate them from Egyptian bondage. When YHWH mentioned Mesopotamian King Nebuchadnezzar was backed up. When YHWH instructed the Israelites to bury their trash, long before Louis Pasteur and the discovery of microbes was backed up. I could go on and on . . . So, what part of that don't you understand, Piney?

44 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH

The earth being round is backed up. It is backed up when YHWH told the Jews two hundred years in advance that the Medes and the Persians would liberate them from Egyptian bondage. When YHWH mentioned Mesopotamian King Nebuchadnezzar was backed up. When YHWH instructed the Israelites to bury their trash, long before Louis Pasteur and the discovery of microbes was backed up. I could go on and on . . . So, what part of that don't you understand, Piney?

In other words NOBODY. Pasteur ISN’T an archaeologist, an historian nor even a geologist. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Okay Larry, I am going to post a link that lists 101 contradictions in the bible with the books/chapters/and verses that these contradictions can be found. There are no “Smoke and Mirrors” on my end as these are found in your holy text. 

So my question posed to any believer, How do you reconcile the inerrancy of the bible when the book has so many contradictions within?

http://media.isnet.org/kmi/off/XXtian/101ContradictionsInTheBible.pdf

That is a highly comprehensive list.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2022 at 7:32 AM, Piney said:

Wow......Catholic antisemitism was quite pronounced but this wasn't Constantine. He worshipped Elagabalus i.e. Sol Invictus.

YHWH

That's not the point, Piney. The fact is that the Roman culture is what polluted YWHW's pure worship.

Edited by larryp
the details
  • Haha 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked