Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical inerrancy

Doug1066

On 8/21/2022 at 12:51 AM, Abramelin said:

Wait till he finds out he has been misspelling it!!!

Extra large stones!!

• Haha 5

On 8/17/2022 at 12:10 AM, psyche101 said:

3,000 B.C. in Knossos, Crete.

People dug deep holes to hide refuse, which they would then cover with dirt. 

YHWH

But Adam did it first in 4026 B.C.E. after he was born?

6 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH

But Adam did it first in 4026 B.C.E. after he was born?

Sumerian Culture PREDATES Adam so you’ve got a problem. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, Piney said:

The point was you recited a American 19th Century myth as fact.

Piney, you're the only one doubting the flat earth theory in the Columbus era. I guess ignorance is bliss. :mellow:

8 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Sumerian Culture PREDATES Adam so you’ve got a problem. 

cormac

YHWH

Not really!! Adam was born in 4026 B.CE., while Sumerian culture, according to the archeologist, began between 4500- 4000 B.C.E., So you have to remember that this is not an exact science; no need to split hairs and swallow camels. 

1 hour ago, larryp said:

Piney, you're the only one doubting the flat earth theory in the Columbus era. I guess ignorance is bliss. :mellow:

@cormac mac airt and every other 21st Century historian knows it to be 19th Century American fiction too.

So who are these historians, archeologists and geologists who agree with you? 

Because I have a college background in history, archaeology, geology and ethnobotany and worked for several museums and might know them.^_^

• Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH

Not really!! Adam was born in 4026 B.CE., while Sumerian culture, according to the archeologist, began between 4500- 4000 B.C.E., So you have to remember that this is not an exact science; no need to split hairs and swallow camels. 

Yes really as the H3 site, Eridu, Tell El-Oueili and Tell El-Ubaid ALL PREDATE Adam. Nice fiction on your part though. 

cormac

• Like 2

1 minute ago, larryp said:

^^^ 

It's even taught in public schools, Piney. 

Not in any school I went to and that includes 15 different states and twice in Europe. Try again. 

cormac

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Yes really as the H3 site, Eridu, Tell El-Oueili and Tell El-Ubaid ALL PREDATE Adam. Nice fiction on your part though. 

cormac

What are you babbling about?

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Not in any school I went to and that includes 15 different states and twice in Europe. Try again. 

cormac

No one doubts the flat earthers except you. Ignorance is bliss

1 minute ago, larryp said:

No one doubts the flat earthers except you. Ignorance is bliss

Projecting again I see. 

The myth of the flat Earth, or the flat earth error, is a modern historical misconception that European scholars and educated people during the Middle Ages believed the Earth to be flat.[1][2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth

Everyone I knew growing up knew that the flat earth was a myth. 

Your teachers must have been an embarrassment. 

cormac

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 4:43 PM, cormac mac airt said:

And you would be wrong: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth

Seems your flat earth claim is dead on the vine. Not unexpected! 

cormac

Wrong:

The Sumerians were around way before the Greeks with archeological fossils to prove it, and we're not talking about your thousand-and-thousands of years "fantasy club" either.

5 minutes ago, larryp said:

Wrong:

The Sumerians were around way before the Greeks with archeological fossils to prove it, and we're not talking about your thousand-and-thousands of years "fantasy club" either.

The Sumerians are completely irrelevant to your claim of the flat earth being believed during Columbus’ time. The Sumerians also were around before your claimed Adam existed. 

cormac

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Everyone I knew growing up knew that the flat earth was a myth. 

cormac

It was a widespread belief; otherwise, they wouldn't be called flat earthers; that was so apparent.

Just now, larryp said:

It was a widespread belief; otherwise, they wouldn't be called flat earthers; that was so apparent.

Apparently it WASN’T, 15 states and twice in Europe and NONE of the people I knew believed or were taught that. Your claim is moot. 

cormac

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The Sumerians also were around before your claimed Adam existed. 

cormac

Oh sure, in your billions-and-billions of years "fantasy club," the Sumerians predated Adam. LOL . . . LOL

11 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Apparently it WASN’T, 15 states and twice in Europe and NONE of the people I knew believed or were taught that. Your claim is moot. 

cormac

Why were they called flat earthers, if the thought was not widespread? 

Edited by larryp

Just now, larryp said:

Oh sure, in your billions-and-billions of years "fantasy club," the Sumerians predated Adam. LOL . . . LOL

Nope, it has nothing to do with that. The sites I mentioned DO predate your claimed Adam by more than 1000 years though. 

cormac

• Like 1

Just now, larryp said:

Why were they called flat earthers?

A misunderstanding by 19th Century peoples about the beliefs of older cultures. 

cormac

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Nope, it has nothing to do with that. The sites I mentioned DO predate your claimed Adam by more than 1000 years though. 

cormac

YHWH

The oldest archeological site was found in Irag, dubbed the Cradle of Civilization, for sound scientific reasons, because there was found not fantasy but ancient writings, in "cuniform script" that dates back way past Greek anything, pal. Period. You think about that.

21 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

A misunderstanding by 19th Century peoples about the beliefs of older cultures. 

cormac

Smoke and mirrors!!

2 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH

The oldest archeological site was found in Irag, dubbed the Cradle of Civilization, for sound scientific reasons, because there was found not fantasy but ancient writings, in "cuniform script" that dates back way past Greek anything, pal. Period. You think about that.

The sites I mentioned date from 5500 BC, which means they PREDATE Adam. So you’re still wrong. 

cormac

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, larryp said:

Smoke and mirrors!!

Nope, willful ignorance on your part. 

cormac

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

The sites I mentioned date from 5500 BC, which means they PREDATE Adam. So you’re still wrong. 

cormac

YHWH

Wrong:

Dude, Adam was born in 4026 B.C.E.; there is no archeological proof that anything human existed in 5500 B.C.E. except for in your fantasy club.

• Confused 1