Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical inerrancy

Doug1066

On 8/26/2022 at 6:59 AM, larryp said:

I dont know what you're talking about.

But you DO know how Google works?

Please say "Yes".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

But you DO know how Google works?

Please say "Yes".

errrrrhhhh..... Probably not.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Just so everyone is clear, by me posting this GIF doesn’t make the fish and loaves story true.
image.gif.bf50dce89186545a5ff5a6f623f820ac.gif

I'm not keen on fish sandwiches, anyway.

• Haha 4

On 8/26/2022 at 5:22 AM, larryp said:

YHWH

It's unreliable. Period. Sorry!!

How do you know?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Just so everyone is clear, by me posting this GIF doesn’t make the fish and loaves story true.
image.gif.bf50dce89186545a5ff5a6f623f820ac.gif

I keep forgetting…there were Two fish and loaves stories..  the five loaves feeding “about 5000 men, beside women and children” story (Mat.15:17)   and later on.. seven loaves feeding 4000 (Mat.15:34)    (Jesus yelled at me for not remembering, in (Mat.16  :9  & :10)  :lol:      So, sorry for my in-correction larryp :wub:

Edited by lightly
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, lightly said:

So, sorry for my in-correction larryp :wub:

You're in love now with a bible thumper?

Well, crazier things have happened.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, acute said:

I'm not keen on fish sandwiches, anyway.

Well, it doesn't go well with cider or any other wretched puke you call a beverage you half Saxon spoiled by Welsh genes Bermingas consume .

Edited by Piney
The End Times is for hopeless losers
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Well, it doesn't go well with cider or any other wretched puke you call a beverage you half Saxon spoiled by Welsh genes Bermingas consume .

You know nothing!

We drink mead in this part of Mercia.

25% ABV!

Edited by acute
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Abramelin said:

You're in love now with a bible thumper?

Well, crazier things have happened.

Wow!!

This post wasn't deleted!

Edited by Abramelin
  • Haha 3

Larryp is gone.

Humour is a great medicine against trolls.

I do hope he returns, though.

:yes:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/28/2022 at 11:18 AM, Abramelin said:

Larryp is gone.

Humour is a great medicine against trolls.

I do hope he returns, though.

:yes:

I know I’m asking for a miracle and that’s an entirely different discussion but what if Larryp’s absence is due to him actually researching… okay, everyone’s right it looks as stupid in print as it sounded in my head.

• Haha 8

On 8/27/2022 at 8:03 PM, Piney said:

Oi what the hell is your problem with us welsh? :angry:

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Well, you're Welsh - isn't that enough :P 

(I was conceived in Wales* - making me sort of an Anglo-Welshman who thinks he's Scottish and therefore able to insult everyone equally :D )

* I reached the summit of of Yr Wyddfa 9 months before I was born - making me the youngest person ever to do so, albeit I did have some assistance!

btw Piney - them Bermingas aren't nearly us sophisticated as us zider-drinking Hwicce - they drink Mitchell & Butler's bitter, fall over after just 9 pints, and think it's classy :o  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

You can't speak to you without being covered in spit and snot and your footy fans are a bigger bunch of uncouth animals than Philly Eagles fans! :angry:

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Essan said:

Well, you're Welsh - isn't that enough :P 

(I was conceived in Wales* - making me sort of an Anglo-Welshman who thinks he's Scottish and therefore able to insult everyone equally :D )

* I reached the summit of of Yr Wyddfa 9 months before I was born - making me the youngest person ever to do so, albeit I did have some assistance!

btw Piney - them Bermingas aren't nearly us sophisticated as us zider-drinking Hwicce - they drink Mitchell & Butler's bitter, fall over after just 9 pints, and think it's classy :o  

I thought the Hwicce were part of the Bermingas. :unsure2:

39 minutes ago, Piney said:

You can't speak to you without being covered in spit and snot and your footy fans are a bigger bunch of uncouth animals than Philly Eagles fans! :angry:

I'll have you known our football fans hide behind scrawny security guards shouting unpleasantrys just like the English. :angry:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I thought the Hwicce were part of the Bermingas. :unsure2:

Nah, they're our smelly neighbours to the north.  

Hwicce_kingdom.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 7:30 AM, newbloodmoon said:

I know I’m asking for a miracle and that’s an entirely different discussion but what if Larryp’s absence is due to him actually researching… okay, everyone’s right it looks as stupid in print as it sounded in my head.

Sooner shall all of Mercia sink beneath the sea.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, razman said:

You can ask yourself one question about the innerancy in the bible. How long ago does it say god created the earth?

It doesn’t.  It just says the in the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth, and there was no life on Earth at that time.  Certain people, like Bishop Ussher have speculated that it was within the past 10,000 years, due to their analysis of Bible genealogies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guyver said:

It doesn’t.  It just says the in the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth, and there was no life on Earth at that time.  Certain people, like Bishop Ussher have speculated that it was within the past 10,000 years, due to their analysis of Bible genealogies.

Which is way off based on the archeological evidence.

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Which is way off based on the archeological evidence.

Absolutely.  The only way to make that number fit is if the dinosaurs came on the ark with Noah, which some Christians do in fact believe.  Others, like Catholics accept an older Earth, and some Evangelicals accept a thing called the “Gap Theory” which allows for an indeterminate amount of time (possibly a very long time) in between the first two verses of Genesis.  This allows for natural evolution to occur, and some people consider the creation of humans by God as something called “Special Creation.”  This allows for the belief that people are different from animals and intentionally created in the image of God, which as far as I can tell from biblical studies means, we were made to look like God does. FWIW.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Absolutely.  The only way to make that number fit is if the dinosaurs came on the ark with Noah, which some Christians do in fact believe.  Others, like Catholics accept an older Earth, and some Evangelicals accept a thing called the “Gap Theory” which allows for an indeterminate amount of time (possibly a very long time) in between the first two verses of Genesis.  This allows for natural evolution to occur, and some people consider the creation of humans by God as something called “Special Creation.”  This allows for the belief that people are different from animals and intentionally created in the image of God, which as far as I can tell from biblical studies means, we were made to look like God does. FWIW.

Anything to decrease the cognitive dissonance.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Guyver said:

This allows for the belief that people are different from animals and intentionally created in the image of God, which as far as I can tell from biblical studies means, we were made to look like God does. FWIW.

Why would anyone think it means we were made to look like God? If God was a creator , perhaps being made in his image means it makes us creators . or maybe we were made to think like God. 

Edited by razman
  • Like 1