Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical inerrancy


Doug1066
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, lightly said:

Oh?    Then how do you explain Cain and. .   .      Well,   Cain?      ^_^
     

They ate the apple first. When eve chomped on Satan's apple it was the first transgression. Cheating maybe? Cain had to be after that.

Cain committed the first murder, stepping it up a notch by hitting his brother with a rock for as long as he was able to..

Edited by psyche101
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2022 at 9:12 AM, cormac mac airt said:

It's definitely NOT because of the accuracy of pseudo-historical events as said events have more holes than Swiss cheese. 

cormac

YHWH

Hey pal, events backed up by archeology, geology, history, historians, and most importantly, YHWH words, the Bible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH

Hey pal, events backed up by archeology, geology, history, historians, and most importantly, YHWH words, the Bible.

NOT backed up you mean as there are no reputable experts who support much of the Bible’s claimed “history”. Yeah, we know, you’ll make it up as you go along. SSDD! 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2022 at 8:14 AM, newbloodmoon said:
If the bible is the inerrant word of God than why are there so many dang christians fighting over who’s the right one with their god?

YHWH

It all stems from the garden of Eden. YHWH had a straightforward test for the two that would demonstrate God's right to make rules and decisions for his creation. But, who did our parents listen to; the serpent and has been every since-thus so many false religions teach lies about my father.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 8:37 AM, lightly said:

    I thought the idea was…that he died in the Spirit on that day…because he ‘disobeyed’.   But I think he died in the Spirit because . . ."

I think you should read the Bible because then you will come to know YHWH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

NOT backed up you mean as there are no reputable experts who support much of the Bible’s claimed “history”. Yeah, we know, you’ll make it up as you go along. SSDD! 
 

cormac

YHWH

The earth being round is backed up. It is backed up when YHWH told the Jews two hundred years in advance that the Medes and the Persians would liberate them from Egyptian bondage. When YHWH mentioned Mesopotamian King Nebuchadnezzar was backed up. When YHWH instructed the Israelites to bury their trash, long before Louis Pasteur and the discovery of microbes was backed up. I could go on and on . . . You can't get around this, pal. So, are you confused or something, Mac air? 

Edited by larryp
the details!!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH

The earth being round is backed up. It is backed up when YHWH told the Jews two hundred years in advance that the Medes and the Persians would liberate them from Egyptian bondage. When YHWH mentioned Mesopotamian King Nebuchadnezzar was backed up. When YHWH instructed the Israelites to bury their trash, long before Louis Pasteur and the discovery of microbes was backed up. I could go on and on . . . So, are you confused or something, Mac air? 

The Greeks knew the earth was round before the Jews did. Adam and Eve AREN’T backed up. The Garden of Eden ISN’T backed up. Yahweh as the original God of the Jews ISN’T backed Up. The Jews originally being Mesopotamian ISN’T backed up. The Biblical Flood ISN’T backed up. Moses ISN’T backed up. Jews being slaves in Egypt ISN’T backed up. And the list goes on. 
 

cormac

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

^^^ 

You seriously have your eyes closed! And in denial too.

Edited by larryp
the details!!
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, larryp said:

^^^ 

You seriously have your eyes closed! And in denial too.

Nope, I’m just not an idiot who takes the Bible literally. 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The Greeks knew the earth was round before the Jews did. 

cormac

How is this so when the Israelites predate the Greeks? A simple google check confirms this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, larryp said:

^^^ 

You seriously have your eyes closed! And in denial too.

See thing is Larry, you probably picked the wrong bloke with Cormac.

He's smarter than most of us here tied together and folded over. And a fair bloke to. You can't really ask for more than that. And he shares knowledge. That's where you totally went off the rails. We've seen you pretend to know what your talking about. It's not even a close call. Like galaxies apart. He's a great bloke, heck, look at how much he puts up with from you and Oslove as it is. Most would just block you. 

Cormac can provide lots of supporting evidence. You point at one book? Pfffft. Cormac can point at thousands. Mate, you got nothing. You look tiny. 

If you could support what you say, you would not rant rave carry on and point at one lousy book. You can't. You have bad manners, a poor approach and nothing to offer. You make religion look like a tedious, mind robbing uninformed cult. You make others want to avoid religion. Is that what you think your god wants you to do? In comparison, as noted earlier, when asked with manners, Cormac is extremely helpful for no good reason. He doesn't get paid, or given anything. It's actually out of the goodness of his heart. 

You can't compete with that. If I'm wrong and a god actually exists, I have no doubt cormac would be favoured for what he has done over what you have done. You, and those like you, give god a bad name. Cormac encourages one to push boundaries. You're doing it wrong. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

". . . look at how much he puts up with from you and Oslove as it is. Most would just block you. 

He hasn't blocked me because he's still learning, as you are.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, larryp said:

He hasn't blocked me because he's still learning, as you are.

We are all learning except those who refuse and prefer to preach, such as you.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, larryp said:

He hasn't blocked me because he's still learning, as you are.

Hahaha

Yes, I've already told you what we have learnt about you...... :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2022 at 9:16 AM, XenoFish said:

So it's for fragile people who can't handle the utter meaninglessness and ultimately pointless existence they have . . ."

And they are awaiting paradise earth, where peace, happyness, and security will remain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2022 at 12:53 PM, cormac mac airt said:

The Dead Sea Scrolls DON’T contain the word “Hell” anywhere within them, meaning the word DOES NOT originate with the DSS. 

cormac

 

Correct, which means that the word Hell wasn't a part of the ORIGINAL Greek and Hebrew words for the grave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, larryp said:

And they are awaiting paradise earth, where peace, happyness, and security will remain.

 That's a pipe dream.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, larryp said:

YHWH

It all stems from the garden of Eden. YHWH had a straightforward test for the two that would demonstrate God's right to make rules and decisions for his creation. But, who did our parents listen to; the serpent and has been every since-thus so many false religions teach lies about my father.

It all stems from tribalism, my way is the right way and the other is the wrong way because my group says so etcetera. If the bible “is” the inherent word of god then there would be zero confusion as too who was and is ultimately correct.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, larryp said:

How is this so when the Israelites predate the Greeks? A simple google check confirms this. 

The Bible wasn’t written until AFTER the Greeks. Nice try but you’re wrong. 
 

cormac

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, larryp said:

He hasn't blocked me because he's still learning, as you are.

The only thing I’m learning from you is the depth of your willful ignorance. It’s embarrassing. 
 

cormac

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The only thing I’m learning from you is the depth of your willful ignorance. It’s embarrassing. 
 

cormac

I honestly think he's just a troll.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I honestly think he's just a troll.

I think he’s so far out of his league he can’t even see the horizon. Pythagoras proposed the spherical earth circa 500 BC, the Jews believing then that the earth was flat and circular and sandwiched between Heaven and Sheol, while not learning until Eratosthenes (3rd century BC) that the earth was indeed spherical in shape. 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I think he’s so far out of his league he can’t even see the horizon. Pythagoras proposed the spherical earth circa 500 BC, the Jews believing then that the earth was flat and circular and sandwiched between Heaven and Sheol, while not learning until Eratosthenes (3rd century BC) that the earth was indeed spherical in shape. 

cormac

Considering either willful ignorance or heavy dose of indoctrination, he either doesn't want to learn or he's here just to flame bait people. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Considering either willful ignorance or heavy dose of indoctrination, he either doesn't want to learn or he's here just to flame bait people. 

That’s ok, not everyone needs to be as willfully ignorant. I don’t necessarily post just for the person replied to. :tu:
 

cormac

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

That’s ok, not everyone needs to be as willfully ignorant. I don’t necessarily post just for the person replied to. :tu:
 

cormac

I pretty much can't post.<_<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.