Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical inerrancy

Doug1066

Just now, XenoFish said:

Sources are required for validation, got any?

he has just gone back to his original claims, and when he was asked the first few times he hasn't responded so why would he now?

6 minutes ago, larryp said:

YHWH

Wrong: Geology says it; archeology confirms it; history talks about it; historians testify to it, and YHWH words have canon it. You can't get around this, Newblood!!

You've already said this and been asked to provide documentation of this.  

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 12:07 PM, cormac mac airt said:

No, it’s not. It was the name of the primary Canaanite deity well before Yahweh came along, which is why Isra-El has the El suffix and not Yah/Yahu. :rolleyes:

cormac

YHWH never had a beginning. What are you talking about? :yes:

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

he has just gone back to his original claims, and when he was asked the first few times he hasn't responded so why would he now?

When you've got a sharp stick, you can't help but poke someone.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 8:46 AM, larryp said:

Oh! You're referring to the earth being round and hanging upon nothing. Job 26:7-8, while your far fathers believed in the flat earth fantasy. Or when YHWH told the Jews to bury their waste, Deuteronomy 23:13; this was long before "Louis Pasteur" and the discovery of microbes, while your brotheren, Europeans threw their trash out the windows, beckoning the plague or when YHWH told the Jews, two- hundred years in advance that the Medes and the Persians would liberate them from Egyptian bondage; even called their liberator by name, Cyrus the Great. I can go on and on, but are those the stories you're referring to, Cormac? LOL . . . LOL

YHWH

There's no getting around this, Cormac.

14 minutes ago, larryp said:

Yahweh is just one of many ancient gods worshipped and the last of a dying ideology. That you ignore his origins in no way invalidates them. 

cormac

• Like 3

Didn't I post a spirituality/religion timeline in this thread? One that showed the start and current evolution of faiths.

Edited by XenoFish

On 7/25/2022 at 3:44 PM, XenoFish said:

Hedonism while wiping the butt crack . . ."

I'm sure that's something you would love to do, Xofish.

15 minutes ago, larryp said:

I'm sure that's something you would love to do, Xofish.

Looks like you're serving nothing burgers today.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:33 PM, newbloodmoon said:

So what you’re saying is God isn’t smarter than a fifth grader? Fifth graders have a basic understanding of time and they know the difference between a day and a thousand years. 

YHWH

Newblood, can a fifth grader orbit the earth, create the sun, or cause the sense of taste in your mouth?; Be reasonable.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, And your ways are not my ways,” declares YHWH. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So my ways are higher than your ways And my thoughts than your thoughts. Isahiah 55: 8-9

Edited by larryp
details!!

3 hours ago, larryp said:

YHWH

Wrong: Geology says it; archeology confirms it; history talks about it; historians testify to it, and YHWH words have canon it. You can't get around this, Newblood!!

Hi Larry 

i have a foot and do not use it as a rule

8 hours ago, larryp said:

YHWH

Newblood, can a fifth grader orbit the earth, create the sun, or cause the sense of taste in your mouth?; Be reasonable.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, And your ways are not my ways,” declares YHWH. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So my ways are higher than your ways And my thoughts than your thoughts. Isahiah 55: 8-9

Yes to the first two with a computer program one can easily orbit the earth, they can paint, write, or even imagine a sun. They can even look up how stars or the sun is created. No god needed, as far as the sensory of taste as well as any of them, they are explained once again through natural means. No god needed for that as well.

10 hours ago, larryp said:

YHWH

As far as this claim I would like to point you to a youtube series done by Aron-ra. He will explain in these videos using easy to understand terminology that anyone can understand, provided of course they don’t have a mental disability, or are to young to fully grasp what he is saying. Larry, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you are capable of understanding. Whether you want to be intellectually honest with yourself and those here on the forums is another story. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 8:50 AM, cormac mac airt said:

Nope, their various origin stories that you apparently know nothing meaningful about. :rolleyes:

cormac

smoke and mirrors.

12 hours ago, larryp said:

Of course he had a beginning before he became "God". YHWH originated as a warrior / storm / metallurgy god in the lands south of ancient Israel / Judah. An interesting article about the metallurgy aspect can be found here.

This was before he merged with El, and took over the pantheon and El's wife.

Yahwistic monotheism evolved from the monolatrous Yahweh only theology (promoted by Hezekiah and Josiah) only after the fall of Jerusalem / during the rebuilding of Jerusalem and the temple in the Persian Period.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Yes to the first two with a computer program one can easily orbit the earth, they can paint, write, or even imagine a sun. 

Smoke and mirrors!!

51 minutes ago, Djedi said:

Of course he had a beginning before he became "God". YHWH originated as a warrior / storm / metallurgy god in the lands south of ancient Israel / Judah. An interesting article about the metallurgy aspect can be found here.

This was before he merged with El, and took over the pantheon and El's wife.

YHWH

El was indeed a Canaanite god, but he wasn't YHWH. El is a title, a Hebrew word that means god. So, for example, the term "Mohomed" means god in Arabic, but it's not a name; it's a title. Among the Hebrew words that are translated as "God" is ʼEl, probably meaning "Mighty One; Strong One." It is used concerning YHWH, other gods, and men. It is also used extensively in the makeup of proper names, such as Elisha (meaning "God Is Salvation") and Michael ("Who Is Like God?"). 

Hey Djedi, I know it's hard when someone comes along and shakes your worldview, but it might save your life.

Edited by larryp
the details!!

1 hour ago, larryp said:

Smoke and mirrors!!

Baphomet and Jesus

See I can pair words as well.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, larryp said:

YHWH

El was indeed a Canaanite god, but he wasn't YHWH. El is a title, a Hebrew word that means god. So, for example, the term "Mohomed" means god in Arabic, but it's not a name; it's a title. Among the Hebrew words that are translated as "God" is ʼEl, probably meaning "Mighty One; Strong One." It is used concerning YHWH, other gods, and men. It is also used extensively in the makeup of proper names, such as Elisha (meaning "God Is Salvation") and Michael ("Who Is Like God?"). 

Hey Djedi, I know it's hard when someone comes along and shakes your worldview, but it might save your life.

El became a title of YHWH after the two gods merged. El is indeed also used as a general word for a god, but also refers to a specific god, the head of the Canaanite pantheon.

Nothing worldview shaking or life saving about that.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, larryp said:

YHWH

EL and his worship PREDATE the Hebrew Yahweh and Hebrew language by around 1000 years which means the name El IS NOT Hebrew in origin. The earliest mention of El are from the texts at Ugarit circa 2500 BC while Yahweh is first mentioned from 1200 BC - 1400 BC. :rolleyes:

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, larryp said:

smoke and mirrors.

On your part more like willful ignorance. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Djedi said:

El became a title of YHWH after the two gods merged. El is indeed also used as a general word for a god, but also refers to a specific god, the head of the Canaanite pantheon.

Nothing worldview shaking or life saving about that.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

4 minutes ago, larryp said:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

You must have severe dehydration.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Djedi said:

El is indeed also used as a general word for a god, but also refers to a specific god, the head of the Canaanite pantheon.

Okay, so what, but El is not YHWH.

57 minutes ago, larryp said:

Okay, so what, but El is not YHWH.

But after they merged, YHWH was different from when he was a son of El, YHWH at the head of the pantheon was different from the YHWH of the monolatrous phase and that YHWH was different from his final monotheistic version of 2nd temple Judaism. 

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked