Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical inerrancy

Doug1066

12 hours ago, SHaYap said:

Literally, Buddha leap over the wall... 

In context, Buddha's Temptation 

The history behind the recipe, the ingredients were chosen specifically not only because of its market value, there are many more choices that are equally if not more in terms of cost. 

The "dish" was specifically designed not only to titillate the taste buds, but also because the ingredients are notoriously difficult to handle with chop sticks, it is a test of one's temerity, decorum and conduct in the face of the highest level of formal State functions at the banquet table. 

It is not usually available on the menu at eateries or restaurants. 

And On that note, my dinner is now ready... 

~

Too bad the cooking of Kushinagara did him in. Spoiled truffles are a killer. Of course, the tale was written so he supposedly foretold his own death three months earlier. Can't have a great teacher die such an ignominious death for no reason. Reminds me of the post editing after another great teacher was nailed to a tree.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Too bad the cooking of Kushinagara did him in. Spoiled truffles are a killer. Of course, the tale was written so he supposedly foretold his own death three months earlier.

You can't beat folklore, sometimes facts step out of the way for a good tale... 

~

Can't have a great teacher die such an ignominious death for no reason.

A good reason is almost always impossible to find... 

~

Reminds me of the post editing after another great teacher was nailed to a tree.

...and the tree went, "why me? "

~

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SHaYap said:

.and the tree went, "why me? "

No, the heart of a tree isn't in the part we see, it is in its roots wherein it's heart/soul/essence/consciousness dwells. As long as the roots survive, they will recreate what man takes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2022 at 2:17 AM, eight bits said:

It's a medieval Greek baptismal fantasy directed at Jews who might pretend to convert in order to escape persecution.

You're talking in riddles, pal. Smoke and mirrors!!

On 8/18/2022 at 2:00 PM, cormac mac airt said:

Which means you lied about the Romans being responsible. Imagine that. 
cormac

YHWH

No, I didn't lie. Allow the Romans to describe how they felt about Jewish culture:

The Creed of Constantinople Church

“I renounce all customs, rites, legalisms, unleavened breads and sacrifices of lambs of the Hebrews, and all the other feasts of the Hebrews, sacrifices, prayers, aspirations, purifications, sanctifications, and propitiations, and fasts and New Moons, and Sabbaths, and superstitions, and hymns and chants, and observances, and synagogues.  

Absolutely everything Jewish, every [TORAH] Law, rite and custom and if afterwards I shall wish to deny and return to Jewish superstition, or shall be found eating with Jews, or feasting with them, or secretly conversing and condemning the Christian religion instead of openly confuting them and condemning their vain faith, then let the trembling of Cain and the leprosy of Gehazi cleave to me, as well as the legal punishments to which I acknowledge myself liable. And may I be an anathema in the world to come, and may my soul be set down with Satan and the devils.” Stefano Assemani, Acta Sanctorium Martyrum Orientalium at Occidentalium, Vol. 1, Rome 1748, page 105. [Emphasis mine]