Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Georgia Guidestones hit by bomb attack

Eldorado

The mysterious Georgia Guidestones have sustained significant damage after residents reported hearing a thunderous explosion near their location.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigations told reporters that preliminary information suggests someone used an explosive device to damage the pillars.

The Elbert County Sheriff’s Office is working with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to investigate the attack on the structure.

Investigators said unknown people detonated an explosive device at around 4 am.

A large portion of the structure was damaged and one part was completely destroyed.

MSN

Fox News

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

Seems a big waste of time, money and effort.

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Seems a big waste of time, money and effort.

The guide stones? :D

On a serious note, the guide stones were instructions concerning how to run the world after some unspecified cataclysm, right?  Seems to me that this was done by someone that didn't like the idea of anonymous wealthy people making such plans and this was done to let whoever put the stones up of their disapproval.  I think digging through social media about the Georgia Guide Stones will probably give a good indications on who to suspect.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What the hell, why? It's like bombing the Easter Island statues... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

People of the evangelical bent were extremely against its construction.

• Like 5

I noticed on another website people posting that the list of tenets on the guidestones were "New World Order" propoganda or conspiracy.   So maybe someone didn't understand the list and believed the conspiracy so they blew it up to protect their tiny piece of the world they think they live in from "New World Order".   :wacko:

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

What the hell, why? It's like bombing the Easter Island statues... 

Sorry, perhaps i missed something but these are in par with easter island moai?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Is anyone really shocked that we're seeing yet another incident of "crazy" being manifest?  In the grand scheme, it's a weird monument to someone's ego and someone else decided to wreck it for shitz and giggles.  IOW, it's just another Tuesday in the new America :sleepy:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Sorry, perhaps i missed something but these are in par with easter island moai?

No, they are not imnsho,

Details had slipped my mind the first round I reread about these stones and from the article...

“These were a tourist attraction

Seems they only date back to 79, and were made locally the same outfit kept them maintained, so then a go fund me should be able to raise enough to replace them by the same firm who first made them, how cool is that?

In the meantime i bet you a coke or pepsi whoever blew them up will never be found.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

In the meantime i bet you a coke or pepsi whoever blew them up will never be found.

I'd be interested to know if the explosive was something someone cooked up in a barn or a bath tub.  I don't know what kind of force is required to do that to granite but the blast pattern seemed pretty damned large.  That could be the thing to worry about.  Could be these things were just a test for some other, more deadly target.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, and then said:

I'd be interested to know if the explosive was something someone cooked up in a barn or a bath tub.  I don't know what kind of force is required to do that to granite but the blast pattern seemed pretty damned large.  That could be the thing to worry about.  Could be these things were just a test for some other, more deadly target.

Most times i find you wonky but you might just be on it today, not saying you are right but its possible, i would hope FBI could fingerprint so to speak the recipe for the explosive and that would further rule in or rule out your theory.

I would guess it takes a lot to do this and that is scary.

I dont want to bray what i think its a rather dull explanation, its why i do not think the perp will be caught.

• Like 2

They were put there by CNN or something right?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

Is anyone really shocked that we're seeing yet another incident of "crazy" being manifest?  In the grand scheme, it's a weird monument to someone's ego and someone else decided to wreck it for shitz and giggles.  IOW, it's just another Tuesday in the new America :sleepy:

Sadly you are correct, in todays America you may be shot or blown up at a BQ in your own yard fir no reason at all,  man sadly it’s not the same country I grew up in!:(. In the good old days if you didn’t like someone you walked up and tried to kick their ass, now the country’s full of cowards who are too afraid to do that so they use a gun, unbelievable and so sad!:(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

You certainly could be right makes sense really, hey who knows what’s next it could happen anywhere, anytime, any moment!:no:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

Most times i find you wonky but you might just be on it today, not saying you are right but its possible, i would hope FBI could fingerprint so to speak the recipe for the explosive and that would further rule in or rule out your theory.

I would guess it takes a lot to do this and that is scary.

Making the explosives is the easy part you can buy the ingredients almost anywhere and the instructions to combine them can be easily found on the line or the dark web now when you consider that it can be very scary because a complete retard can do it!

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

I dont want to bray what i think its a rather dull explanation, its why i do not think the perp will be caught.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Georgia Guidestones Demolished Following Early Morning Explosion

https://www.breitbart.com/local/2022/07/06/georgia-guidestones-demolished-following-early-morning-explosion/

I dunno, if it’s acceptable to tear down statues of historical figures you disagree with that lived 150 years ago, it seems like it should be also be acceptable to tear down a monument that advocates today for a 90% reduction of the human population. 

• Like 6

I hope they catch the perp and make them pay for demolition and restoration costs. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Just, why? 

They are considered to be blasphemous (Satanic even) by some of the more radical Christian groups.

Here's a video (by actually a good, sensible youtuber who often talks about cults, religion and so on, he's an Ex-JW)

The part about the Guide Stones starts at around 8 minutes 10 seconds. It's basically a monument with the whimsical idea that after a Nuclear Exchange or similar society destroying event people might rebuild a better society based on the various guidelines inscribed in the stone. This lady ran for office with the promise of demolishing the monument if she's elected.

The silliest part is that the monument isn't even anti-religion, the only thing it says about religion is:

"Rule Passion, Faith, Tradition, and all things with tempered reason"

(Oh, and it also advocates birth control by saying humanity should try to stay at a reasonably low number, so I guess that upsets groups like the Quiverfullers)

I assume it was bombed because of that.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Georgia Guidestones Demolished Following Early Morning Explosion

https://www.breitbart.com/local/2022/07/06/georgia-guidestones-demolished-following-early-morning-explosion/

I dunno, if it’s acceptable to tear down statues of historical figures you disagree with that lived 150 years ago, it seems like it should be also be acceptable to tear down a monument that advocates today for a 90% reduction of the human population. 

Destruction of monuments is unacceptable rather if one likes it or not. There were plenty of monuments destroyed in the 2020 riots because people

labeled them racist. Rioters even destroyed statues of Abolitionist who they had no clue who they were and assumed they were slave owners.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

I assume it was bombed because of that.

Probably bombed just for the sake of destruction. A lot of time I think there is some meaningful reason stupid stuff like this happens. Then the more I think about it, any reason will do. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Probably bombed just for the sake of destruction. A lot of time I think there is some meaningful reason stupid stuff like this happens. Then the more I think about it, any reason will do. 

Of course that's possible, but considering that this was apparently a controversial monument which seems to have been actively hated by some people, I don't think we can rule out a destruction with a motive either. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1