Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia warns humanity at risk ( Possible Nuclear War ) if West seeks to punish it over Ukraine

Grim Reaper 6

Former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said attempts by the West to punish a nuclear power such as Russia for the war in Ukraine risked endangering humanity, as the near five-month conflict leaves cities in ruins and thousands homeless. Russia's Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine has triggered the most serious crisis in relations between Russia and the West since the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, when many people feared the world was on the brink of nuclear war.

The idea of punishing a country that has one of the largestnuclear potentials is absurd. And potentially poses a threat to the existence of humanity," Medvedev, now deputy chairman of the Russian Security Council, said on Telegram on Wednesday. Attempts to use courts or tribunals to investigate Russia'sactions in Ukraine would, Medvedev said, be futile and riskglobal devastation. Ukraine and its Western allies say Russian forces have engaged in war crimes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-warns-humanity-at-risk-if-west-seeks-to-punish-it-over-ukraine/ar-AAZifFE?ocid=Peregrine&cvid=2dcf205371c14947a8eaa4286951cca3

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

To punish an aggressive bully is absurd?

Anybody know what happens when you let a bully get away with it?

Man I am with you, but yet this is the most serious threat of not only a Nuclear ☢️ Weapons release possibly in the Ukraine but also on a global level. I have been waiting for this to occur and praying it would not, but the last time threats like this were openly stated to the media worldwide was during the Cuban Missile Crisis. I know you remember it just like I do,  and outside of that time the world has never come closer to GLOBAL NUCLEAR WAR until now.

You know my friend I hope that strong minds prevail, however I have no faith In Vladimir Putin or Joe Biden in my opinion neither is playing with a full deck and the worst part is there are no checks and balances to prevent a bad decision. Which could be based upon a mental collapse by either or by a foolish accident caused by man made error and sitting here typing this I have no fear in my heart or mind. However, I can’t help but feel for the worlds young and especially the children, because I remember as a child how terrifying the Cuban Missile Crisis was.

Yet at least then we were told how serious the situation was, and the news stayed on 24 hours a day playing film of the Russian ships actually approaching Cuban. Which was unheard of in the early 1960s, you know then at least someone had enough concern for the world population that the Russian Premier blinked and backdown. Today, that common sense is gone and our world leaders are idiots who are lost in some kind of mental fog which makes them unable to focus on reality, man it’s sad!

Don’t know if you follow it if not but currently the DOOMSDAY CLOCK is at 100 seconds until Midnight it was placed there in January 2002 do to the conflict in the Ukraine and this is as close as it has ever been. The clock is updated every January, however The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists released the breaking update based on the current world situation, in which nuclear weapons have been directly referenced in recent weeks.

Quote from The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists: 

In the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the Russian takeover of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists’ Science and Security Board announced that the Clock will stay at 100 seconds to midnight—the closest humanity has ever been to self-destruction. The board is a select group of globally-recognized leaders who set the Doomsday Clock, and it recently convened to discuss the latest developments in Ukraine.”

At that time, we called out Ukraine as a potential flashpoint in an increasingly tense international security landscape. For many years, we and others have warned that the most likely way nuclear weapons might be used is through an unwanted or unintended escalation from a conventional conflict. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has brought this nightmare scenario to life, with Russian President Vladimir Putin threatening to elevate nuclear alert levels and even first use of nuclear weapons if NATO steps in to help Ukraine. This is what 100 seconds to midnight looks like.

Currently The Board Warning of a Global Catastrophe, The Science and Security Board noted that they were condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

They wrote, “We call on all countries to denounce Russia’s actions and Putin’s outrageous threats of nuclear use, and for Russia to withdraw its forces and live up to its 1994 pledge—made as part of the successful process of ensuring Ukraine did not gain control over the 1,900 nuclear weapons left on its territory when the Soviet Union dissolved—to fully respect Ukraine’s territorial integrity. Anything less is an affront to the rule of law and the principle of national self-determination. Anything less risks global catastrophe.”

https://www.postapocalypticmedia.com/doomsday-clock-now-update-russia-ukraine/

@Nuclear Wessel I am sending you this because you have asked me on many occasions about the possibilities of a Nuclear ☢️ War. Well if you were concerned it’s time to start paying close attention my friend, just in my opinion the current threats being made are no longer confined to the Ukraine they Global Threats.

@Helen of Annoy thought you may be interested in this thread the freakin Russians have lost their minds!

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The idiots are also threatening to attempt to invade and try to retake Alaska, they have lost their freakin minds!:yes:

@Tatetopa @Nuclear Wessel 

• Like 8

@eight bits hey my friend you should seriously read the OP source of this thread, this is a very serious development.:no:

• Like 1

@Manwon Lender while the threat might be real don't forget that rusians are just humans too. If a nuclear war starts they will be gone just like us. Living in fear, being oppresed, blackmailed, is not living. If this means our end has come so be it. Still better than living under the russian boot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

I've already come to terms that I probably have a couple years to live because of a nuclear war kicking off, so whatever. At this point I am just thinking that they should stop ****ing talking about it and just get on with it. Not really afraid of it anymore, and I would never bow to a Bolshevik. К черту Россию.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, odas said:

@Manwon Lender while the threat might be real don't forget that rusians are just humans too. If a nuclear war starts they will be gone just like us. Living in fear, being oppresed, blackmailed, is not living. If this means our end has come so be it. Still better than living under the russian boot.

Man please let me be more clear my friend. I personally have no fear, I should have been dead years ago I have been living on barrowed time since the 1990s so honestly death is nothing more then peaceful bliss for me. My wife and I have no children so if something happens we will go out in each others arms and there is no better way to go in my opinion.

My only regrets are for the young and especially the worlds children because even if the worst doesn't happen we have left a terribly screwed up world for the next generation and to me that is unforgivable. 

My only sincere hope in all of this is that my wife and I are at ground zero when the burst occurs because I like the heat and that flash will be like the gates of whatever comes next opens up and takes us both home,:tu:

Peace Bro!:tu:

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I've already come to terms that I probably have a couple years to live because of a nuclear war kicking off, so whatever. At this point I am just thinking that they should stop ****ing talking about it and just get on with it. Not really afraid of it anymore, and I would never bow to a Bolshevik. К черту Россию.

I am glad you have come to terms with the possibility, because just a short time ago you were a little upset sincerely glad your past it.

Peace

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

The idiots are also threatening to attempt to invade and try to retake Alaska, they have lost their freakin minds!:yes:

@Tatetopa @Nuclear Wessel 

33 minutes ago, eight bits said:

I was almost going to comment ... so here goes. Someday, there'll be a settlement of the war, and it will include war crimes - "punishment?" we'll see.

But Russia's long-term costs aren't only government-to-government. The Soviets and then the Russians had built up over decades a reputation as a reliable commercial partner, politics always put to one side. Energy, chemicals, food - if a contract was made then it was kept. You can't buy a reputation like that, you can't talk it into existence, you can't threaten it into existence.

That's gone. Not having it will cost them on every commercial deal they make indefinitely, plus all the deals that simply never happen.

I don't know how much much "justice" there is in the world anyway, but there sure is cause and effect.

Meanwhile, we have very stupid people in control of really awful weapons. It is not encouraging that they bray so much about that, but frankly, even if they shut up about it, it would be still be true, and we'd still know it was true.

We are cursed to live in interesting times.

Good point!  However...as I have been saying for years in so many different ways...Russia is not and never has been a reliable commercial partner...contracts were kept, but why...so they could become reputable?  Yes...and no.  Yes because if they ever had a hope of re-acquisition of their former greatness...they had to become that way...and no...because the inspiration and determination and planning was all so they could 'retake' the power in the world.

Russia is not a nice kid in the neighborhood as so many on this forum made them out to be.  Remember:  (toot toot) When everyone was saying China, China better keep your eyes on China...I was saying...We had better keep our eyes on Russia.  Countries, like people don't really change.

• Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

While it is always a 'possibility'...it isn't really probable.  Nonetheless...don't forget that you only have about 8 more years left anyway before Global Warming causes the Human Race to become extinct.B)

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, joc said:

While it is always a 'possibility'...it isn't really probable.  Nonetheless...don't forget that you only have about 8 more years left anyway before Global Warming causes the Human Race to become extinct.B)

The problem with that, joc, is that we are inferring probability from a standpoint of rationality. We assume that Putin is rational enough to not actually do it, and we assume that each and every one of the nuclear commanders would reject orders to launch nukes. Based on Putin’s actions and rhetoric, there is a marked decline in rationality, and am increase in aggressive and rash behaviour.

I have been saying this since February 24th - we can not look at Putin from an angle of rationality anymore. He is not that rational persona that he projected to the world - he is a narcissistic personality who also seems to be displaying traits of psychosis, slowly. His paranoia is increasing, and he is becoming more isolated. This, to me, increases the chances of him initiating a nuclear strike. 

• Like 4

Communists are thieves - its your fault when you've got nothing left to nick.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, eight bits said:

I was almost going to comment ... so here goes. Someday, there'll be a settlement of the war, and it will include war crimes - "punishment?" we'll see.

Yes I believe they will be charged with war crimes or the proper term coined in 1945 at the Nuremburg trials which was crimes against humanity! However, this current situation is much than just that to me for the following reasons. I come from a very unusual background my friend, now my parents were both wonderful caring people. My mother and father immigrated to the United States as part of Operation Paper Clip because of my fathers work in Germany during WWII. So to be honest and very frank I was taught to never have any love for the Russians. Yet I was also taught at the same time that the holocaust was real, and that if any Leader becomes too powerful and the Nations people become complacent that the worst in mankind can raise its frightening and ugly head again IF WE FORGET AND ALLOW HISTORY TO REPEAT ITSELF. My dad taught me during my childhood, to pay attention to world events and hope that history doesn't repeat itself. I love our country, and again my father taught me how lucky I was and how proud I should be for being born an American. That is why I dedicated my life to the service of the United States and the American people through my military service and time as a US Government Contractor which amounted to 34 years plus.

Well my friend we have allowed the worlds history to repeat itself, and Vladimir Putin is the new Hitler. All the events over the last 30 years have lead the world to this and the combination of weak, corrupt and mentally incapable world leaders that have brought us here at the intersection of history today. The people of the world have become complacent sheep who play follow the leader without questioning the direction they are being lead in. Since 1945 MAD has been the only thing that has kept us from destruction, the closest we ever came was the Cuban Missile crisis and I lived through and remember it. Along with going to school and playing Duck and Cover when the teacher would flash a light or say boom! These are dire times my friend, we currently have 2 completely incompetent and mentally unstable fools (Putin and Biden) in charge of the largest acumination of Nuclear Weapons on the Planet. The only semi stable leader of a Super power is the leader of China, I sadly believe of the 3 he is less likely to take us to the brink, never thought I would say that about China.

If WW3 starts it will start here in Asia, China will invade Taiwan during the height of the current conflict in the Ukraine which will put NATO in a two front conflict. The signs that Russia and China are planning and building a military strategy together has been very obvious because all the training they are doing together, plus the countries boarder each other so logistical support for any conflict will not be a primary concern for either Nation. In addition with China being one of the most industrialized manufacturing Nations in the World currently, along with all the material, oil, and mineral deposits that are contained by both countries the need for importation is not even a consideration that will concern them. The only thing preventing this at this time is China's leader, what he is going to do in the near future will set everything in motion only time will tell nothing else.

You know my friend the worst part of this for me is the mess we have left for the next generation it's so unbelievable and horrible. For me death is a well deserved rest, I have already lived past my expiration data so I am currently living on barrowed time so in that respect I have no regrets if the end comes tomorrow.

Peace my friend I got long winded here sorry, but I needed to vent I have been monitoring a radio for more than 30 hour's and hopefully soon I will be able to get some rack time.:tu:

35 minutes ago, eight bits said:

But Russia's long-term costs aren't only governthe direction they are beinmg ment-to-government. The Soviets and then the Russians had built up over decades a reputation as a reliable commercial partner, politics always put to one side. Energy, chemicals, food - if a contract was made then it was kept. You can't buy a reputation like that, you can't talk it into existence, you can't threaten it into existence.

That's gone. Not having it will cost them on every commercial deal they make indefinitely, plus all the deals that simply never happen.

I don't know how much much "justice" there is in the world anyway, but there sure is cause and effect.

Meanwhile, we have very stupid people in control of really awful weapons. It is not encouraging that they bray so much about that, but frankly, even if they shut up about it, it would be still be true, and we'd still know it was true.

We are cursed to live in interesting times.

the two 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, joc said:

Good point!  However...as I have been saying for years in so many different ways...Russia is not and never has been a reliable commercial partner...contracts were kept, but why...so they could become reputable?  Yes...and no.  Yes because if they ever had a hope of re-acquisition of their former greatness...they had to become that way...and no...because the inspiration and determination and planning was all so they could 'retake' the power in the world.

Russia is not a nice kid in the neighborhood as so many on this forum made them out to be.  Remember:  (toot toot) When everyone was saying China, China better keep your eyes on China...I was saying...We had better keep our eyes on Russia.  Countries, like people don't really change.

Hey my friend I was taught from childhood to never trust the Russians so I totally agree with you man!:tu:

• Like 4

Well Putin has to get in line behind that North Korean dictator. Kim had already decided to destroy America with his nukes for how many years now? And we're still waiting.

:lol:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Well Putin has to get in line behind that North Korean dictator. Kim had already decided to destroy America with his nukes for how many years now? And we're still waiting.

:lol:

There is a big difference here, Kim is on a Chinese leash like every other North Korean Leader since the War. Kim can’t lick his butt without Chinese permission, now Putin on the other hand holds the leash he doesn’t wear the collar like Kim, Jung Un.:yes:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

There is a big difference here, Kim is on a Chinese leash like every other North Korean Leader since the War. Kim can’t lick his butt without Chinese permission, now Putin on the other hand holds the leash he doesn’t wear the collar like Kim, Jung Un.:yes:

True. But irrational people do not often continuously makes threats for long periods of time. They lose their patience very soon an shoot or stab without very little warning. I don't see him taking the risk, because after he lost taking over Kyviv an failed killing the Ukraine leader, I think he would have launched nukes in the Ukraine by now,  but he wants to obviously preserve land and get what he thinks is Soviet lands back.

I won't bother believing it or be worried about it. It's all talk as far as I'm concerned. Bluffing.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Kim had already decided to destroy America with his nukes for how many years now? And we're still waiting.

Not the same level of threat at all. Russia has thousands of nukes compared to the handful of nukes that North Korea has.

• Like 1

Humanity has always been doomed if sanctions is all it takes to trigger nuclear war 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Not the same level of threat at all. Russia has thousands of nukes compared to the handful of nukes that North Korea has.

But that wasn't my point. Read my reply to Mr. Manwon.

53 minutes ago, Katniss said:

But irrational people do not often continuously makes threats for long periods of time.

Often being the keyword here. I suspect that Putin is being tempered by somebody, and they are acting as a fine line between all-out-nuclear war and conventional war. The problem with that line is that it's fine - meaning it will not require much more to cross.

They lose their patience very soon an shoot or stab without very little warning.

This is where the psychosis can benefit us. So long as Putin manages to convince himself that he is actually achieving all of his goals (though he already failed miserably, as you mentioned), I am not really worried that he will strike. Should the moment come that the loss of everything/his regime is imminent, though, we will all be in for an interesting spectacle.

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

I don't see him taking the risk, because after he lost taking over Kyviv an failed killing the Ukraine leader, I think he would have launched nukes in the Ukraine by now,  but he wants to obviously preserve land and get what he thinks is Soviet lands back.

I suspect he hasn't launched nukes into Ukraine only because he thinks that there is still a chance that he will be able to succeed in his "operation(s)". The moment that Russian defeat is assured, I suspect that it won't just be Ukraine that has nukes launched at them, because at that point he'll have nothing left to lose.

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

I won't bother believing it or be worried about it. It's all talk as far as I'm concerned. Bluffing.

It is all talk and posturing until it isn't. Many people thought he wouldn't actually go into Ukraine - literally the same words were used to describe the possibility: "Bluffing", "Posturing", etc. Look at where we are now.

The great thing about this is that we are all free to have our own thoughts on the matter, but I'd caution against trying to call his bluff one too many times. There is a reason that the US called off the Minuteman III test launches, indefinitely - and there's a reason that the US did not supply the long-range variant of HIMARS rockets... it's because the threat of nuclear war is very real, no matter how much you want to convince yourself otherwise. If the US - the country with the most powerful military in the world, with the highest level of intelligence - is doing everything it can to avoid escalations with Russia, there's a damn good reason, and nukes are a damn good reason.

• Like 2

Russians (in the sense of Putin and accomplices) are pushing as far as they can, until they feel they're being pushed back. They've got "aggressive beggar" attitude. 

More later, I've got to run now. 

• Like 3