Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia warns humanity at risk ( Possible Nuclear War ) if West seeks to punish it over Ukraine

Grim Reaper 6

13 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

It is all talk and posturing until it isn't. Many people thought he wouldn't actually go into Ukraine - literally the same words were used to describe the possibility: "Bluffing", "Posturing", etc. Look at where we are now.

But did he make threats beforehand that he would invade? No he didn't. As a matter of fact, he claimed the opposite and claimed he was only securing his boarders. So fooling most people, he lied and made his strike. If people are really going to shoot, they don't tell people they are really going to shoot. They just shoot so they can have the element of surprise.

it's because the threat of nuclear war is very real,

It's has always been real, but it would happen when we least expect it and without much warning.

no matter how much you want to convince yourself otherwise. If the US - the country with the most powerful military in the world, with the highest level of intelligence - is doing everything it can to avoid escalations with Russia, there's a damn good reason, and nukes are a damn good reason.

Yes well you can live in fear if you like. I won't. I realized after a point, of threat after threat, and no action, he's bluffing like Kim, Jung Un. Hopefully one day you will realize that to.

• Like 3

19 guys with boxcutters changed our world in an hour.  It has never been the same again as it was on 9/10/01.  Imagine a single nuke hitting Kyiv.  Just one.  I'm not sure we'd actually answer with a nuke but we WOULD BE FORCED to answer.  Short of surrender there would be no way to stop the escalation.  Does anyone of either political ideology actually believe the current admin could deal with such a crisis?  Interesting times, indeed.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Yes well you can live in fear if you like

There's a difference between living and fear and being mindful of very real possibility.

. I won't. I realized after a point, of threat after threat, and no action, he's bluffing like Kim, Jung Un. Hopefully one day you will realize that to.

And hopefully you'll realize that just because you think it's a bluff that doesn't mean it is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

There's a difference between living and fear and being mindful of very real possibility.

And hopefully you'll realize that just because you think it's a bluff that doesn't mean it is.

We will see. ;)

10 minutes ago, and then said:

19 guys with boxcutters changed our world in an hour.  It has never been the same again as it was on 9/10/01.  Imagine a single nuke hitting Kyiv.  Just one.  I'm not sure we'd actually answer with a nuke but we WOULD BE FORCED to answer.  Short of surrender there would be no way to stop the escalation.  Does anyone of either political ideology actually believe the current admin could deal with such a crisis?  Interesting times, indeed.

Yep, as well as anybody else for now.  Not Biden, but his administration.   There is no course of action that can make it all smell like roses.  Any choice can wind up badly.

However, here is a major advantage I see.  The Biden Administration is full of experienced people.  They were not all appointed as yes men with little political or world experience apart from running a private billion dollar company with less than 100 employees.  They are not all there to feather their own nests. There is no equivalent of Jared Kushner, a young man with limited experience tapped to solve everything from pandemics to world peace.

You may not like their experiences and social views, neither do I for that matter, but on the international scene, this is not their first rodeo.  They do not all have the same experiences or point of view as Biden does.   They are not all hawks or apologists either.  Many have served in the military in war zones and know what the experience for soldiers and civilians will be. They will not sell America out for personal gain, 

They may be the pilots, but just like us, the passengers, they have no parachutes.  If the plane goes down, they go down with it, there won't be any way to escape.   So yeah, in this case I will choose an experienced crew over a young good looking one.

In all honesty and then, sadly, I don't see anybody waiting in the wings that can do any better. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

We shall. 

Do you know what the one stupid thing about this whole argument between is? If the world does blow up in a nuclear apocalypse, either you or I or both wouldn't be around to to say Ha! I told you so!  Unless heaven is real and they have Internet and a UM forum there where we can reply to each other. :lol:

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Yes well you can live in fear if you like. I won't.

A great point that goes beyond bluff or no bluff. 

Here is my garden homily.   I do everything I can to raise this year's crop of fruit and vegetables.  Some I grow for particular people.  My wife loves watermelons, her sister loves radishes, my kids love leeks, onions, garlic, and cooking herbs. They all love tomatoes.  I carry the memory of the smile of my 94 year old father-in-law  eating his fill of good fresh strawberries.  I try new varieties, learn all I can and put my energy into it, because I love giving people I love things that they like.  It is a small pleasure that strengthens our bonds.

I put my energy into fighting slugs, bugs, moles, voles, rabbits, deer and other natural competitors.  I focus my power and attention on what parts of my life I can control. When it is too dry and hot, I water and put up shade.  Every year there are some failures and successes.

Regardless, some years there is a hailstorm or torrential rain or windstorm beyond my power to control.  When it is over, if there is anything left I salvage what I can. 

Up until the day that happens, I do the best I can  and focus on today and the pleasure I take in finding a new variety of pea or bean we  enjoy.  For me, it is a big part of living a full life; being connected, working, creating, and learning. I work hard to prepare as well as I can, but to worry about things beyond my control is useless.

One does not need a garden to cultivate skills and have a meaningful life today. If there is no tomorrow, if it all ends in a flash, maybe I will have time to think, and be grateful for today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

A great point that goes beyond bluff or no bluff. 

Here is my garden homily.   I do everything I can to raise this year's crop of fruit and vegetables.  Some I grow for particular people.  My wife loves watermelons, her sister loves radishes, my kids love leeks, onions, garlic, and cooking herbs. They all love tomatoes.  I carry the memory of the smile of my 94 year old father-in-law  eating his fill of good fresh strawberries.  I try new varieties, learn all I can and put my energy into it, because I love giving people I love things that they like.  It is a small pleasure that strengthens our bonds.

I put my energy into fighting slugs, bugs, moles, voles, rabbits, deer and other natural competitors.  I focus my power and attention on what parts of my life I can control. When it is too dry and hot, I water and put up shade.  Every year there are some failures and successes.

Regardless, some years there is a hailstorm or torrential rain or windstorm beyond my power to control.  When it is over, if there is anything left I salvage what I can. 

Up until the day that happens, I do the best I can  and focus on today and the pleasure I take in finding a new variety of pea or bean we  enjoy.  For me, it is a big part of living a full life; being connected, working, creating, and learning. I work hard to prepare as well as I can, but to worry about things beyond my control is useless.

One does not need a garden to cultivate skills and have a meaningful life today. If there is no tomorrow, if it all ends in a flash, maybe I will have time to think, and be grateful for today.

Now that is positive thinking and what being mindful really is.

P.S. I love watermelons and strawberries too. ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Katniss said:

P.S. I love watermelons and strawberries too.

I would send you some if I could just for friendship's sake, but no doubt somebody local can do a better job than I.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I would send you some if I could just for friendship's sake, but no doubt somebody local can do a better job than I.

It's okay. We actually have watermelons growing in our own garden and I know someone not far from me that grows strawberries, so we trade garden grown fruits and veggies. :D But thank you anyway, Mr. Tatetopa.

• Like 2

The French President warned against isolating Russia and humiliating Putin. He seems to understand the Russian mindset better than other Western countries.

It's a very dangerous game. Russia is not North Korea.

• Like 1

It's almost certain that Russians are bluffing. "Almost" is not good enough, of course, but on the other hand, if Putin wants to throw the first nuke, and if such order would be carried out, then he'll do it, when the West reaches its appeasing limit. Because he's an insecure little ****, no confirmation is ever enough for him, so the more you give him the more he'll demand. 

His goals are restoration of USSR and Russian empire, at once (with society fully immersed in an ideological potluck which deserves own essay), dissolving NATO, spreading sphere of Russian influence to entire Europe, destroying the USA, being considered the smartest, toughest, most appealing tsar (I wish I was joking). 

At what point an average person and an average government will say that such demand cannot be met? Is Poland's border the line he cannot cross? Or his manipulations with domestic terrorists in America?

Maybe there's no such line. Maybe he can be appeased until he gets the whole world on a platter, because there's a chance he might start a nuclear war. Well, he might start it anyway. Because for many people, especially those on Putin's wish list of genocide, the line was crossed at Ukrainian border. 

What do I care if I'm going to evaporate in a nuclear blast, or in a thermobaric blast? Of radiation sickness, or slowly tortured by pro-Russian neighbors? Of course I don't like any of those possibilities. But to be honest, I won't commit suicide by surrendering to Russians, just because people further West are afraid they might get directly involved in the war.

You're already involved because Russians declared you their enemies. 

If Russians assess the West wouldn't respond to their nukes, tactical or strategic, they will use them. 

It's that simple. 

By the way, Medvedev makes weekly nuclear war threats - no, seriously, once a week. This week he also quoted Bible (Judge not, lest ye be judged!) as an argument why Russian war crimes shouldn't be prosecuted. lol. Various clowns from Duma also make regular nuclear threats and there's one thing these threats have in common - there's no western response. In their propaganda universe, Russian missiles are unstoppable and the West won't be able to respond. 

In reality, Medvedev showed too much fear of the future International Tribunal for someone who supposedly believe in Russian victory in nuclear war.  

In other words, they won't.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

The French President warned against isolating Russia and humiliating Putin. He seems to understand the Russian mindset better than other Western countries.

It's a very dangerous game. Russia is not North Korea.

It is a very dangerous game, we are not Ukraine. 

• Like 4

Russia won't launch. 

It is their last deterent.

From the ashes and the outreaches the armed units will rise to obliterate the Russian ground units so Russia lose.

They need to shut up and realise the short and long term positions are unwinnable. And the meedya need to stop fear mongering.

9 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Russia won't launch. 

Russia might not want to launch, but if Putin was surrounded in his bunker with the red button on his table, do you think he will just come quietly like Sadam did for his trial? Or would he press the button?

• Like 1

steve is talking to himself. Why I'm not surprised? :lol: 

edit to clarify: two alts is really too much and you really should never use them to talk to "each other". :lol:  It's just too obvious. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

steve is talking to himself. Why I'm not surprised? :lol: 

edit to clarify: two alts is really too much and you really should never use them to talk to "each other". :lol:  It's just too obvious. 

What?

4 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

By the way, Medvedev makes weekly nuclear war threats - no, seriously, once a week. This week he also quoted Bible (Judge not, lest ye be judged!) as an argument why Russian war crimes shouldn't be prosecuted. lol. Various clowns from Duma also make regular nuclear threats and there's one thing these threats have in common - there's no western response. In their propaganda universe, Russian missiles are unstoppable and the West won't be able to respond. 

In reality, Medvedev showed too much fear of the future International Tribunal for someone who supposedly believe in Russian victory in nuclear war.  

In other words, they won't.  

That is why I believe they are bluffing. Threat after threat, threat after threat, threat after threat. They sound like schoolyard bullies that try to use psychological fear to get what they want from you or for you to back down and submit.  - Give me your lunch money kid or I will kick your butt.

Are they capable of nuclear attack, yes, no doubt. But do they really want to? Nope! Because they know the final result of mutual destruction is a lot of trouble for them to actually do it.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Are they capable of nuclear attack, yes, no doubt. But do they really want to? Nope! Because they know the final result of mutual destruction is a lot of trouble for them to actually do it.

I completely agree.

However, not just you, but everyone here is ignoring the fact that Putin is hiding in his bunker with a big red button on his desk.

Do you really think he will come quietly for his mock trial? Or if his life was in personal danger, would he press the button? 

Basically, if he feels his life is over, I believe he will take everyone out with him, as he is a psycho

28 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I completely agree.

However, not just you, but everyone here is ignoring the fact that Putin is hiding in his bunker with a big red button on his desk.

Do you really think he will come quietly for his mock trial? Or if his life was in personal danger, would he press the button? 

Basically, if he feels his life is over, I believe he will take everyone out with him, as he is a psycho

Is that big red button even connected?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Is that big red button even connected?

Not sure. You want to take the risk?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Not sure. You want to take the risk?

You want to surrender to every terrorist that comes along?

"He either fears his fate too much or his deserts are muckle spra who will not put it to the touch, thus to win or lose it."

Edited by Tatetopa
added Burns quote
  • Like 1

Just now, Tatetopa said:

You want to surrender to every terrorist that comes along?

Not at all. Just avoid escalating a situation from a limited war to an all out nuclear war.

Why would we surrender? Thats not even a demand from the murderer

54 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I completely agree.

And are you going to go into Russia and arrest him if he gets convicted? If you do, while you are at it, travel over to North Korea and arrest Kim Jong-un for his convicted crimes against humanity to.  :lol: Good luck!

Edit; corrected word usage.

Edited by Katniss